Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ARN separate ticket transfer with checked baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Hi all, I'm transferring from SQ T5 (08:15 arrival, but often 30 minutes late) to BA T2 11:40am on a separate ticket, with checked baggage. Is approx 3-3.5 hours enough time to go through immigration (not sure how Brexit will affect time), collect baggage and make my way to T2 for the BA flight?

Thanks
Old May 18, 2019, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by APUBleed
Hi all, I'm transferring from SQ T5 (08:15 arrival, but often 30 minutes late) to BA T2 11:40am on a separate ticket, with checked baggage. Is approx 3-3.5 hours enough time to go through immigration (not sure how Brexit will affect time), collect baggage and make my way to T2 for the BA flight?

Thanks
You'll be fine with that time margin. If you want to check in bags for the BA flight, it's T-60 min margin there. Enjoy a walk after a long flight through Sky City, travellator down 1 floor, pass T4 , up one floor with elevator (look for Arlanda Express signs, but press UP). Short straight finish passing thin exit to T3, and there is T2 waiting. If no heavy bags, consider inter-terminal bus, IIRC, service every 10-15 min
APUBleed likes this.

Last edited by onobond; May 18, 2019 at 1:09 pm Reason: Typo
Old May 18, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Might also be worth asking SQ if they thru check your bags. They wouldn't normally, but maybe you'll find a sympathetic agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.