FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   In First - Meal given to another passenger (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1970371-first-meal-given-another-passenger.html)

HMPS May 19, 2019 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by London21 (Post 31116907)

noting the wrong seat number down proves my point I think. Not rocket science.

OP, I always have a special AVML meal. I have been a "victim" of such a mistake once. Crew was inconvenienced when I requested them to put together something with cheese , fruits , nuts....
Ever since then as we all settle down I get hold of the CCmember serving "my side" and remind her/him of my AVML. Has worked every time since then. Most travels in J, occasional F.

Bullswood May 19, 2019 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 31118248)
Ask for another flight in F and for reimbursement of the flight as you did not get the meal which is a big part of the flight let alone your pre ordered meal was given to someone else.

With suggestions like that it's no wonder customer relations departments become hard-nosed. A human made a mistake, as we all do (except perhaps for this poster: "Gee whiz I would make for a better Flight Attendant or Cabin Service Manager "), and I think the OP's account & follow up comments have been very reasonable in the circumstances.

BarneyMcGrew May 20, 2019 12:02 am

I was expecting some wag to post that they recently had a most enjoyable flight from LHR to Miami in First Class, with a fantastic crew.

The flight was only marginally spoilt by another First-Class passenger moaning about his seat not working correctly and complaining about food.

The new First-Class catering offer is much improved. In particular, instead of the small second meal of a couple of finger sandwiches and two micro scones, they now serve a second full meal at around the six-hour point.

You don’t even have to pre-order this, it just appears. The pork was delicious.

The complainer was last seen making a dash for MacDonald’s! I simply cannot understand how anyone can prefer Maccy D’s fare to the delicious meals served on board.

Yours etc

IAMORGAN May 20, 2019 12:55 am

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 31118308)
Even a first grader could read a name and know its not for anyone else like an invitation to a party! If I got Suzy's invitation I would not open it and give it to Suzy even if I was not invited to the part.y. Your name is clearly posted on the front of the Meal with your Seat # and PNR#. The Manifest would show your pre-ordered meal so this is a second confirmation. Hence this is the reason that you must order your meal no later than 24 hours or so before your flight. Gee whiz I would make for a better Flight Attendant or Cabin Service Manager as I would greet everyone in the cabin with the Meal Order manifest and ensure that everyone got their Special Meal or Pre Ordered meal. I think this job should be left up to the Cabin Service Manager and not just some random flight attendant who can't decipher 2K from 3K. I know even the best people make mistakes but this one was so avoidable.

All the Flight attendant had to say is this Mr Jenkins and did you pre-order the meal? If he said no then they would move on and give it to the right person.

Normally when you board (I have pre ordered a Meal) I was greeted by my name and the Pursuer said"I see that you have pre-ordered a meal would you like to be served now or later"? I asked for it in an hour and it was ready on the nose!

The crew did know 2K had ordered the pork, the point is that the customer asked to defer that meal to a later point in the flight. So verifying the meals as you would have done (and the crew on the day no doubt did) at the start of the flight wouldn’t have achieved anything. Also keep in mind one or more of the F cabin crew may well have been on a rest period at the 6 hour point so it may have been left to a CC member who didn’t serve the customer originally to prepare / serve the meal. In terms of morale, how would you as, say, a World Class grade MF crew member or a CSL feel if the CSM or CSD said “I got this leave it to me”? Sounds like a micro management approach where a manager has the initial conversation with customer, promises x/y/z and leaves it to team to deliver, which can cause its own issues. The CSM/D can’t individually check & serve all of the special meals on an A380!

I am still chuckling at the thought of passenger 3K sat there half way through a film or something and crew arrives with tablecloth “I’m here to set your table Mr 2K.” “Umm...ok”!

MFCC May 20, 2019 2:02 am

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 31118308)
Even a first grader could read a name and know its not for anyone else like an invitation to a party! If I got Suzy's invitation I would not open it and give it to Suzy even if I was not invited to the part.y. Your name is clearly posted on the front of the Meal with your Seat # and PNR#. The Manifest would show your pre-ordered meal so this is a second confirmation. Hence this is the reason that you must order your meal no later than 24 hours or so before your flight. Gee whiz I would make for a better Flight Attendant or Cabin Service Manager as I would greet everyone in the cabin with the Meal Order manifest and ensure that everyone got their Special Meal or Pre Ordered meal. I think this job should be left up to the Cabin Service Manager and not just some random flight attendant who can't decipher 2K from 3K. I know even the best people make mistakes but this one was so avoidable.

