Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

For a 7th Apr to 12th Apr, a LUX departure on BA is pricing at GBP 1200 to GBP 1220 ( as the return is on easter sunday availability might go quickly- dub availability looked limited) which is very good for NYC IMO these days.

Regards

TBS
Annoyingly I missed this now the fare has completely gone from what I can see.

Chances of it popping up again?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Originally Posted by Jordi14
Hi

Anyone would could help / recommend.
Need to attend a wedding in Natal Brasil, the 1st weekend of October.

Would like to use my benefits as a 'Silver' and earn some tier points.
What would be the best and cheapest way, and if possible minimum W or J.
TAP seems to be the most logical or Latam, but that has no benefits I guess for me ?

I'm London based.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.
hold your breath. I went to a wedding in Brazil. assumed the place would be cheap. Oh no it wasn’t. Anything and everything was eye watering including the flight !
Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:11 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Brazil flights can be expensive in W and J.
A friend of mine that goes there frequently in J and F praises Trailfinders for alerting him about deals.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:45 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by eugegall
Annoyingly I missed this now the fare has completely gone from what I can see.

Chances of it popping up again?
Looking at EF I see the nice LUX-NYC fare is still available. Ticketing by BA, IB or AA for around GBP 850 + taxes, fees and charges. I just checked April 7th-14th on ba.com and it's showing for €1,436, about GBP 1,196, all inclusive. Routing via WAS or PHL also possible, by the looks of things. I class availability looks ok too, which I find surprising for around Easter.

Google flights is showing me incorrect data for pretty much all BA fares from mainland Europe right now, so don't go by that.
eugegall likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:15 pm

I am looking for a business class flight from London to New York anytime in June for 15 days return, hoping to get BA Silver. Does anyone have any suggestions for lowest fare to earn Silver tier?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, modernflyer!
Originally Posted by modernflyer
I am looking for a business class flight from London to New York anytime in June for 15 days return, hoping to get BA Silver. Does anyone have any suggestions for lowest fare to earn Silver tier?
Funnily enough, this thread today has basically been asking the same question: Is Zero to Silver from LON to NYC possible?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Help with finding best price for LHR-Scottsdale please

Hi guys

I'm going to be travelling to Scottsdale AZ 5th-7th May this year. My plan is to travel from the UK sometime over the weekend before (2nd or 3rd) and return home on the Fri/Sat/Sun (8th/9th/10th).

As it's a work trip, I can claim the WTP fare, but have a couple hundred thousand Avios to upgrade if possible. Unfortunately I'm not having any luck with finding available Avois upgrades. WTP Fare is currently coming out at around Ł1800.

So, my question to the collective experts on here is, what's the most reasonable Club fare I can get if I don't go direct? If I can get Club for not much more, I'll pay the extra. I've looked on Google Flights, and can't really get my head around it(!), and have seen a few threads about travelling from Dublin/AMS etc and getting good Club prices. I'm flexible on dates to a degree, and have Avios to upgrade if needed.

I should also say that I can fly from BHX or LGW too.

If anyone is able to help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
There is a thread for specific help like this. I'll ask for this to be moved into it.

Tredders likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:50 am

Thank you - apologies, didn't see the other thread.

This thread can be closed now.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:51 am

Hi guys

I'm going to be travelling to Scottsdale AZ 5th-7th May this year. My plan is to travel from the UK sometime over the weekend before (2nd or 3rd) and return home on the Fri/Sat/Sun (8th/9th/10th).

As it's a work trip, I can claim the WTP fare, but have a couple hundred thousand Avios to upgrade if possible. Unfortunately I'm not having any luck with finding available Avois upgrades. WTP Fare is currently coming out at around Ł1800.

So, my question to the collective experts on here is, what's the most reasonable Club fare I can get if I don't go direct? If I can get Club for not much more, I'll pay the extra. I've looked on Google Flights, and can't really get my head around it(!), and have seen a few threads about travelling from Dublin/AMS etc and getting good Club prices. I'm flexible on dates to a degree, and have Avios to upgrade if needed.

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tredders
Hi guys

Thanks
You can get a CW return from OTP (Bucharest) for Ł2000 with an overnight layover in Heathrow. Alternatively, if you'd like to get all the travel done in one day, you can go from Oslo via London and Chicago for the same amount (without the stop in Chicago on the way back - so OSL-LHR-ORD-PHX-LHR-OSL).

Other options are also available, especially if you're willing to stray from BA and going with Finnair or AA. Play around with the search to see what works for you. Some of these connect via east coast airports such as JFK, which is good news if you're looking for extra BA tier points, as you'll get 40+140+140 tier points for each leg instead of 40+140+40 if you connect via e.g. ORD, DFW, or LAX, or 40+140 if you go direct.

Keep in mind that if you have checked luggage, that will travel all the way to OSL/OTP on the way back, and you can't rely on getting this short-checked to just LHR unless your connecting flight is the next day.
Tredders likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:10 pm

Thanks so much for this - appreciate it.

I’ll take a look and book this week 👍
saccosekk likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Looking to be in LAS NOV30-DEC4. Flying from HEL in Club. Already booked reward seats, but interested in the possibility of earning TPs in case a good fare can be found. Currently everything I find is way over €2000. Can start from anywhere is Europe.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:20 am

Anyone seeing anything good in business to West Coast USA in May? Based in DUB but willing to position. Best I’ve seen is about €1900 ex FRA but with LH
Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Has anyone seen any good European fares as a result of the Coronavirus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.