Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Looking to travel to KOA during October half term. My ideal plan would be to do a positioning back to back flight on Thursday 24th October and spend the night back at LHR before getting the 1st JFK flight Friday morning. This should mean I can get the earlier of the two LAX flights to get a decent night's sleep before the final leg Saturday morning.

I would look to spend 6 days in Hawaii, leaving to come back the evening on Friday 1st November so we were back in the UK on Sunday 3rd

I'm doing this trip with TP's in mind but primarily as a short holiday to see a Volcano! For that reason I'm interested in being TP optimized, so I know the transcontinental needs to be 2000+ legs so that rules out any DFW connections or direct flights to LAX. I don't really want to add for example a HEL or CAI on, but not opposed to adding an extra 40 TP earner stateside if it does not add extra days to the trip.

I'm also keen on a flat bed for the transcon, at least on the way out, so does that just mean JFK to LAX?

Best fare I've found is £2200 out of GOT. Happy with any Euro starting point that I can B2B on. Was hoping for something closer to £1500.

Grateful for any pointers.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL , HH Gold, UA Plat
I need to go to Asia at the end of June and was wondering if anyone could help me find a more cost effective way of flying. Currently I have found flights leaving OSL-SIN on June 26th and returning from SIN to OSL on August 8th for 1463 GBP. This is on Qatar as I am keen to optimize TP as well. While the dates are pretty fixed I am happy to fly out of anywhere ex EU and HKG SIN BKK ect as my final destination will be PVG.
Below is a link to the most optimal flights I have found so far:
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=O...;sd:1;t:b;tt:m
Thanks so much for your help, the majority of you are better at this that me so id appreciate any help I could get!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Looking to travel to KOA during October half term. My ideal plan would be to do a positioning back to back flight on Thursday 24th October and spend the night back at LHR before getting the 1st JFK flight Friday morning. This should mean I can get the earlier of the two LAX flights to get a decent night's sleep before the final leg Saturday morning.
If booking on AA flights be wary of reschedules which occur frequently and can trash your plans

I'm doing this trip with TP's in mind but primarily as a short holiday to see a Volcano! KOA is the other side of the island to the live (well potentially) volcanoes and Etna or Vesuvius are both more active and closer
I believe there are no lava flows on the island right now and last November the main volcanic areas were out of bounds - might have changed but check beforehand.

I'm also keen on a flat bed for the transcon, at least on the way out, so does that just mean JFK to LAX?
Will probably mean you have to have a paid stopover in NYC to lock the route in, otherwise you are likely to find yourself rerouted LHR-LAX and lose 140TP.

Best fare I've found is £2200 out of GOT. Happy with any Euro starting point that I can B2B on. Was hoping for something closer to £1500.
No fares this low have been lodged for the route or any other point of origin I've searched on ExpertFlyer. If you can book with BA then using cash+points make most sense as the distance earns a lot back. Another problem is the availability of I fares on the transcontinental segments which forces the booking to a higher fare bucket.

Last edited by UKTony; Jun 4, 2019 at 1:36 pm Reason: remove brackets
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
A polite but firm reminder

This thread is specifically for finding a good British Airways fare.

Unless you are specifically after a a good British Airways fare, please post in other forum sections, such as:
QR: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...lege-club-644/
AA: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...advantage-733/
Or any other relevant airline sections.

It is important that the questions posted on this thread are specifically about British Airways fares (not just crediting the flights to your BAEC account or a tiny proportion of your itinerary includes BA flights), so that it does not derail the thread.

Any post you make on this thread must be strictly be about British Airways airfares.

Apologies for the what might seem like a draconian measure, but in the future, unless it is specified in your post that you are specifically looking for BA fares, or it is otherwise obvious beyond doubt that you are seeking a BA fare, your posts will be mercilessly deleted without notice in this thread, so as to keep the thread on-topic and easy to read without the clutter of discussing other airline fares.

Thank you for your cooperation.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Fritz likes this.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Jun 5, 2019 at 12:49 am
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I'm looking to head to Jumeriah in Dubai in late August, so either Dubai DXB or Abu Dhabi AUH airports are fine. Aiming for business. Quite happy to do an ex-EU for it too. Specific dates are out Saturday 24th August +- 1 day, back Saturday 31st +- 1 day.

I'm finding a bunch of ex-EU fares for GBP 1300-1400 out of France / Benelux / Germany / Italy, all into AUH. Factoring in positioning flights (also in business), it's looking like Luxembourg is the winner, at GBP 1570 (£1315 + £255)

To be honest, since the Qatar / UAE blockade removed all the QR flights and hence a bit of competition, I think that's probably the best I'll do! However, in case of anyone knows of a better place to ex-EU via for the UAE in late August, I figure it's worth asking

(Helsinki is showing for GBP 1325, add on £300 for positioning flights, and while you get a 80 rather than 40 tier points each way, it seems to need overnights both ways which pushes the total cost up rather!)
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Help needed

Can anyone find any good fares to the Maldives at the end of February 2020 in Business Class for two people?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Folks, just a reminder : find-me-a-fare queries are much more likely to get helpful answers if you include ‘from where’, ‘with which airline/alliance’, and an indication of the best price you’ve found so far. @:-)
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:41 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
‘with which airline/alliance’
British Airways? @:-)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Agree with everything else you said though.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Can anyone find any good fares to the Maldives at the end of February 2020 in Business Class for two people?
BUD-MLE is £1800ish in Qatar with a 5 hour wait in DOH in both directions. The DOH-MLE sectors are on an A320.

Couldn’t see anything cheaper on Oneworld.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for your help, it doesn’t need to be with BA just looking for a good deal in a nice seat.
The price from BUD is that for one person?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone confirm the above or see and offer deals, many thanks?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Thank you for your help, it doesn’t need to be with BA just looking for a good deal in a nice seat.
The price from BUD is that for one person?
I’ve just had a quick look on google flights and yes it is for one person.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

I had a look last night from arn oslo bru ams and dub and prices were from £2100 approx per person for feb 2020. Most were on klm etc so 1800 from bud per person looks the best so far. Will have another look tonight

regards

tbs
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you both. ^
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:22 am

There are a couple of random days in late Feb where Austrian is ~£1700 from CDG but those have a 2-stop on the way back via CMB (on UL) & ZRH (on WK/LX), so I think the QR fare is the best one right now. Might get better in a (flash?) sale later in the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.