All the Flight attendant had to say is this Mr Jenkins and did you pre-order the meal? If he said no then they would move on and give it to the right person.

Normally when you board (I have pre ordered a Meal) I was greeted by my name and the Pursuer said"I see that you have pre-ordered a meal would you like to be served now or later"? I asked for it in an hour and it was ready on the nose!

I guess I’ll see you on your new entrant course in a couple of months then.

cosmo74 May 20, 2019 2:52 am

I would certainly put in a written complaint and ask for more compensation - I got 10,000 avios for complaining about the poor quality of the catering on an F flight from CPT - but at least I got some food, so you should certainly be expecting more than that, especially given your lack of lounge provision in the US.

Dambus May 20, 2019 3:23 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN (Post 31118682)
I am still chuckling at the thought of passenger 3K sat there half way through a film or something and crew arrives with tablecloth “I’m here to set your table Mr 2K.” “Umm...ok”!

Wonder what the film was?

“Yes, I *am* Mr Tripplehorn”

:)

JAXBA May 20, 2019 4:03 am

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 31118252)
Ask for another flight in F and for reimbursement of the flight as you did not get the meal which is a big part of the flight...

Does the business you work for give compensation for twice the value of the service paid, plus allow the the customer to keep the service if 5-15% of the service was faulty but the remainder (and majority) was functional/useful?

Compensation is due, of course. But 2.85 pieces of cake for the price of none? No.

South London Bon Viveur May 20, 2019 5:53 am

The mistake was a relatively minor one, albeit one that had an impact on the OP's enjoyment of the flight. At the point the mistake is discovered it seems to me that the situation should be relatively easy to salvage, but it does not sound to me as though the crew handled the next bit very well. It's not clear what alternatives were offered, although clearly they did make some effort to accommodate the OP, but due to allergy the alternative was not feasible. The OP might need to expand on that in more detail. I would have have expected them to make every effort to cobble together something, including looking at CW meals etc., offering dessert, cheese etc. To be fair, most BA crews I've come across seem pretty good at such improvisation.

What's definitely not good is telling the other passenger. Very poor and unprofessional.

And of course the state of the cabin adds to the poor impression.

It just seems to me that this could have been de-escalated to the point of very much being a non-story, but instead the OP is left feeling very disappointed, which is a shame. Complaints about BA F are quite frequent. I think the main problem is not that is is a terrible product, but simply that too often the expectations are greater than what BA seemingly is able to or willing to deliver.

origin May 20, 2019 5:54 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31117061)
What does anything here have to do with some older disgruntled lady? Are you suggesting that a young man would be happy to have his specially ordered meal given to another passenger?

I was quoting or at least supposed to be quoting a comment by Hiddy.

The older lady comment, is in reference to the first flights which was full of older wealthy people without credit cards. So no doubt without the stress of Lloyds bank but with lots of money in their accounts.

I wasnt around when the first flights were in action, from the pics I have seen its mostly older people. I suspect not just the cost, but the lack of credit. Again Lloyds bank..

I believe, I have only just come on and read the last few comment. I recall the comment was about people causing a fuss I felt that ladies who lunch certainly make sure, through comments, that they arent happy.

I know all too well, the price all too well of flying the privilege of BA first to the East coast of the US, well my bank does.

I wasnt saying that anyone shoudnt be disgruntled, even further by air plane food. As much as its easy to do so. That wasnt, the aim of the comment. In some ways the thread was a past event which no one will ever change the events that unfolded.

I do tend just to go for the cheese and biscuits. But each to their own, on a flight.

Jimmie76 May 20, 2019 6:29 am

Originally Posted by London21 (Post 31116823)
Doesn’t surprise me.

Generally the ability of BA crew is terrible. Mix the usually laziness they display with lack of ability and this is what you get.

in this case it’s a issue of laziness not to check the order and then the lack of IQ to fix it

That's generalising across a vast number of people and very unfair as a result. I've had excellent crew in F through to Y and the odd less than stellar flight.

