Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

“Heathrow” Series 5 starts tonight (21 May)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Heathrow” Series 5 starts tonight (21 May)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Are you on commission?
I should be! But no, just trying to help people solve their problems when they haven't bothered to read the whole thread...

(But if anyone does want a referral, PM me - we can both get 30 days free...)
origin and wrp96 like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:22 am

I have NordVPN, and I’ll do some searching.
origin likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
I have NordVPN, and I’ll do some searching.
I use Nord VPN and am able to watch BBC, ITV and Channel 4 from Germany without issue.

I've installed the VPN app, along with BBC iPlayer and its commercial equivalents, onto an Amazon Firestick that is permanently plugged into the back of my TV. I can now watch British TV, both live and on catch-up. (If anyone has ever had to suffer German TV, you'll understand the lengths I'm prepared to go to...)
origin, RoyalSwazi, T8191 and 2 others like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Misco60
I use Nord VPN and am able to watch BBC, ITV and Channel 4 from Germany without issue.

I've installed the VPN app, along with BBC iPlayer and its commercial equivalents, onto an Amazon Firestick that is permanently plugged into the back of my TV. I can now watch British TV, both live and on catch-up. (If anyone has ever had to suffer German TV, you'll understand the lengths I'm prepared to go to...)
I sometimes, if not most have to suffer British TV... celebrity this...celebrity that...real who? The only way where? Which island? Apparently the people in these shows are celebrities! But having watched last nights LHR programme, Ian chatting to birds and Dave walking around lost, is as good if not on par with most of reality TV, infact I’d rather watch Ian on the aprons of LHR than any tanned Essex youngster who are border line able to string sentences together. :/

But I’m digressing.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Don’t forget there’s MORE excitement tonight ... ITV at 20:00, and on a VPN near you.

Inside the terminal seasoned pro Demi dishes out deals for delayed passengers, and outside on the airfield, airside Ian is on the runway as it goes into lockdown. S5 Ep2
Oooh, I can’t wait!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

A lot of people still don’t know about EU261 so you’ve got the once a year traveller moaning on one hand about rebooking yet jumping for joy with £1070 and a 4 hr delay into BKK with his Girlfriend I’d say they were going to have a pretty special holiday.

@ KeaneJohn - whilst I still believe that last night’s episode was a lot less interesting than it might have been, I will gladly acknowledge that you are right to highlight this specific aspect in response to my (cynical !) post.

Not too sure quite what to make of your Eurovision photo + accompanying comment
Old May 22, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: DL Plat
i watched the last 4 seasons on youtube in the states...hoping season 5 gets added soon
Old May 22, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, EU 261 ... the human face of aviation. And I’m quite sure that made that young couple VERY happy.

For 4 hours, that was a nice outcome. Our only 261 did NOT compensate for the loss of a pre-paid day’s AI hotel in Jamaica
Old May 22, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Inside the terminal seasoned pro Demi dishes out deals for delayed passengers, and outside on the airfield, airside Ian is on the runway as it goes into lockdown. S5 Ep2
I presume that putting the runway on "lockdown" solves the bird problem then? Why bother employing people to try and scare the birds away.....?

Inflated descriptions to make the ordinary sound exciting enough to sit through.
Old May 22, 2019, 8:35 am
Suspended

good to know thank You for info
Old May 22, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
I presume that putting the runway on "lockdown" solves the bird problem then? Why bother employing people to try and scare the birds away.....?

Inflated descriptions to make the ordinary sound exciting enough to sit through.
I think the "lockdown" is probably the drone sighting - that was mentioned in the trailer at the end of episode 1...

Would actually be interesting to see what they were doing about it. Less dramatic than LGW, but better than shouting at starlings...
Old May 22, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
Yes, EU 261 ... the human face of aviation. And I’m quite sure that made that young couple VERY happy.

For 4 hours, that was a nice outcome. Our only 261 did NOT compensate for the loss of a pre-paid day’s AI hotel in Jamaica
A quick check of the cost of flights in June for the saver rate, is £705 per person.

I am sure there are cheaper versions as well, I did a very quick search.

Not so sure Eu 261 helps everyone, but a 4 hour wait realistically easy to do.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Not so sure Eu 261 helps everyone, but a 4 hour wait realistically easy to do.
Easy ... yeah, we had 5h connections both ways doing JER-LGW-MLA last month!! But glad the young ones picked up some significant spending money for their inconvenience.
origin likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
If they did really just pop on over to Travelex to pick it up as well, it helps calm things down if they have the cash immediately.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Here we go ... Round 2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.