Wiki Posts
Search

A quick question about lounge access

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
A quick question about lounge access

I am travelingTLV/ORD right now and find I have 2 friends on the same flights. They are in F TLV/LHR and in Club going onwards. They have a long layover. Does the inbound F allow them into the CCR at T5?
Old May 23, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Yes, I was in LHR on F to LHR an d CW to MUC. You just show your F BP and they will also scan the onward BP. Never had any issues. However if onward flight is not T5 you will not be able to go through security in T5.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Also is the long layover same day? If the ord flight is the day after the arrival from tlv then technically no though they could always ask.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
If the ORD flight is departing the same day as the flight from TLV is arriving. Yes.

​​​​
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Also is the long layover same day? If the ord flight is the day after the arrival from tlv then technically no though they could always ask.
There are two ORD flights in the S19 schedule. One around 10:00 and one around 16:30.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

There are two ORD flights in the S19 schedule. One around 10:00 and one around 16:30.
Indeed hence my wondering if the ‘long layover’ may mean tlv arrival day 1 and 10am flight to ord on day 2.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by DominicB
I am travelingTLV/ORD right now and find I have 2 friends on the same flights. They are in F TLV/LHR and in Club going onwards. They have a long layover. Does the inbound F allow them into the CCR at T5?
From this sentence, I have understood that the OP would travel on BA 166. Otherwise, why should he say right now. So his friends' layover is probably 6 hours.
But yes, if they are traveling the next day, with a 23h55min layover, they could only access the Galleries Club.
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
From this sentence, I have understood that the OP would travel on BA 166. Otherwise, why should he say right now. So his friends' layover is probably 6 hours.
But yes, if they are traveling the next day, with a 23h55min layover, they could only access the Galleries Club.
good point - I hadn't picked the "right now"! Incidentally, the friends can guest the OP into the CCR if he's flying on with them too as they are allowed guests regardless of status!
Old May 24, 2019, 12:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And for the OP, should you want to see the formal advice - including layover timings and worked examples - there is a detailed lounge clinic thread in the Forum Dashboard. But in essence same day is fine, overnight, well formally not but as the lounge thread mentions it sometimes is allowed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.