Jimmie76 May 20, 2019 6:37 am

Originally Posted by HMPS (Post 31118333)
OP, I always have a special AVML meal. I have been a "victim" of such a mistake once. Crew was inconvenienced when I requested them to put together something with cheese , fruits , nuts....
Ever since then as we all settle down I get hold of the CCmember serving "my side" and remind her/him of my AVML. Has worked every time since then. Most travels in J, occasional F.

I order a VLML and there's only been once when it wasn't loaded. Crew found something from another cabin and I didn't go hungry. If the OP had booked a VLML then it might have helped solve the problem. The main course in F for a VLML always was the same as you get in CW :mad:

GodAtum May 20, 2019 7:12 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN (Post 31116758)
The older you get the more you grow to realise that you have never seen it all and new surprises happen every day. I wonder what the passenger in 3K who presumably hadn’t asked for any food thought when presented with the OP’s food mid-Atlantic! I can see how some people would just go with it rather than make a fuss but it does seem strange.

OP - will you write in? This is one of those situations where, once the meal has been eaten, if there isn’t a spare, it is very difficult to fix. You also mention seat power issues and seat issues.

I think you need to decide whether you want to pursue it further (and if you do, what you would like to achieve). 6,500 Avios for no main meal in international first class (and the service cock up that led to it - yes mistakes happen but it should be put right) feels low to me, so I’d be tempted to write a concise letter to BA and see what they say. I suspect they will politely tell you they’re sorry to hear that you didn’t receive your first choice of meal and they understand how disappointing this must have been but having reviewed the case thoroughly they are unable to offer you anything more, but if you don’t ask you don’t get*.

*except in the case of Mr/s 3K who didn’t ask for pork 6 hours into the flight but got it anyway.

it is more concerning that that. The OP was allergic to all the other choices, so he had no meal regardless of choice left.

choosethedrew May 20, 2019 7:16 am

Was 3Ks table set when the pork was presented? It would have been a red flag if not?

HMPS May 20, 2019 7:29 am

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur (Post 31119160)
The mistake was a relatively minor one, albeit one that had an impact on the OP's enjoyment of the flight. At the point the mistake is discovered it seems to me that the situation should be relatively easy to salvage, but it does not sound to me as though the crew handled the next bit very well. It's not clear what alternatives were offered, although clearly they did make some effort to accommodate the OP, but due to allergy the alternative was not feasible. The OP might need to expand on that in more detail. I would have have expected them to make every effort to cobble together something, including looking at CW meals etc., offering dessert, cheese etc. To be fair, most BA crews I've come across seem pretty good at such improvisation.

What's definitely not good is telling the other passenger. Very poor and unprofessional.

And of course the state of the cabin adds to the poor impression.

It just seems to me that this could have been de-escalated to the point of very much being a non-story, but instead the OP is left feeling very disappointed, which is a shame. Complaints about BA F are quite frequent. I think the main problem is not that is is a terrible product, but simply that too often the expectations are greater than what BA seemingly is able to or willing to deliver.

Why cross examine OP on his allergy problems ? If there are so many excuses of "may, should, mistake " etc can be advanced in defense of the CC why not take OP's word at face value ?

bambinomartino May 20, 2019 8:43 am

Originally Posted by London21 (Post 31117026)

the staff member disciplined for not doing their job properly

This immediately evoked a mental image of Bart Simpson in a BA uniform writing the number 3 over and over on a blackboard. Or was it the number 2, I can't remember, sorry I'm not IQ-ing very well this morning.

MarkLHR May 20, 2019 10:55 am

Doesn’t surprise me.

Generally the ability of BA crew is terrible. Mix the usually laziness they display with lack of ability and this is what you get.

in this case it’s a issue of laziness not to check the order and then the lack of IQ to fix it

BA should go back to the old days of not letting crew anywhere near F until they’ve flown for a few years and proven themselves capable of being let loose on premium cabins.

MADPhil May 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by MarkLHR (Post 31120090)
BA should go back to the old days of not letting crew anywhere near F until they’ve flown for a few years and proven themselves capable of being let loose on premium cabins.

