Lounge access with family

Old May 22, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriot Bonvoy
I have the same quandary on Friday at LGW - one four year old and a one year old (along with the wife of course).
Old May 22, 2019, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by marble35
I have the same quandary on Friday at LGW - one four year old and a one year old (along with the wife of course).
Will be interested to see how you get on......

Frankly tbh the way flights with our oldest have gone in the past, even before no. 2 arrived, he's at times been such a jinx on our previously usually smooth arrangements that we've been lucky to make the flights at all, never mind grabbing a quick bite and vino in the lounge, so it might all be totally moot for us.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
One of the nice things about LGW is there's a soft play area just outside the lounge entrance, so it is possible to take turns with the other child there. Even with lounge access (he has silver now) that's often preferable.
Pascoe likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:49 pm

Just leave the new-born in the care of the toddler just outside the lounge; simples. You can keep a watchful eye on them as you eat and drink your fill.

PS. There may be unforeseen consequences of following this advice!
Pascoe, RockyRobin and EDIwanderer like this.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriot Bonvoy
No problem in getting them all into GF at LGW. To be honest though, we left and went next door to the club lounge as so much more spacious. Recommend the mezzanine bit.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I've transited LHR solo and visited the F lounge four times in the past month and vaguely recall seeing more than a few families of four. It's of course possible they're all eligible (Gold/Emerald or long-haul F), but curious if anyone on the BA forum has heard about one-off relaxing of the one guest policy during the pandemic? I'm traveling with my immediate family (2x oneworld Sapphire, 1x no status, and me as oneworld Emerald) and would love to be able to bring them with me.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 5:56 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by potus18
I've transited LHR solo and visited the F lounge four times in the past month and vaguely recall seeing more than a few families of four. It's of course possible they're all eligible (Gold/Emerald or long-haul F), but curious if anyone on the BA forum has heard about one-off relaxing of the one guest policy during the pandemic? I'm traveling with my immediate family (2x oneworld Sapphire, 1x no status, and me as oneworld Emerald) and would love to be able to bring them with me.
I seem to remember being in a similar quandry a few years back, but somehow my thread asking for advice ended up with more double entendres in it than a Carry On film. I blame the regulars on here, nothing to do with me

Anyway, I have the opposite problem, finally enough status between us to all get in the lounge, and yet every attempt at a holiday this year has been thwarted...
potus18 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Pascoe
It is, in fact, an ex LGW flight. I'll try my luck ;-)
Is the BA lounge(s) even open in LGW - if so happy days. I had all my LGW-FAO flights cancelled and changed to LHR-FAO... but if the lounge is open hopefully more LGW flights will be running soon!

Let us know how you get on, but as others have said there is little harm in asking nicely and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised, if you plan on the answer being a polite NO then you wont be disappointed if that's the result you get.
Good luck!
Old Aug 9, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by potus18

You can check in at The First Wing (if its open) and ask if its possible but Ive seen pretty much 100% no Im afraid. You can of course all go to the Club Lounge which isnt that bad. Also depending on the time of day, the Club Lounge closes late afternoon/early evening and passengers are invited to go to Galleries First.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Recently checking in for a family holiday (5 of us in total) to Spain, in the F check in zone. We were all flying Club Europe.

The check in agent even reminded me before I even finished checking in that lounge access through the F Wing wasnt possible.

Basically I dont even think its worth trying these days.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 5:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
On 7 August when I was flying from T5, there were families asking if they could all use the First Wing at the entrance to the F Wing. All of them were ever so politely told it was not possible.
krispy84 and potus18 like this.
Old May 24, 2023, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver
I am brining up an old thread, but my situation has got me thinking more about this. I am Silver and my partner is Gold and we have three kids. The youngest is about to turn two. So I know the rules, this is one guest too many once the little one turns two. We fly to the US a lot due to family being based their and we are happy to pay for CW. The issue we have is that with a two year old I do not think we can travel CW as certainly would not feel comfortable with a two year old in a CS (as covered in many threads). therefore it will be WTP for the next few years. Not expecting any sympathy, but just noting that due to having three kids we cannot get the benefit of status and I cannot pay for the benefit as I do not think the product is suitable. First world problem I know and I suspect only an issue for a couple of years but a part of me does think discretion could be applied in this situation but I am not the type to ask at the entrance.
Old May 24, 2023, 7:45 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by dgreen678
I am brining up an old thread, but my situation has got me thinking more about this. I am Silver and my partner is Gold and we have three kids. The youngest is about to turn two. So I know the rules, this is one guest too many once the little one turns two. We fly to the US a lot due to family being based their and we are happy to pay for CW. The issue we have is that with a two year old I do not think we can travel CW as certainly would not feel comfortable with a two year old in a CS (as covered in many threads). therefore it will be WTP for the next few years. Not expecting any sympathy, but just noting that due to having three kids we cannot get the benefit of status and I cannot pay for the benefit as I do not think the product is suitable. First world problem I know and I suspect only an issue for a couple of years but a part of me does think discretion could be applied in this situation but I am not the type to ask at the entrance.
you might get in at galleries club with a just turned 2 year old if you ask politely and tge lounge is quiet but it's a lottery for sure.

There are options for bringing in a larger family but only unfortunately if you or your partner have GGL status which requires a lot more flying
dgreen678 likes this.
Old May 24, 2023, 8:01 am

I can't say for British Airways, but I know that the Centurion Lounges (for Amex black card and certain platinum card holders) allow children under 2 in free of charge and do not count them against your "person" total. I would not be surprised if British Airways did not have a similar rule. You might try calling the telephone line for BA gold members and asking.
Old May 24, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
Originally Posted by dgreen678
What you say is obviously correct but just a few points:

1. There are still old CW seats on all of the A380s which are unlikely to be subject to airframe substitution so if that can work for you then you can also get the benefit of the nice contained area created by the 2 middle seats on the lower deck.

2. There most likely wouldn't be a specific problem with you and your partner guesting the 2 children into a GC lounge (1 each) and then (assuming they aren't able to let the 2 year old in) 1 of you staying outside with the 3rd child who perhaps wants to do something else in the terminal. My children would like nothing better than to be "left alone to do whatever we want to do on our own because you are both embarrassing idiots".... but that is clearly slightly age-dependent...!

3. If you are in T3 at LHR then the QF lounge has a little-discussed, discretionary rule which allows complimentary access for any children up to the age of 3 and then up to 2 guest children each up to the age of 17. So that would cover your family fully. Explained here under "Qantas Owned and Operated Lounge". The QF door staff are absolutely lovely. You could book on AA and use MCE instead of WTP.
BA or bust and dgreen678 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.