Search

WTP pizza - gluten free alternative

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Amex UK Plat
WTP pizza - gluten free alternative

Hi All.

Long time lurker, first time poster. This is a query primarily for my other half who has a gluten intolerance.

We are travelling in WTP in September from LHR - MIA - MCO and I've read the somewhat mixed reviews of the second hot 'meal' - the pizza.

Does anybody know what is provided for people who have requested a gluten free meal? She would like to know (and depending upon what it is, I might go for a GF meal too if it's any better than the pizza).

Thanks in advance.

PLE
Old May 25, 2019, 7:26 am

I should have paid more attention to what it was. My son got it last week and just scoffed it down. There was no comment to me and normally he moans* if the GF stuff is in any way a bit crap.

*All flights with Etihad.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I am not sure there is an alternative provision, since the pizza is vegetarian, and that's the limit of where this goes. Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum, it's great to see you here, Papa.Lima.Echo, and I hope we will see more of you. One of the really good things about this forum is that somewhere almost every specific can be found, and as it happens xenole has thoughtfully photographed the ingredients to the pizza, and it can be found here (along with other menu information):

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

So to be honest at WTP level you should consider ordering the GF meal (likely to be unexciting), and / or bring a few GF options of your own along too.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Amex UK Plat
Thanks for the welcome and response. I think I may have confused things by trying to be succinct in the thread title.

In essense all I would like to know is what is the typical second hot 'meal' served to passengers who have requested a gluten free meal in WTP on a segment similar to LHR-MIA.

I've seen the thread about new WTP catering, but I didn't spot any of the gluten free second hot meals posted.

Many thanks
PLE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.