There is a problem with this if your staffing model assumes that they won't be on board after a few years :)

Tafflyer May 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Now mistakes can and do happen. BA has some very inexperienced crew, even in F on that route, which means they must expect the incidence of mistakes to be higher and plan for it. I always say that it’s not the mistakes which count but the way in which they are handled and it does seem that the CSM didn’t handle this too well. I find this a bigger failing than the crew member that made the mistake with the meal in the first place. BA must also answer for the failing as an organisation because I also suspect that a lack of catering loaded has probably limited the CSM’s ability to offer the OP alternative meals. Surely something could be found on board even if it meant raiding CW and PE catering and the club kitchen.

South London Bon Viveur May 20, 2019 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS (Post 31119430)
Why cross examine OP on his allergy problems ? If there are so many excuses of "may, should, mistake " etc can be advanced in defense of the CC why not take OP's word at face value ?

I am taking the OP at face value. The point I am making is that whilst it is clear that the CC did something to find alternatives, it is not clear exactly what lengths they went to. It may have been significant lengths, or it may have been not no significant lengths. If their response was perfunctory, then it reflects even more poorly on the CC. There was no cross examination, either on allergy problems or at all.

joejet May 20, 2019 4:44 pm

By the time I went back and found the CSD myself after requesting him to come it was about 1hour 30 to landing apparently they had packed or disposed of all the CW meals and only had a fish option in first which I could not eat nor the sandwiches. I was not really left any options, except some chocolate but I did not fancy that.

Anyway that was one issue the real problem was the telling the passenger in 3k. I see no advantage in telling him unless the crew wanted to pass the blame and make him feel bad.

JJ

HMPS May 20, 2019 6:00 pm

What a terrific Eureka moment. Amazing BA thinks novice CC can and should service F .:rolleyes:

Pascoe May 21, 2019 12:45 am

Originally Posted by MarkFlies (Post 31116763)
I'm not saying it's the crew's fault, I can make mistakes too, I just feel they should have some system or plan or something.

Very magnanimous to admit you're not entirely perfect - chapeau!!

In fact I believe you have made one right here - that of confusing what appears to be a genuine error followed by contrition on the part of the CC member, with not having 'some system or plan or something' as if they just rock up, set doors to automatic and sling a few trays out randomly. most CC work very hard and have a lot to cope with and remember.

Doesn’t surprise me.

Ok so you're just plain rude.

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 31116869)
I hate to hear about these service failures, they do not make good reading and of course they should never happen but I have noticed that one of posters appear out of nowhere on these threads to have a pop at BA, they then disappear back into their holes.
Oh well that the joy on the internet, I guess it makes them happy!

And there you have it......

Jimmie76 May 21, 2019 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer (Post 31120608)
Now mistakes can and do happen. BA has some very inexperienced crew, even in F on that route, which means they must expect the incidence of mistakes to be higher and plan for it. I always say that it’s not the mistakes which count but the way in which they are handled and it does seem that the CSM didn’t handle this too well. I find this a bigger failing than the crew member that made the mistake with the meal in the first place. BA must also answer for the failing as an organisation because I also suspect that a lack of catering loaded has probably limited the CSM’s ability to offer the OP alternative meals. Surely something could be found on board even if it meant raiding CW and PE catering and the club kitchen.

I mentioned above about my VLML not being loaded. As well as that there was the rice cakes issue in J. My first meal on BA 238, the daytime flight back from BOS consisted mainly of rice cakes. There wasn't much else on the tray just some tiny packets of jam, marmalade, non dairy spread, some vegan crackers and a tangerine.

The crew were embarrassed to be serving it and told me so. They apologised and offered me more items from the bakery basket. They checked the Chefs Chat to see if there was anything else I could eat from any of the leftover meals. It wouldn't have been quite so bad had it not been for the second meal service which was virtually the same. No crackers this time but a bread roll ball that you could have played baseball with. A plate of pineapple replaced the tangerine but three rice cakes still stood out on the tray. Crew encouraged me to complain and this time did manage to find me something else to eat from WT.

ukgooner May 21, 2019 8:23 am

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 31118252)
Ask for another flight in F and for reimbursement of the flight as you did not get the meal which is a big part of the flight .

I'd have thought the journey itself in a big seat / bed is quite a big part of the flight.

You might need to adjust your expectations. In general.

HMPS May 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by ukgooner (Post 31123435)

I'd have thought the journey itself in a big seat / bed is quite a big part of the flight.

