Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:59 am

Hello flyertalkers.

Intro and context: I've been collecting Avios for years, averaging ~250k per annum which gets me a couple of decent redemptions. This is mostly through card spend and promotions, with a bit of UK domestic travel (this tends to keep me at Silver level). I'm sitting at 485 TP right now, year ends early January. I'm probably on track to hit 600 TP and retain Silver, but I'd quite like to do a run and get Gold. While I'm experienced in maximising Avios, I'm a bit of a novice with the Tier Points.

I'd like to do a tier point run sometime between October and January (though not between xmas and new year). Ideally over a weekend or a few days either side. I need *1000 points* with a budget of *£1200*. Happy to do hand baggage, will need lie flat beds, ideally a layover in any of the following: Chicago, New York, San Fran. Would prefer western run, but would also consider eastern with wither Singapore or Bali layover.

I'm looking to find someone who can find me the ideal fare for me. Happy to discuss here and also happy to be referred to travel agents, PMs etc.

I see there's cheap Club World mentioned on TLFL the other day, happy to learn how to add flights either side of that using these ITA or flight tools (I'll need to get up to speed on how to use them)

If anyone knows of a good run please shout, any tips please shout, anyone can refer me to a TA who will do it for me please shout

D
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Trying to work out the best way to price this one.

What I actually want is ZRH->BOG (23 Nov), BOG->UVF (30 Nov/1 Dec - flexible), UVF->ZRH (leaving 6 or 7 Dec), travelling in J, with a GUF2.

Currently I don't seem to be able to reasonably price this with BA (assistance welcome) so am looking at ZRH->MIA (23 Nov), UVF->ZRH (leaving 6 or 7 Dec), travelling in J, with a GUF2, then getting MIA->BOG, BOG->UVF separately.

Cheapest I've found is something like CHF3,966.35 for this, to which a GUF2 can be applied (I think) and gets me F out:

Or this with J out (CHF1624.85):

Any better ideas?

Last edited by abligh; Sep 6, 2019 at 6:32 am
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:15 pm

Are there any decent J fares to West Coast USA around for next August (or very end of July)?

The ex Germany deals only get you to east coast and a separate ticket over to LAS, LAX, SFO, SEA etc just erode the savings on that deal

I’m leaving from DUB but willing to position
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I had a look at F fares for late April. Arn-Lhr-Jfk-Lax-Sjc were pricing at about 2850 GBP return midweek, which would bring the trip to 1000TPs at 2.85 per TP. Not ideal but also not too expensive compared to recent trips I tried to price. SFO also worked on some dates.

My only question is can you use the CCR if flying first on BA F but on an AA codeshare?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi all
I'm looking for a fare to go:
Flight 1: London -> Los Angeles 21 Dec or next day
Flight 2: Washington -> London 3 Jan plus/minus a day

My preference would be Premium economy each way.
I've found a fare for £1034 on Kayak but this doesn't seem to be bookable.
I've also found £1207 on Google flights, but again, going onto the BA website this doesn't seem to be bookable.
On the BA website, the outbound flight shows as £565 in WT+ and the inbound at £719 so not a world of difference but it is there.
It also offers Club class for £791 on the inbound leg. so I for the sake of £75 I thought I'd go for the flat bed, so selected the outbound at £565 and the inbound at £791 expecting the total to be £1359, but the total came out at £1750

Am I doing something obviously wrong here? I don't really get how I select two individually priced legs and then the price jumps up by £400.
All advice gratefully received.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:41 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Looking at LGW - HKG - MNL / BKK-HKG-LGW on Cathay economy for £680 October - Feb

Just seen I can flying LHR-HKG and back on BA on WT+ (with space to upgrade the outbound with avios to CW) for £940, which seems like a significant increase in comfort compared to Cathay (despite having exit row on CX). Flying back direct from BKK is an option, but those planes are so bad I would rather Y on CX than WT+ on BA9.

My issue is having to do two positioning flights in Asia (HKG-MNL and BKK-HKG), which adds £80 and 18k avios in charges, and especially on the way back I would have to leave a lot of wiggle room so that I don't miss the connection in case of delay. I've checked with BA about changing the start/end points to get it on one ticket, but it adds a lot of £.

This forum has been so helpful, so crossing my fingers someone can think of something I can't to make the BA more attractive (ie. changing something above). Thanks
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Drublic
Hello flyertalkers.

Intro and context: I've been collecting Avios for years, averaging ~250k per annum which gets me a couple of decent redemptions. This is mostly through card spend and promotions, with a bit of UK domestic travel (this tends to keep me at Silver level). I'm sitting at 485 TP right now, year ends early January. I'm probably on track to hit 600 TP and retain Silver, but I'd quite like to do a run and get Gold. While I'm experienced in maximising Avios, I'm a bit of a novice with the Tier Points.

I'd like to do a tier point run sometime between October and January (though not between xmas and new year). Ideally over a weekend or a few days either side. I need *1000 points* with a budget of *£1200*. Happy to do hand baggage, will need lie flat beds, ideally a layover in any of the following: Chicago, New York, San Fran. Would prefer western run, but would also consider eastern with wither Singapore or Bali layover.

I'm looking to find someone who can find me the ideal fare for me. Happy to discuss here and also happy to be referred to travel agents, PMs etc.

