FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA273/272 LHR-SAN Nov 2019 T5 to T3 and Hi-J to mid-J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1970659-ba273-272-lhr-san-nov-2019-t5-t3-hi-j-mid-j.html)

Raffles May 21, 2019 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Steviemac (Post 31123700)
Got the same email today for flights in January to SAN. Bit irritated as had planned a trip to CCR on the outbound after the domestic down from GLA. If we stay airside can we get into the CCR then transfer to T3 a bit later - sneaking suspicion we can’t as per some old threads on the forum. Any recent experiences in the group ?

In all seriousness, what you think the CCR offers which is not done vastly better by the Cathay F lounge and potentially Cathay and Qantas J lounges in T3? The Amex Centurion lounge should also be of similar quality.

The _Banking_Scot May 21, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi,

With the Amex centurion lounge in LHR T3 opening later this year Amex card holders and OWE holders will be spoilt for choice!

Regards

TBS

Steviemac May 21, 2019 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 31124395)

In all seriousness, what you think the CCR offers which is not done vastly better by the Cathay F lounge and potentially Cathay and Qantas J lounges in T3? The Amex Centurion lounge should also be of similar quality.

You’re right of course. Just that this trip will be my better half’s first 1st .....happily she loves the Qantas gin selection in T3 !

maisiedormouse May 21, 2019 3:01 pm

I like the sound of trying out the various J lounges and I have a BA Amex. It will be worth the bus ride.
Pity no chance of WiFi on the flight unless plane changes again

SF1K May 21, 2019 6:35 pm

How does one know this early what Terminal a particular flight will use come November?

We have SAN-LHR-ZRH booked in December. Also got a schedule change notification. But how do I know which terminal we’ll arrive into from SAN and which one we’ll leave from for ZRH?

PETER01 May 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by SF1K (Post 31125602)
How does one know this early what Terminal a particular flight will use come November?

We have SAN-LHR-ZRH booked in December. Also got a schedule change notification. But how do I know which terminal we’ll arrive into from SAN and which one we’ll leave from for ZRH?

If your arriving from SAN into LHR in December you'll be arriving in Terminal 3 and your Zurich flight will be from Terminal 5. More information in the BA Forum Dashboard re how to connect but here is the link.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ng-lhr-t5.html

For any flight information re which terminal if you log in and go to Manage My Booking for your flights you should see "More Flight Information"

If you click on that you'll see a box with this
Flight:

BA0172
Non smoking

Operated by:British Airways
Departing from:John F Kennedy (NY) (New York) Terminal 7 Sun XXXXXXXXX 2019, 21:00
Arriving at:Heathrow (London) Terminal 5 XXXXXXX 2019, 09:05
Number of stops:0
Flying duration:7hrs 5mins
Aircraft type:Boeing 747 jet
Selling class:

O

Pete

waytogo May 22, 2019 2:20 am

Originally Posted by maisiedormouse (Post 31124992)
I like the sound of trying out the various J lounges and I have a BA Amex. It will be worth the bus ride.
Pity no chance of WiFi on the flight unless plane changes again

Arn't the mid J aircraft getting the refresh getting WIFI as well?

Airprox May 22, 2019 2:32 am

Originally Posted by waytogo (Post 31126536)
Arn't the mid J aircraft getting the refresh getting WIFI as well?

Nope, no WiFi for the Mid-Js.

PxC May 22, 2019 2:40 am

Why all the desire for Vegas to T5? Leave my CX lounge visit alone please!

waytogo May 22, 2019 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Airprox (Post 31126547)
Nope, no WiFi for the Mid-Js.

Thanks, didn't realise that. Assume that's because they are the ones leaving the fleet soonest? How long will they still be in operation for?

maisiedormouse May 22, 2019 3:29 am

Originally Posted by SF1K (Post 31125602)

the terminals were under the flight times on my email

Donsyb May 22, 2019 11:03 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 31122644)
VEGAS TO T5 pleeeeease. Will be so much easier when arriving from AMS or INV ;)

But the lounges are so much better at T3 (Cathay and Qantas). I was quite pleased to find our Nov Vegas flight goes out of T3 - a nice lunch at Cathay followed by cocktails at Qantas :-)

Reetmafreen Jun 1, 2019 4:57 pm

Just stumbled across this thread after reading the SAN news in the Mid-J refresh thread. That’s what happens when I head off to a conference for work for a week and then immediately after go on a mileage run to Hong Kong for the holiday weekend and I get behind with FT! :(

Now to to dig out the best T3 lounge thread again and this time pay attention to the notes on the CX F lounge as I would usually be restricted to the J lounges through OWS.

I also need to figure out where the BA F check-in desk is located at T3.