You might need to adjust your expectations. In general.

I concur re the big seat / lie flat bed. But if you remove such discussions on bacon rolls, LPGS, steaks, scones, what have you this forum well may lose half its page counts !

PUCCI GALORE May 22, 2019 2:02 am

So by all accounts a highly selective eater in First takes the far from unreasonable step of pre-ordering his meal. The crew made a genuine mistake and gave it to the wrong person. That alone I find extraordinary in these specific circumstances but it happens. The other passenger (who is probably laughing his socks off reading all this) then eats it without a question or query. Quite extraordinary. the CSD/M then takes too long to appear offers the passenger what he has left which the passenger declines. As I have a husband who cannot eat pasta of any make or description, I can understand that. Personally, as long as I wasn’t allergic to anything, I’d rather eat something that would not be a first choice than go hungry, but that’s just me. I hope that I have understood everything.

What I cannot fathom is quite what posting this here does to ameliorate the situation I am unsure unless it is to make the OP feel better. Equally I have never, since the day 19 years ago that I came to this Forum, known such an abundance of people who seem to have been in F. It is true that I read more, much more about CW and do wonder if there is a sort of shame in admitting g that anyone flies further back down the aircraft.

I hope that the OP can come to turns with what happened as he has already shown that he has a sense of irony and the absurd. What does upset me are nasty and, in my opinion cruel remarks about the staff. I will not dignify the Poster by pointing out that it is easy to make disparaging remarks from the safety of the Internet when in point of fact they wouldn’t dare to say them to their individual or collective faces.

What also concerns me is that that we have some of BAs finest posting here to help, explain, and basically give us a crews perspective. Faced with insults like that, I wonder why they’d bother and can only ask them to ignore them and please not leave us.

flygirl68 May 22, 2019 5:46 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 31126510)

What also concerns me is that that we have some of BAs finest posting here to help, explain, and basically give us a crews perspective. Faced with insults like that, I wonder why they’d bother and can only ask them to ignore them and please not leave us.

I am sure we have all met a few like that over the years, I find them an excellent source of entertainment 😬. Their comments say an awful lot more about themselves rather than about myself and my colleagues 👍

HMPS May 23, 2019 7:59 am

SNIPPED

What I cannot fathom is quite what posting this here does to ameliorate the situation I am unsure unless it is to make the OP feel better. Equally

The OP is fully justified in expressing his DISSATISFACTION with what happened to him. The importance of these postings is that one hopes some day someone responsible from BA will sit up and take notice.
It is an not competitive practice to "throw" less experienced CC at Premium cabins. and then not pay attention to their opinions but rather dismiss them .
I agree that contributions of posters like CIHY are valuable here.

Originally Posted by flygirl68 (Post 31126840)
I am sure we have all met a few like that over the years, I find them an excellent source of entertainment 😬. Their comments say an awful lot more about themselves rather than about myself and my colleagues 👍

A big folly on the part of those who think complaints, opinions or suggestions of PAYING CUSTOMERS are to be considered entertainment.
Recall pre Social Media days a Dissatisfied CUSTOMER told eleven others, a neutral said it to no one and a happy one repeated it to only THREE. ! Social Media magnifies the failures.

MSPeconomist May 23, 2019 8:06 am

This is how SQ operates, with only FAs who have proven themselves for several years in coach being permitted to train to work in business class.

IMO the biggest failure here was how long it took for the CSM to discuss the situation with the OP. To me, if a (revenue) FC passenger asks for the CSM/purser (or if there's a significant problem affecting the FC passenger), that staff member should promptly talk with the affected passenger. It's hard to imagine many other parts of the CSM/purser job that should have higher priority or that would be terribly urgent to handle immediately in the middle of a flight.

flygirl68 May 23, 2019 8:23 am

Originally Posted by HMPS (Post 31130684)

A big folly on the part of those who think complaints, opinions or suggestions of PAYING CUSTOMERS are to be considered entertainment.
Recall pre Social Media days a Dissatisfied CUSTOMER told eleven others, a neutral said it to no one and a happy one repeated it to only THREE. ! Social Media magnifies the failures.

I was talking about those who think we are thick.

