Search

OW routing(s) to Havana

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
OW routing(s) to Havana

Hey everyone,

first of all: sorry if this has been asked before and i didnt see the thread. also: Enjoy your weekend.

To the question:

are there any other routings to HAV exept the MAD-HAV routing? I know that you cant fly via the U.S. since this is forbidden except the 13 well known reasons. (and holiday isnt any of them).
Old May 24, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: BA GGL
Cancun (and I think Mexico City) are possible vectors, as long as you’re happy to connect on a separate ticket with a Mexican airline (Interjet are decent).
Old May 24, 2019, 5:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The other options, apart from Miami and Madrid, are via Lima on LATAM, and Helsinki on FInnair. I found that out via the oneworld website, which has a "where we fly" map. If oneworld is not a limitation (which you mentioned in the title) then actually there are quite a few options, there are flights from surrounding islands to Cuba.
Nephoi and nancypants like this.
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Go to oneowrld.com ... scroll down to "Where we fly" .... zoom in and click on Havana ....

Fiinair (HEL), American (MIA) and LAN (LIM) also fly there direct.
EDIT: C-W-S Beat me to it
Nephoi likes this.
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armouredant
Cancun (and I think Mexico City) are possible vectors, as long as you’re happy to connect on a separate ticket with a Mexican airline (Interjet are decent).
interesting option. But i'm looking mainly for an ex EU Routing on one OW ticket. but i keep that in mind.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:17 am
Original Poster

@BAEC, @corporate-wage-slave

thanks for the input. totally forgot about that page, sorry about that. i should have known it. and either i am too dumb/unable or itamatrix doesnt list those routings.
and i cant find it on finnair.com.

kinda mysterious.

or did i miss something?
Old May 24, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Assuming you’re based in Europe, I’m struggling to think of an option other than ex-MAD if you wish to use only OneWorld carriers - or certainly not as convenient. (OW apart, I believe VS fly to HAV twice weekly direct from LGW)

But If by chance you’re in the business of circuitous routings (?!) ...... I guess you could fly down to somewhere like LIM on BA ...... and from there to HAV with LATAM.

I used IB myself back in March to fly MAD-HAV-MAD, and found their J class service (A340) to be above expectations.

EDIT - I’m clearly late (and under-equipped !) to the party

Nephoi likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Nephoi
itamatrix doesnt list those routings.
From the same website it looks like Finnair only operates in January to March, when the Finns could do with a bit of sunshine.
Nephoi and alex67500 like this.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armouredant
Originally Posted by subject2load
Assuming you’re based in Europe, I’m struggling to think of an option other than ex-MAD if you wish to use only OneWorld carriers - or certainly not as convenient. (OW apart, I believe VS fly to HAV twice weekly direct from LGW)

But If by chance you’re in the business of circuitous routings (?!) ...... I guess you could fly down to somewhere like LIM on BA ...... and from there to HAV with LATAM.

I used IB myself back in March to fly MAD-HAV and found their J class service (A340) to be above expectations.

i want to go there early 2020 and i wanted to check for an alternative to TXL-LHR-MAD-HAV-MAD-LHR-TXL which is - at least for me - a little too expensive. (and TXL-MAD-HAV return is even more expensive than the long routing via LHR....)
Old May 24, 2019, 5:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
From the same website it looks like Finnair only operates in January to March, when the Finns could do with a bit of sunshine.
Finnair flies from 09/12 to 16/03 direct from Helsinki to Havanna BUT only on Mondays and Friday
Old May 24, 2019, 5:33 am
Suspended

This should be moved to the Oneworld forum :-)
Old May 24, 2019, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BAEC
This should be moved to the Oneworld forum :-)
since i dont know how this is done im kindly asking: you like to move it move it?
Old May 24, 2019, 5:43 am

Maybe the reason you can’t find the flights is down to spelling issues.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:49 am
Suspended

Hi @Nephoi ... click on the alert (red triangle) and ask mods to move it. (But i guess its ok here also :-)

PS ... TXL-MAD/HEL- HAV Return = 2*140 TP in J

TXL-LHR-MAD-HAV return = 2*(40+40+140) TP in J and its cheaper .....
Nephoi likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Plenty of cheap award availability on Iberia via Madrid if youre that way inclined and have a stash of avios. Low taxes and charges too.
Nephoi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.