Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advertisement Cards on meal tray in J now?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Almost as tacky as all of the advertising for Sky's 'Riviera' TV show in the F lounge at LHR.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by fruitcage
I would have thought that the door on the new Club World Suite would be a nice large blank space that is otherwise wasted, and it’s only a matter of time before someone spots the opportunity...
I can see the scene in Waterworld this morning:

"Señor Cruz you're not going to like this but there's been a leak. The masterplan for the suites has appeared on the internet. They also know about the cabin crew naked calendar and the scratch cards."
nancypants likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:32 am

Um just had a good idea where to distribute my business cards! On second thoughts you lot would want too much of a discount! 🤔
Old May 21, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I think it is good of BA to provide cards which can be folded to keep their dodgy IFE screens in place.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I’ve never, ever, seen such cards on BA or AA.

Tacky, waste-generating, money-grubbing, irrelevant garbage ... just one step away from scratch cards.

If I get one I shall present it to the CSD and ask him to write an adverse customer comment on his iPad.
Jimmie76, lukew, Bullswood and 1 others like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I had one of those on a flight last week as well and was thinking 'oh dear'.

Be very interested to see the economics of this - i.e. how little / much BA makes out of this to risk damaging their 'premium brand'.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Didn't Alaska have blessing/prayer cards on the first class meal trays a few years ago ( or do they still have them)?

These cards on a dinner tray are a little tacky. ( I can put up with the initial adverts on the IFE and any leaflets in the amenity kit)

Regards

TBS
Old May 21, 2019, 6:41 am
Suspended

Haven’t they thought of food with adverts?
Chicken breast branded with an ad.
Ad in the ice cubes.
Cake with an ad in the icing.
Ad in the bottom of a whisky glass.
Cheese biscuits with ads on them.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by Agent69
Do you have the name of the hotel?
I cannot remember the name as it was a few years ago. The hotel was selected by a Chinese-American tour group. However, a few articles have been written about this issue, I can only find a few as I am at work:

https://thoughtcatalog.com/tom-taylo...what-happened/

It is usually found among the non-international hotels in China.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by richardwft
Haven’t they thought of food with adverts?
Chicken breast branded with an ad.
Ad in the ice cubes.
Cake with an ad in the icing.
Ad in the bottom of a whisky glass.
Cheese biscuits with ads on them.
Well Do & Co do have a branded chocolate disc on some desserts!

I really don't get why some people are getting so worked up about a small card and threatening to make a mess of the cabin , complain to the CSM and in one case use a pen to damage the seat. Hardly the behaviour of supposedly responsible adults.
icegirl and nancypants like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Well Do & Co do have a branded chocolate disc on some desserts!

I really don't get why some people are getting so worked up about a small card and threatening to make a mess of the cabin , complain to the CSM and in one case use a pen to damage the seat. Hardly the behaviour of supposedly responsible adults.
It's fair enough for Do & Co to to add a chocolate disc as it's their food. I'm not threatening to do anything but it does smack a bit of Ryanair. If I wouldn't expect it in a good restaurant why would I expect it on whilst eating a meal in Club World on BA? I'm going out for dinner this evening and will look to see if they add something like this to the table whilst we're eating. I have a sneaky suspicion they won't though.
lukew, T8191 and nancypants like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
No you didn't but other people have.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Or the adverts in High Life, TV screens in airports, at the bottom of Boarding Passes, the various beer promotions in Flounge, the visit Barbados adverts on the IFE.

I'm slightly mystified by this thread, these cards and assorted similar promotions have been going on for at least 10 years to my certain recollection. Not every flight, not this same card but (e.g.) the sim card version went out for much of the first decade of this century.
I wouldn't compare it to High Life since that's a publication. But to share some perspective, this (and the far worse AA credit card advert) just reeks of LCC operations, and some of us are dismayed when the legacy carriers stoop to those levels because it removes yet another differentiating factor. I for one am tired of airlines saying "Look, we can be bad and cheap too" instead of "Look, we're better than XXX and that's worth 15 quid."
Jimmie76, lukew and nancypants like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Didn't Alaska have blessing/prayer cards on the first class meal trays a few years ago ( or do they still have them)?

These cards on a dinner tray are a little tacky. ( I can put up with the initial adverts on the IFE and any leaflets in the amenity kit)

Regards

TBS
They used to have them in Y. The also used to have the meals wrapped, and each with a bottle of Almaden plonk. I thought it was a nice touch back when I was a dirt poor grad student.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
It's piece of card for goodness sake. just hide it under your plate so you can't see it.

I'd rather a card advertisement then the seemingly constant announcements on AA about signing up for their credit card.
Well said!! I wonder if people have an issue with the Comic Relief envelopes BA places in every seat equally as bad?

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
It's fair enough for Do & Co to to add a chocolate disc as it's their food. I'm not threatening to do anything but it does smack a bit of Ryanair. If I wouldn't expect it in a good restaurant why would I expect it on whilst eating a meal in Club World on BA? I'm going out for dinner this evening and will look to see if they add something like this to the table whilst we're eating. I have a sneaky suspicion they won't though.
Some restaurants (even top end ones) will litter their menus from time to time with where they sourced ingredients which even can include the names of their suppliers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.