Ancient Observer May 23, 2019 9:34 am

Of course Pucci is correct.
I have seen BA issues when flying. I have seldom seen bad crew issues, (but I have seen them).
That does not provide grounds for generic insults to all members of BA crew!!

DeathSlam May 23, 2019 1:14 pm

Equally I have never, since the day 19 years ago that I came to this Forum, known such an abundance of people who seem to have been in F. It is true that I read more, much more about CW and do wonder if there is a sort of shame in admitting g that anyone flies further back down the aircraft.

This may be due to the fact that the most prolific posters have been around for a while and as you get on a bit you prefer travelling outside of Y.
Those who are newer to the game may well be flying proportionately more in Y but be a bit more shy of wading in on opinionated and non-informational threads.
Since J is 3x the avios of Y and F is 4x I'm unlikely to use my reward points for J if there's an F option. From information on FT it appears that F is not always that great a price hike from J in cash either, but I have no personal experience of booking a cash F. I'm strictly a Tesco's based F flyer.

NickB May 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS (Post 31130684)

I do not think that we were talking of "complaints, opinions or suggestions" of customers (whether paying or not, as I would rather doubt, in passing, that the fact of paying makes one's complaints or criticisms any more enlightened, wise or useful) but of rather distasteful and gratuitous insulting of cabin crew.

AnaTravel May 24, 2019 12:35 pm

What does upset me are nasty and, in my opinion cruel remarks about the staff. I will not dignify the Poster by pointing out that it is easy to make disparaging remarks from the safety of the Internet when in point of fact they wouldn’t dare to say them to their individual or collective faces.

Generalising about all staff is wrong. Same with generalising about all customers. Many have perfectly valid criticisms of BA and express those constructively. Some are angry, frustrated and use the forum to let off steam. Being rude about all staff doesn't impress FT most readers, I'd bet. I have learnt a lot from CC contributors, frequent (and infrequent) flyers on this forum. I thank every one - whether they agree or disagree with me - as different views aid perspective. I think I have a better understanding of the challenges and frustrations of CC from joining FT too. Cheers to you all.

HMPS May 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by AnaTravel (Post 31135401)
Generalising about all staff is wrong. Same with generalising about all customers. Many have perfectly valid criticisms of BA and express those constructively. Some are angry, frustrated and use the forum to let off steam. Being rude about all staff doesn't impress FT most readers, I'd bet. I have learnt a lot from CC contributors, frequent (and infrequent) flyers on this forum. I thank every one - whether they agree or disagree with me - as different views aid perspective. I think I have a better understanding of the challenges and frustrations of CC from joining FT too. Cheers to you all.

Thank you for a timely and apropos post - reminder. It is easy to pick a part of someone's post and criticize it. I am sure most people can differentiate between the two.

aircrashsurvivor May 26, 2019 6:43 am

Recently flew YYZ TO LGW. CW not F : service was polite kind and efficient: until..... I ordered soup and salad only to get some sleep. Soup was tomato basil,
several minutes later a bowl of light yellow cream soup came, “I thought it was tomato” I said
no it’s been changed to cream of asparagus was the response
In all my years of flying never seen cream of asparagus EVER. But I took a spoonful and promptly returned the “soup” to the bowl..
called the flight attendant over to verify the soup again
saying I didn’t know what it was but it wasn’t Asparagus:
was told again it was yellow tomato soup.....
Now it was was getting silly .....
CSD finally came and said they had a brand new crew member training and she accidentally served the cream custard that was supposed to go on top of the dessert as my soup instead .......
Thus ended my dinner. At that point I didn’t fancy the tomato soup anymore 😂😂😂

Mike Skyflier May 26, 2019 9:12 am

Brilliant,did make me laugh. Hope nobody complained about the soup on their desert! 😁

joejet May 26, 2019 11:39 am

Just to let you all know I got an email from BA upping the 6500 Avios onboard to 20000, thanks for all the replies.

subject2load May 26, 2019 12:15 pm

You obviously did the right thing in making a formal written complaint.

20K seems a reasonable offer.

As for the original 6.5K gesture .... I’m struggling to think of ANY significant service failure in a First class cabin (and not receiving your pre-ordered F meal is certainly significant) where 6.5K could be considered an appropriate level of compensation.

Still somewhat incredulous at the thought of the other pax being pointlessly told that they had been given your meal :rolleyes: