Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading with Avios for part of booking

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Upgrading with Avios for part of booking

I've tried searching to find any information about this.
If I have a booking for 4 people with a flight in premium economy and there is availability for 2 CW seats am I able to just upgrade 2 people on the booking with avios or do I have to wait until there are 4 seats available.

Thanks for your help
Old May 23, 2019, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
You'd need to split the booking, so that the two people to be upgraded are on one booking, and the other two are on a separate booking.

But this is a very simple and straightforward process, after which the upgrading should then be possible without further difficulty. I think it ought to be capable of being done all in the same call - you will need to call to do the split, so you might as well do the whole thing in one go.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Sorry I forgot to mention its on a BA holiday booking and I'm not sure if you can split a holiday booking.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
In that case, I'm sorry I don't know enough about Holidays bookings.
Old May 23, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Emirates, Etihad
A BA holidays booking can definitely be done too.... We did this on a 4 pax booking last year for similar reasons. Just end up on 2 PNR's.
Old May 23, 2019, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice and help.
Just tried this and can confirm they were able to split the holiday booking and apply it.
Thanks
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Lilcoop3k
Thanks for the advice and help.
Just tried this and can confirm they were able to split the holiday booking and apply it.
Thanks
What happends if I am BA Gold and book a trip for myself and some more people to for example SIN from LHR in the same booking. The other people are blue. If I later split the PNR and UUA myself only, will the other people loose the seat assignments and group 1 boarding privilegies?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelManBiz

What happends if I am BA Gold and book a trip for myself and some more people to for example SIN from LHR in the same booking. The other people are blue. If I later split the PNR and UUA myself only, will the other people loose the seat assignments and group 1 boarding privileges?
Having split a booking before (non holiday) and UUA, the people I was with did not lose there seat assignments but I can't remember if they had group 1 boarding or not
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Lilcoop3k
Having split a booking before (non holiday) and UUA, the people I was with did not lose there seat assignments but I can't remember if they had group 1 boarding or not
Thank you. I am actually considering booking through BA holidays. Anyone else has any experience here?

If I live in Norway, do I still get the 24h cooling period on BA holidays if booked on phone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.