Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Hold your flight price' tickets

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

'Hold your flight price' tickets

Question for anyone that knows the ins and outs of ticketing: If you hold a flight price on ba.com for 72 hours and then honour it by paying the fare a day or two later, does it become a different type of ticket to one that is just paid up front, and therefore less eligible for op-ups, or even paid upgrades?
i.e. do the computer systems go 'this is a ticket that escaped a price rise for three days and therefore it is not eligible for any other perks'

I hope this question is understandable.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
I don’t think there is any ticket generated at that point when you hold the price, I could be wrong but I understand that it simply holds the price and that is it. Once you pay the fare, you are then given a full ticket. But others may confirm this.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I don’t think there is any ticket generated at that point when you hold the price, I could be wrong but I understand that it simply holds the price and that is it. Once you pay the fare, you are then given a full ticket. But others may confirm this.
i was told Wednesday that holding the prices does exactly that. Holding the price. It doesn’t hold the fare. If the fare disappears, you have nothing. You get a ticket, when you pay the Ticket and a pnr

Last edited by Nephoi; May 18, 2019 at 2:37 pm
Old May 18, 2019, 2:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I imagine your knowledge of BA’s IT is woefully inadequate! Well, at least I imagine BA’s IT is woefully inadequate to manage this.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nephoi

i was told Wednesday that holding the prices does exactly that. Holding the price. It doesn’t hold the fare. If the fare disappears, you have nothing. You get a ticket, when you pay the Ticket and a pnr
Ok, so lets say a ticket costs £500, I hold the price and two days later I purchase the ticket from my hold; I then notice that the published price is still £500. Would that ticket be equal to mine if my 'identical twin' bought that one instead?
Old May 18, 2019, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
I imagine your knowledge of BA’s IT is woefully inadequate! Well, at least I imagine BA’s IT is woefully inadequate to manage this.
You are saying that BA's IT system is not this clever?
Old May 18, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by bluegreen2
Ok, so lets say a ticket costs £500, I hold the price and two days later I purchase the ticket from my hold; I then notice that the published price is still £500. Would that ticket be equal to mine if my 'identical twin' bought that one instead?
Yes.

Originally Posted by bluegreen2
You are saying that BA's IT system is not this clever?
Ba's IT system is definitely not this clever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.