I see there's cheap Club World mentioned on TLFL the other day, happy to learn how to add flights either side of that using these ITA or flight tools (I'll need to get up to speed on how to use them)

If anyone knows of a good run please shout, any tips please shout, anyone can refer me to a TA who will do it for me please shout

D
Welcome to BAEC Flyertalk Drublic. I'm sure one of the Mods will see this is your first post and give you a more formal welcome.

If you have a stash of Avios think about using them to get to either DXB or ABU then use Sri Lankan to earn 560 TP's for about £700-750:00.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/

ML

Last edited by Mountlodge; Sep 9, 2019 at 10:01 am Reason: Originally quoted 760 TP's and should have quoted 560. Apologies
Old Sep 14, 2019, 4:56 am

Fixed Dates Thur 19/3/20 - Mon 23/3/20 GLA-DEN
If reasonable /sale price had been willing to pay for revenue F (despite T3 transfer).
Prices pretty high even in J £2300+
F around £3200 Return. There is a 2 leg option via ORD for £1900 in F. But hate connections, and ORD sounds ropey for transfers.
Any thoughts?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
£1570 INV-SAN-LHR April 2020 CW

Can this be beaten on price or TPs?
Full itinerary: 22nd INV- LHR, 23rd LHR-JFK-SAN return 27th SAN-JFK-LHR.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
TP run by end of September

Hi all, I need 220TPs and would like to fly out evening of 27th or any time on the 28th September, back to work for Tuesday 1st October (Monday is only feasible holiday day). Based between LGW and LHR. So far I've found: Out 28th Sep LGW-JER, JER-LGW, LHR-HEL, 30th Sep: LHR-HEL - earns 240TPs for £485. Additional bonus is friend in HEL so free accommodation, and the T3 lounges/HEL lounge are v. nice. Anyone able to come up with anything cheaper or more TP efficient? Really appreciate any suggestions, and let me know if I've inevitably missed out any obvious required details! Thanks, D
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Ajm1987
Hi all, I need 220TPs and would like to fly out evening of 27th or any time on the 28th September, back to work for Tuesday 1st October (Monday is only feasible holiday day). Based between LGW and LHR. So far I've found: Out 28th Sep LGW-JER, JER-LGW, LHR-HEL, 30th Sep: LHR-HEL - earns 240TPs for £485. Additional bonus is friend in HEL so free accommodation, and the T3 lounges/HEL lounge are v. nice. Anyone able to come up with anything cheaper or more TP efficient? Really appreciate any suggestions, and let me know if I've inevitably missed out any obvious required details! Thanks, D
At such short notice I believe you might be onto the best possible ratio. You're just above the 2£/TP mark. You could try SOF, OTP, the eastern Med, but I doubt you'd be able to make it much better, especially if you get free accommodation in HEL!
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium
Flights to Barbados...

Hi All, Thank you for this great thread! I have some knowledge of ita and google flights, but I'm really struggling with some flights to Barbados, for Christmas (!) and am hoping someone can help. Although I'm also aware that it might be that it's impossible to get a good fare on this one!

We are flexible - ish on dates as staying with friends, but hoping to go out around 17/18/19 Dec, return 3/4/5 Jan. Ideally in PE (or combination of PE and Economy if routing through USA).

We are based in London, but happy to start our journey anywhere in Europe, and no problem with mulitiple changes!

The best I can find so far is $1600 from LHR via Atlanta and Miami in PE on the intercontinental and then Econ, and a similar return on 6th jan. But this is a bit later than ideal... it's $2600 on the 4th!

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be so grateful!
Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:40 pm

Looking for a relatively cheap way to get to AKL 24 Jan +/- 2 days and back Feb 14 or 15th in J saw a nice price ex OSL with BA and CX yesterday £2500 but its vanished I've held a QR ex ARN at £2600 for 72 hrs I can't be too flexible as need to be there then. Am I better hanging out for better prices or is that as good as it gets these days? I'm happy to hang on til the last minute if that's wise
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by jh321
Hi All, Thank you for this great thread! I have some knowledge of ita and google flights, but I'm really struggling with some flights to Barbados, for Christmas (!) and am hoping someone can help. Although I'm also aware that it might be that it's impossible to get a good fare on this one!

We are flexible - ish on dates as staying with friends, but hoping to go out around 17/18/19 Dec, return 3/4/5 Jan. Ideally in PE (or combination of PE and Economy if routing through USA).

We are based in London, but happy to start our journey anywhere in Europe, and no problem with mulitiple changes!

The best I can find so far is $1600 from LHR via Atlanta and Miami in PE on the intercontinental and then Econ, and a similar return on 6th jan. But this is a bit later than ideal... it's $2600 on the 4th!

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be so grateful!

Have had a look and am struggling to find anything that is cheap coming back around your proposed dates. If you come back earlier, or later (as you found) there are some okay prices to be found. For example ex-INV via LHR and MIA returning on 1st Jan can get around US$1,300.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Alun
Looking for a relatively cheap way to get to AKL 24 Jan +/- 2 days and back Feb 14 or 15th in J saw a nice price ex OSL with BA and CX yesterday £2500 but its vanished I've held a QR ex ARN at £2600 for 72 hrs I can't be too flexible as need to be there then. Am I better hanging out for better prices or is that as good as it gets these days? I'm happy to hang on til the last minute if that's wise
If you are okay with a 20hr layover in Doha then you can get £2,056 for ARN-DOH-AKL.

Or with a nearly 10hr layover in DOH it can be CPH-DOH-AKL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.