Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
exGER was always a reasonable starting point for fares to HKG. May be worth looking at.
Miss the good old days when the 1GBP = 1.30EUR it was about £800 !
YacozA, KARFA, AceCobra1 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Miss the good old days when the 1GBP = 1.30EUR it was about £800 !
£1k to Hawaii as well! Those were the days
Cheny likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:06 am

£1k to Hawaii as well! Those were the days
Or £700 HNL-LAX-MCO-MIA-SJU-MIA-LAS-LAX-HNL in F.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Hi guys, I am about to book an Emirates flight from GLA to HKG due to how cheap it is @ £1900 return in J. I have posted in the CX forum to pick the brains of other forum members and the cheapest exEU flight that was found is OSL to HKG @ £1900. The only thing is that it is a bit awkward for me to fly from GLA - LHR - OSL then from OSL back to LHR and then HKG lol. Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions from GLA to HKG with a cheapish ex EU flight. I probably don't mind paying upto £2500 all in with 2 flight connections. If not, I will probably just book Emirates. Cheers!
What are your dates?
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by IntVic
What are your dates?
Sorry, just realized I didn't put it in, it is 11th to 22nd Sept. Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
I think there's a "cheap tickets" clinic thread banging about.
The cheapest I could easily find for those dates was £1809 BLQ (Bologna) - LHR - HKG w/ BA, without looking for cheeky discounts or potential savings from OTAs etc.
Link: https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f
You'd still need to position yourself to Bologna which would involve cost and time (but, it's a lovely city with some truly excellent food, if that's your thing).

If you're not fussed about an alliance or particular airline you can shave off another ~£200 with some other carriers, but they look to be 2-stop itineraries for that price and are about 8hrs longer (with arguably worse hard product).
AceCobra1 likes this.

Last edited by pythonisman; Jul 18, 2019 at 5:59 am Reason: Added link
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You really just need to spend some time on e.g. google flights looking at options from the usual ex-EU locations - INV, AMS, CDG, CPH, OSL,DUB etc but concentrating on those airports where you can get to/from GLA easily as doing two hop flights GLA-LHr-XXX to get to a starting point for HKG just adds so many complications if things go wrong on the day.

There are sometimes deals ex EDI as well

But remember to add in the costs of any positioning flights and possible extra hotels for over night stays to be safely as your starting airport for your real starting flight to HKG.

Personally for a saving of £600 per person flying ex GLA over any other routing I'd stick to that and won't care about earning avios and TPs from using one world airlines.
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:20 am

£1978 from Dublin (11-22 Sept) plus of course positioning flights.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
exGER was always a reasonable starting point for fares to HKG. May be worth looking at.
Still is, though not as spectacularly cheap as it used to be. £1,917 from DUS. MXP a little cheaper again and manageable for back-to-back.
AceCobra1 likes this.

Last edited by Cymro; Jul 18, 2019 at 7:41 am
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro
Still is, though not as spectacularly cheap as it used to be. £1,917 from DUS. MXP a little cheaper again and manageable for back-to-back.
I noticed MXP was a good price; but not so simple from GLA !
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Am looking at going to Bogota for £779 Economy:

7 Aug 2019: LGW TPA MIA BOG and returning 14 Aug BOG MIA LHR

Any way to get a better cabin without spending thousands? Am flexible within August.

(Have Lloyds upgrade voucher, only 25k Avios, 30k Virgin points, 12k Miles&More)

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Wanderlust888

Any way to get a better cabin without spending thousands? Am flexible within August.

(Have Lloyds upgrade voucher, only 25k Avios, 30k Virgin points, 12k Miles&More)

Thanks
Starting in DUB fares on AA website £1162 PE and £1786 in business
Wanderlust888 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Wanderlust888

Thanks
From INV in WT+ for under £1100
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Hi Guys

Looking to get to Japan (tyo, kix, cts) for around 2 weeks in Feb 2020 in J. Happy to go ex eu, and will UuA..but fares seem quite high..is there a sale looming? Any help would be appreciated. QR fares seemed good too but they've disappeared too
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by jock
Hi Guys

Looking to get to Japan (tyo, kix, cts) for around 2 weeks in Feb 2020 in J. Happy to go ex eu, and will UuA..but fares seem quite high..is there a sale looming? Any help would be appreciated. QR fares seemed good too but they've disappeared too
If you're not fixed on OneWorld then EY has CDG-AUH-NRT for £1500 in Feb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.