FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Left or Right First? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1971389-left-right-first.html)

Seachain May 26, 2019 3:14 pm

Left or Right First?

I've puzzled over this for ages.... for the last 30+segments between EDI-LON (various)-EDI the right hand side of rows 1-6 have been served first by the crew. Today we're on the right hand side for a change and looking forward to the earlier choices/service. guess what? nah.... left hand side first! it's a conspiracy!!!
is it really pot luck or am I giving off some "don't serve me first" vibes, that i'm unaware of? :) Asi es la vida.

pacenotes May 26, 2019 3:17 pm

Just like me, it's always the other side that I am on.

rickg523 May 26, 2019 3:23 pm

Every time I change lanes in traffic, the lane I was in speeds up and the faster lane I moved into stops dead! This, like always being in the row served last, no matter where you sit, or like your keys always being in the pocket on the side you're carrying the grocery bags in, are simply the unfortunate facts of life we all must live with. ;)

TCX69 May 26, 2019 3:54 pm

Deleted.

chris1922Mk2 May 26, 2019 4:01 pm

I always just assumed 1A got served first, so on the right from cabin crew perspective, left from a pax. At least, on the very limited occasion I've been sat in 1A, I was indeed first to be served.

fruitcage May 26, 2019 4:10 pm

Seems quite random- mostly about who catches the CC’s eye first. Look up and ready to talk- get served first. Look down or distracted or eyes closed- get served last.

joejet May 26, 2019 5:32 pm

oops posted in wrong place

so3003 May 28, 2019 5:41 pm

It's supposed to be 1A/C first then 1F/D and so on in CE, but from recent experience it's a bit variable. Not sure it makes a huge difference on short haul!

groenroos May 28, 2019 5:54 pm

On my recent CE flight, they seemed to be doing 1F/D then 1C/A, as well as row 9 in the reverse order simultaneously, and then working towards the middle from both ends. Sitting in the middle of CE in the left aisle 5D meant being served dead last. Conspiracy, I concur. At least the risotto was worth the wait.

Yeoman5 May 29, 2019 5:17 am

Originally Posted by pacenotes (Post 31140783)
Just like me, it's always the other side that I am on.

I believe this is one of the laws of physics, along with my queue always being slower than the other one.

Mixbury May 29, 2019 5:36 am

Originally Posted by rickg523 (Post 31140797)
Every time I change lanes in traffic, the lane I was in speeds up and the faster lane I moved into stops dead! This, like always being in the row served last, no matter where you sit, or like your keys always being in the pocket on the side you're carrying the grocery bags in, are simply the unfortunate facts of life we all must live with. ;)

One of these things is not like the others.

so3003 May 29, 2019 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Yeoman5 (Post 31148823)
I believe this is one of the laws of physics, along with my queue always being slower than the other one.

We once flew in F to SFO and - having literally been first off the aircraft - were shunted around so many queues at passport control by the staff that we ended up being literally last through!!

BAEC May 29, 2019 2:43 pm

I think its also to do with status. I have been served first while seated in 1F, before 1A has been served.

LTN Phobia May 29, 2019 10:08 pm

Rather than the "AC/DF first" issue, there are occasionally situations where they serve meals as a pair (one at the forward end of the trolley and another at the rear end of it) and when almost everyone in Row 1 was being DYKWIA and demanding this and that or just simply faffing around a lot and delaying the cabin crew member serving at the forward end of the trolley, the non-faffy row 3, 4 and 5 got served by the cabin crew member at the back of the trolley, and row 2 were left with just the leftovers after everyone else in the cabin was served.

There wasn't really a major hurry to serve everyone quickly as it was a 3+ hour flight, so I was a bit baffled by the decision to do this as a pair at the risk of leaving those seated more forward with fewer choice, because row 2 often have so-called status passengers with dislike of row 1 (or couldn't get row 1), so leaving them right to the end might have created a touch extra dissatisfaction, even though I guess faffy/fussy Row 1 to that extent couldn't perhaps be anticipated. To me, it doesn't seem like a good way to do it unless the flight time is short and they need to do it to get the service done.

Gastrocnemius May 30, 2019 4:17 am

Originally Posted by rickg523 (Post 31140797)
Every time I change lanes in traffic, the lane I was in speeds up and the faster lane I moved into stops dead! . ;)

That's because you aren't anticipating the movement as well as you could. Try looking 20-30 vehicles further ahead in each lane, and base your decisions on that.