Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

QR to BA at FRA, transfer and ticketing question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA

I need some advice for transferring at FRA.

I am booked QR 67 DOH - FRA, arriving 13:40
Then on a separate PNR, BA 911 FRA - LHR departing 18:40

I will have hand baggage only.

If I have time, is there a ticketing desk where I could bring my BA flight forward to BA 909 departing 17:25?
Or if I am very lucky and QR67 arrives early what would the collective view be here on MCT at FRA including ticket change that would enable me to get BA 905 departing at 15:25 or am I dreaming?

Expert flyer is showing plenty of availability on both flights.

Thanks

G50
Old May 20, 2019, 10:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
If you have a plus ticket you can switch to an earlier flight subject to availability and as long as you are one hour from the new departure time.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I've had varying success recently at outstations getting a non changeable ticket changed to an earlier flight. Worked at AGP in March and GLA in April
Old May 20, 2019, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It's not always a question of availability but of the fare rules applicable to your ticket and whether same day changes are allowed (and at what cost)

On separate tickets MCT is irrelevant.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
There is a BA ticketing desk at FRA T2. And I have changed flights at check-in desks before.

You do, however, have to consider that your QR flight will come into T1 and you will need to change terminals to get the BA flight (also the Skytrain is not working atm). This will eat into your transfer time.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
If you have a plus ticket, don’t check in for you ur flight and then you can change you ur flight yourself on MMB and generate a new boarding card. If you don’t have a plus ticket then expect change fees and fare differences. The FRA outsourced team are quite strict.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.