Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fares help! £11K vs. £2400 ... OSL-LON-HKG-MEL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fares help! £11K vs. £2400 ... OSL-LON-HKG-MEL

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
ARN-LHR-HKG-MEL and return is around £2k with stopovers in HKG both ways. I've been keeping an eye on it ready to pounce when the Aus GP dates are confirmed.
Bookable on CX website and you can build in an overnight in LHR on the return if needed.

Spike
bisonrav and Thysk like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Funky Spike
ARN-LHR-HKG-MEL and return is around £2k with stopovers in HKG both ways. I've been keeping an eye on it ready to pounce when the Aus GP dates are confirmed......................

Spike
Thought it was already confirmed as weekend of 12-15 March ..... ?

My own priority in recent years has been the AO tennis championships .... also Melbourne, of course, but in January. Have previously used EK, QR, and MH (the latter only as far as ADL, then a QF sector fare on to MEL) but this ARN departure certainly seems an attractive deal.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
ARN-LHR-HKG-MEL and return is around £2k with stopovers in HKG both ways. I've been keeping an eye on it ready to pounce when the Aus GP dates are confirmed.
Bookable on CX website and you can build in an overnight in LHR on the return if needed.

Spike
This sounds fantastic but I'm getting £8K on the CX website and £3300ish on ITA Matrix (using a slightly simplistic approach of f LHR f HKG f routing codes). Is it a seasonal thing (I'm looking in Oct) or have I just got the wrong conditions set?

Meanwhile thanks to everyone for advice/course correction - I currently have the original itinerary above on hold with CX (by phone) for exactly the £2.4K price given on ITA. The ARN deal is more attractive price-wise (also because it would make a nice change of ex-EU start point from my last trip) so further advice very much appreciated; but at least I have the OSL itinerary as a backstop now...

Last edited by GCab; May 22, 2019 at 1:25 pm
Old May 22, 2019, 1:30 pm

These are for March dates.

Spike
Thysk likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

These are for March dates.

Spike
Thanks! That's weird though - it shows CX 710 both ways for LHR-ARN which can't be right, surely? And Google shows CX710 as a SIN-HKG flight!

Sorry, I know this has got into a very non-BA discussion now ...
Old May 22, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by GCab
Thanks! That's weird though - it shows CX 710 both ways for LHR-ARN which can't be right, surely? And Google shows CX710 as a SIN-HKG flight!

Sorry, I know this has got into a very non-BA discussion now ...
There is an extra digit on the LHR-ARN-LHR flights. CX7108 and CX7109 from memory.

Spike
Old May 22, 2019, 2:51 pm

On BA app, out via HKG back via SIN. 14th-21st Oct About £2.4k

Spike
Thysk likes this.

Last edited by Funky Spike; May 22, 2019 at 2:52 pm Reason: add dates
Old May 22, 2019, 6:52 pm

Some great fares thanks... May use the Stockholm fare to the Grand Prix too Spike!!

The Oslo fare can be booked on Cathay's website using the multi-city booking page, segments entered as screenshots below then ticking "lowest price only" box will display all the available options on that fare for NOK 27,195 (2452 GBP).

Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:22 am

Anyone who booked one of these fares and has been affected by the Coronavirus cancelations / reschedules, Cathay have had no problems dropping the first/last segment so now staring and finishing in London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.