Search

Infant guesting

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Infant guesting

Question (genuinely for curiosity only)

Ticketed First - 2 adults and 1 infant (not own seat as too young), both adults Golds. The infant is ticketed First and wouldn't count as a guest themselves (as infants get in 'free' rather than counting in the adult's guesting quota) - but does the infant also have guesting rights? What about children, ie over 2 years with their own seat? (And what about infants who have own seat?!)

Curious although tbh unlikely to be guesting anyone on a family holiday trip!
Old May 25, 2019, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Infants do not count as guests but have no guesting rights either. Children older than 2 count as guests and have guesting rights too. It's basically symmetric.
Old May 25, 2019, 1:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Toddlers under 2 basically don't exist as far as lounge entry criteria are concerned. So bringing a toddler into the lounge doesn't count as a guest, nor can they guest. The exception would be if they had status, in which case they get their entitlement. I guess if you treated the toddler as if s/he was 3 years old, and therefore had a paid seat of their own, then they could guest if travelling First, but I suspect a lounge agent would find that too difficult to be plausible.
Old May 25, 2019, 8:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Before the new policy of 5 guests for GGL I asked at T3 about guesting in relation to a 2 year old. They couldn't say for definite if the rule was ’under two’ or ’two and under’ who would be admitted. I would say ’under two’ in line with infant tickets.

As for being able to guest, I am happy to let my two year old guest into CCR in August should I have anybody who needs guesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.