Wiki Posts
Search

Tier points not posted

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Tier points not posted

On 16th I flew DUB CLT DFW ICT on AA metal but a BA ticket. The DUB CLT has credited but not the other 2 legs. Is this normal after a week or should I make a claim now for missing points?
Old May 24, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I'd give it another week to sort itself out.

I assume for the DUB-CLT flight you got the correct Avios and TPs?
Old May 24, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Gold, Starwoods Gold
I had exactly the same issue a couple of weeks ago. I ended up just entering the ticket number in the "claim missing avios" on ba.com and the TP and avios appeared immediately. Is handy the ticket number is also stored on the mobile boarding pass which i didnt realise but was super helpful rather than trying to find the paper boarding card.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Just filed the form on the website. I used the other airline form and gave the BA flight number. Hoping that was right. However, only managed to report one set of missing points as the online form didn’t recognise ICT or Wichita. Am I going to have to call?
Old May 25, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat
I would use the partner claim form, although it's A BA flight number, it's an AA flight. I've had the same with Iberia in the past.
Old May 25, 2019, 12:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Thanks. Just filed the form on the website. I used the other airline form and gave the BA flight number. Hoping that was right. However, only managed to report one set of missing points as the online form didn’t recognise ICT or Wichita. Am I going to have to call?
Yes, I think this is better on the telephone, I think there is a risk of webform ping-pong looking at these details.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Little update on this. I actually used the online form to claim the CLT to DFW leg and the Avios and TP appeared within 24 hours. I called (9 days ago) to ask for the points on the DFW to ICT leg and I was told the request would be processed.

Yesterday as they were not showing I called again. I would normally be more patience but tomorrow is the end of my TP collection year and without these 40 tier points I would be stuck on 1495. The operator said she can make me gold right away and will also chase up the points.

Sure enough, an hour later an email arrived saying I was gold (but still with 1495 points). I was even able to select 1A on a booked 747 flight. So my question now is, when my TP eventually post will these be a bonus start to my next collection year?
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
They will post to the year in which they were flown, I'm afraid!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:37 am

Curiously how is it that your TP collection year ends on 4th of the month? Don’t they all end on 8th always?
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by T8191
They will post to the year in which they were flown, I'm afraid!
That's the theory, but the first (and only) time I asked for a TP year extension the points earned during that period were credited to both years. Sometimes BA's flaky IT works in the passengers' favour.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Just an update. Still not TP or Avios. It’s not many (DFW to ICT in J) and I’m in a new TP year. But I should get them.

Called an hour ago and was told it would be passed to back office. What I was told 2 weeks ago. Was asked for my boarding pass - I don’t have it.

Those 40 TP might be useful for lifetime gold one day and those 1000 avios could be what I need to have enough to make a F redemption.

Over an our spent on hold and talking to agents in total. Would you just give up?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Have you tried reaching out to @BAMissingAvios on here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.