LAS - LGW BA2276 24th May 2019

Old May 24, 2019, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
LAS - LGW BA2276 24th May 2019

Having never done a live trip report before I thought I’d post a live report from G-YMMC on BA’s 2276 from Las Vegas to London Gatwick.

This is a refurbished 777 and I’m in 12J with the adjacent seat blocked. AUP from W to J was available but at $845 for the one remaining seat, 1F, I declined.

Boarding was was slightly delayed due in part to the arrival of the inbound aircraft being 1510 local and also the tardy arrival of the cleaners. Group boarding was enforced, at least for Group 1.

PDB in WT+ was limited to OJ or water. I find this really frustrating given that BA will offer sparkling wine ex London.

The IFE jacked during the safety briefing meaning it was restarted from the beginning. My screen would t show the briefing 2nd time around but true adjacent 12K was fine. Michael Caine is excellent.

The trolley was round PDQ after departure. I had the sparking wine (a double portion thanks to the generosity of the crew) plus double helpings of the “nibnibs”

i seem to be be the only one with the menu.

Decent view of Las Vegas on departure as well:

Last edited by Geordie405; May 24, 2019 at 8:03 pm
Old May 24, 2019, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

In terms of the food, it was ok. The chicken was lukewarm. There was no butter for the bread. The dessert was nice but the portion size was pitiful.

Last edited by Geordie405; May 24, 2019 at 8:30 pm
Old May 24, 2019, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Having some issues posting images....

That aside, went to use the washroom. The facilities by door three were occupied so went to the rear of the plane. Both port and starboard washrooms were blocked by trolleys while the staff gossiped in the aft galley. Moving the trolleys saw no reaction from the staff! Par for the course I suppose?
Old May 24, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Geordie405
Having some issues posting images....

That aside, went to use the washroom. The facilities by door three were occupied so went to the rear of the plane. Both port and starboard washrooms were blocked by trolleys while the staff gossiped in the aft galley. Moving the trolleys saw no reaction from the staff! Par for the course I suppose?
Untethered trolleys are a clear danger as they can shift easly during turbulence....even with the brakes on.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Quite so.

I’ve since been harangued twice to shut the window blinds and have told the CC that I’ll shut them in due course. It’s barely 8pm and given that I live in Las Vegas it’s barely dinner time let alone time for bed.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Hopefully now I’m back on terra firma I can get the remaining images to upload:

Old May 25, 2019, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Overall the flight wasn’t too bad. It’s been a long time since I have flown into LGW and definitely the first time on the densified 777.

Definitely more of a “bucket and spade” clientele on board.

Crew came round multiple times times during the night with waters and juice.

CSM was barely seen at all during the flight.

Immigration hall at LGW was almost empty with all the E-Gates in use. The crew announced the expanded eligibility criteria and also that landing cards were no longer required when entering the U.K.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.