Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW - Very disappointing

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 3:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
People should use social media more especially Instagram and have an open/public profile, then upload your pictures with comments and tag BA within then so then more people can share your experiences whether it be hygiene, food and beverage, damaged seats etc.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I would imagine that BA has very detailed and specific SOPs (standard operating procedures) but, alongside very many excellent members of staff, also has a large number of crew members who are incapable of, or have no real interest in, delivering the specified service.

At the other end of the spectrum, I find that cabin crew on QR stick to the procedures so rigidly that the service comes across as robotic and obsequious, and I'd actually prefer a hit-and-miss BA crew to that.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Bluecardholder
Not sure what you mean but "incorrect expectations"? I paid for a seat in J, and I expected a J class service. From your reply, it seems I should have expected Ryanair service and it would have been a bonus to get food and drink at all even if it were thrown at me. It does annoy me when people say, well its BA, what do you expect? I expect what I paid for. End of.
I believe what CIHY was trying to say was that you cannot expect from BA what BA does not do. 'J class service' may mean different things for different people if you base it on prior experience with other airlines. There are no universal standards as to what 'J class service' should be. For example, BA does not allow free seat selections in many situations even though one'd expect it in business class. So, if other airlines offer dine-on-demand in business class, for example, it does not mean that all airlines do that in business class. Similarly, if the table was not laid down for you it is simply because it's not how BA does it.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
I would imagine that BA has very detailed and specific SOPs (standard operating procedures) but, alongside very many excellent members of staff, also has a large number of crew members who are incapable of, or have no real interest in, delivering the specified service.

At the other end of the spectrum, I find that cabin crew on QR stick to the procedures so rigidly that the service comes across as robotic and obsequious, and I'd actually prefer a hit-and-miss BA crew to that.
That preference may be influenced by your hit rate (and expectations).
Oaxaca likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
I fly BA099 LHR-YYZ in CW on a 787 on July 19th. After reading this thread, I am wondering if this was a one-of situation? Years ago I had several OPUPs to CW from WT+ and all experiences were really nice.

Anything to look forward to on CW in 787 service LHR-YYZ? Just curious as I am not changing that flight
Old May 19, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by tmac100
I fly BA099 LHR-YYZ in CW on a 787 on July 19th. After reading this thread, I am wondering if this was a one-of situation? Years ago I had several OPUPs to CW from WT+ and all experiences were really nice.

Anything to look forward to on CW in 787 service LHR-YYZ? Just curious as I am not changing that flight
I don’t know exactly how many CW passengers BA carries every day but it must be tens of thousands. Of those, some will be disappointed.

It’s a good indication that you have flown BA CW before and enjoyed it, and I suggest you go on to your flight expecting it to go well and it probably will.

If you look for things to improve you will doubtless find them, as with most things!
flygirl68 and wrp96 like this.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I flew back from JFK to LHR on the UD of a 744 in the last week (18:30 flight). The crew were fairly efficient, but felt it was very much: here's your drink, here's your food, night night. I had to send my soup starter back as it was stone cold (it came back luke warm). I appreciate that lots of pax want to sleep asap, but the service was very very short and 'goodnight'. And that was 18:30 flight, not 22:00h.Hadn't flown Club World for a long time, and combined with the narrowness of the seat, will be looking to UUA to F at every opportunity in future.
Isn’t that a sleeper service?
Old May 19, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well we don’t have a sleeper service anymore but that is the sort of delivery that customers normally request, obviously the soup should be hot but we still have an ongoing problem with the flasks the soup is loaded in.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Can I help you
...the soup should be hot but we still have an ongoing problem with the flasks the soup is loaded in.
Either the soup is not hot enough when it’s put in the flask or the flask is not working, easily solve able, shouldn’t really be an ongoing problem.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by richardwft

Either the soup is not hot enough when it’s put in the flask or the flask is not working, easily solve able, shouldn’t really be an ongoing problem.
These are, sadly, the small but significant details where BA fails so often.
Warm white wine, severely chilled red ... is this rocket science?
Buster, wrp96 and nancypants like this.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by richardwft

I agree but it seems to be, I’m sure it is hot when it goes into the flasks and the flasks are at fault, the problem is that the crew just report that the soup was cold and do not label the flasks as faulty so they stay in the system.
BA have been promising a fix for this for over a year and as yet nothing has been done.

LPQ and wrp96 like this.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

I don’t know exactly how many CW passengers BA carries every day but it must be tens of thousands. Of those, some will be disappointed.

It’s a good indication that you have flown BA CW before and enjoyed it, and I suggest you go on to your flight expecting it to go well and it probably will.

If you look for things to improve you will doubtless find them, as with most things!
I fly with BA because I have always received good WT+ experiences. I seldom fly CW, but this time booked 3 sectors from OPO (via MAD and LHR) to YYZ on the IB website because of cheap flights. Actually a sector run instead of cheapest via the USA.

Yes, there are always dissatisfied flyers - for a variety of reasons. I will take your comments and expect a good CW flight in July. Positive expectations usually result in positive experiences. ^ Plus, some nice victuals and libations will add to the experience... Thanks for your advice, IAMORGAN.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I have just arrived home after getting off BA40 DUR/LHR in J, my first Dreamliner flight. Very attentive crew I have to say and a lovely smooth flight. I asked for a coffee at some stage which came but she made off before I realised there was no sugar so I pressed the call button for the first time ever and she was back within half a minute. They came round with snacks several times and breakfast and the later meal was very good. Hubby had the soup which was acceptably heated. Also we fair breezed through immigration and our suitcases were waiting for us, probably took 30 minutes at most from disembarking to getting to the long term bus stop. All in all a good day.
Can I help you and IAMORGAN like this.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:21 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by Bluecardholder
We've just returned from Jamaica (KIN) to LGW on one of the refurbished 777 in CW. It was booked as a package and we were quite looking forward to it. We've travelled both in Emirates, Singapore and Virgin in J so the bar was set high. Oh dear, what a shambles. The main bug bear, on both legs, was the service. We were offered a drink before lunch and dinner respectively, and that was it. We had to practically beg for a drink with the meal, and forget about refills. The crew were rushing up and down with passenger meals and there was no real personal interaction. I like the way with other airlines, that the table is laid out for you, however with BA you are handed a preloaded tray which incorporates the tablecloth.

It all seemed very rushed, and on the return leg, we weren't offered a hot towel to refresh ourselves before the meal service, than the CSM (or whatever they are now called) tried to take my tray away before I'd finished my main course, when I asked for a refill, but that was ignored.

Since they have the "larder" where I can help myself, when I went there after 30 minutes, basically it was bare.

So all in all, very disappointing. I'm not blaming the CC as they were very rushed, but its certainly not on a par with other airlines. Our next "big trip" is to Perth/Australia in January, with Qantas in J, hopefully they'll be in a different, better, league than BA.
I agree - BA J is appaling but have always felt the LGW crew to be much better than LHR.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jaseuk
I agree - BA J is appaling but have always felt the LGW crew to be much better than LHR.
Sorry, but that is utter ****, I've had great CW flights and merely average ones, appalling? Never! Some people like to complain, don't like it, don't fly it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.