Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Available seat on 747 Upper Deck but I can't book it.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Available seat on 747 Upper Deck but I can't book it.

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 2:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
Is theoretical seating really such a blunt instrument - in that it would leave 64A blocked and send a late booking in fully paid J to, say, a lower deck middle seat as a result? I appreciate the desire to help very frequent fliers have a comfortable flight but leaving (probably) the best seat in the cabin empty does seem slightly mad...
I also agree that it would be very rare for 64A or 64K to be unoccupied. However 64A is blocked for another reason which is bassinet related, so no one can get it until T-72 or more usually T-48 unless we have an infant on the booking. At that point people can ring up, and yes if there is someone in 64B who has status, only equal or higher status holders would get 64A. The important caveat is "provided the flight is not full", in which case the block would go.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I also agree that it would be very rare for 64A or 64K to be unoccupied. However 64A is blocked for another reason which is bassinet related, so no one can get it until T-72 or more usually T-48 unless we have an infant on the booking. At that point people can ring up, and yes if there is someone in 64B who has status, only equal or higher status holders would get 64A. The important caveat is "provided the flight is not full", in which case the block would go.
I would assume that, for the flight that I've just checked in for, I was unable to select 64A because there is someone with a CW booking that has an infant?
Old May 28, 2019, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by JimEddie
I would assume that, for the flight that I've just checked in for, I was unable to select 64A because there is someone with a CW booking that has an infant?
Does EF say it's occupied or blocked?
Old May 28, 2019, 4:39 am

Or someone else snagged it first? There's a window just before OLCI where it's possible to get unoccupied bassinet seats.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Or someone else snagged it first? There's a window just before OLCI where it's possible to get unoccupied bassinet seats.
As a Gold,it should not be Theoretical Seating that would be stopping you from getting that seat. In addition to the possibility that they passenger has a child, or rang up before OLCI, or the seat is defective, the other possibility is that they have a connection from somewhere else, and therefore OLCI opens for them before you.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:01 am

In this case, EF shows 64A as available, as does OLCI. But when you go to select it the message comes up to say that as I haven't got an infant in my booking I can't select it.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
In this case, EF shows 64A as available, as does OLCI. But when you go to select it the message comes up to say that as I haven't got an infant in my booking I can't select it.
Airport should allocate it to you, as long as no one else snatches it before you
Old May 29, 2019, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Airport should allocate it to you, as long as no one else snatches it before you
indeed they could, which means no one else was able to get it at OLCI and/or thought about asking at the airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.