Making your own Club Europe experience....

Old May 27, 2019, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Making your own Club Europe experience....

Morning all,

Quick question for you...

Let's say you were far back on one of the GAT Fleet that has the centre tables in the middle seat back the whole way back and had a whole row to your self.

Would you lower the middle table yourself, ask or just not bother.

Pondering the same on my flight waiting to pushback!

Last edited by Ryanfozzie; May 27, 2019 at 1:02 am
Old May 27, 2019, 1:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Wouldn’t even need to think about it. The seat is empty, then the table is fare game to be used once the seat belt signs come off.
Old May 27, 2019, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by madfish
Wouldn’t even need to think about it. The seat is empty, then the table is fare game to be used once the seat belt signs come off.
Well I tried this and was strongly told to stow it away!
Old May 27, 2019, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
Well I tried this and was strongly told to stow it away!
You may equally strongly tell the crew not to be a dog in manger!
Old May 27, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
it needs to be stowed for take off and landing, that's why you were told to stow if you are waiting to take off
Old May 27, 2019, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
it needs to be stowed for take off and landing, that's why you were told to stow if you are waiting to take off
​​​​​​Ah, I didn't realise. I thought the fold down table from the middle seat (the actual seat turning into the table) can stay down? It seems that it was in CE....
Old May 27, 2019, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
​​​​​​Ah, I didn't realise. I thought the fold down table from the middle seat (the actual seat turning into the table) can stay down? It seems that it was in CE....
I think people are getting confused with the normal tray table, which does need to be up for takeoff and landing.

The CE table (which you are referring to), which drops down from the seat back cushion on ex-BD aircraft, can of course be down for takeoff and landing.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Deleted
Old May 27, 2019, 6:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
That sounds like a former BMI aircraft in LGW. Yes in CE it's allowed to be kept down, but I can imagine during take off and landing they would ask it to be in its storage place. During the flight there shouldn't be a problem to have it used as a table.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:51 pm

I did this without asking on a Lufthansa flight once.
​​An hour or so later.....
PUT THE TABLE AWAY! ONLY BUSINESS CLASS!

Old May 27, 2019, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That sounds like a former BMI aircraft in LGW. Yes in CE it's allowed to be kept down, but I can imagine during take off and landing they would ask it to be in its storage place. During the flight there shouldn't be a problem to have it used as a table.
Why would it need to be stowed for takeoff and landing? That makes no sense given it’s down in CE.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Genius1

Why would it need to be stowed for takeoff and landing? That makes no sense given it’s down in CE.
I think it's more about procedures that have to be followed, for something like this it's best to stick to the checklist rather than arbitrarily putting everything via the logic machine and waiting for the answer to pop out.
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
I did this without asking on a Lufthansa flight once.
​​An hour or so later.....
PUT THE TABLE AWAY! ONLY BUSINESS CLASS!

verboten

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.