Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW - Very disappointing

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by Can I help you
There are 3 crew working in CW on the LGW based 32 configured B777 which in my opinion is a good ratio, they should be able to give a great service but to me it sounds like the OP had a duff crew combined with incorrect expectations of the BA product.
probably a good ratio if extracted over a larger cabin but can’t think of another J product with roughly that number of seats that wouldn’t have four crew.
Old May 18, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Crofton138
Always worth feeding back. It might not achieve much but the more the management hear about it, the more likely something might be done to improve things in the future (not holding breath):

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...nts-and-claims
Not only feeding back after the flight but also speaking to the SCCM on board. Feeding back after the flight won't change the experience on that flight whereas complaining or pointing out the shortfalls on board can help improve things. Not getting drinks should be addressed on the spot.
Old May 18, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Bluecardholder

So all in all, very disappointing. I'm not blaming the CC as they were very rushed, but its certainly not on a par with other airlines. Our next "big trip" is to Perth/Australia in January, with Qantas in J, hopefully they'll be in a different, better, league than BA.
Buying a CW ticket is not unlike going on a blind date.

There’s a chance that something perfectly enjoyable (or even spectacularly good) will happen ; but - as in your own unhappy experience and that of many others who have reported here - there’s a fair chance you will be left with a distinct feeling of disappointment.

Old May 18, 2019, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, EK, Hilton H, Starwood, A-Club
I did on the way out, but he just shrugged his shoulders as if to say he wasn't really that bothered.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:22 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K

Did I say that, no I said they had a duff crew!
The reason I said product expectations was that the OP said they preferred this: “ I like the way with other airlines, that the table is laid out for you, however with BA you are handed a preloaded tray which incorporates the tablecloth.”

Apologies if it came off snarky, it was an honest question. More often than not (this is on YUL/LHR mostly) I also struggle with getting drinks outside of the first one and meal service on BA (I know I can use the call button or go ask). Crew usually disappears after meal service.

Not as much of an issue (but there is no perfect airline obviously, BA does have strengths) on other airlines I fly on this particular topic, always an FA doing the rounds.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; May 18, 2019 at 9:05 am
Old May 18, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Also mine if I did, I can tell that the OP is rightly upset but adding in product differences that would have been known before travel to service failures just in my opinion slightly devalues the post.
Andriyko and flygirl68 like this.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Don't ever feel reluctant about pressing your call button or heading to the galley and asking for a refill.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I flew back from JFK to LHR on the UD of a 744 in the last week (18:30 flight). The crew were fairly efficient, but felt it was very much: here's your drink, here's your food, night night. I had to send my soup starter back as it was stone cold (it came back luke warm). I appreciate that lots of pax want to sleep asap, but the service was very very short and 'goodnight'. And that was 18:30 flight, not 22:00h.Hadn't flown Club World for a long time, and combined with the narrowness of the seat, will be looking to UUA to F at every opportunity in future.
Old May 18, 2019, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by nancypants
I probably wouldn’t get my hopes up about Qantas either
the worst Qantas of many I’ve experienced has been leagues better than this.
But their premium economy fares are typically higher than what BA gets in CW on some routes like Jamaica especially.
so it’s the case of you get what you pay for. (Or the average punter pays).
nancypants likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I have just had an equally disappointing experience on EY in J...

I don't think its anything to do with the amount of crew serving the cabin on the 777 at LGW... We did 32 pax with 3 crew on the mid-J 744 at LHR and it was never rushed, and that was also sharing a galley with WT+, and the galley operator helping out with the WT+ service a lot of the time too.

So, I think a duff crew and expectations too high will always lead to a crap flight.
HIDDY and wrp96 like this.
Old May 18, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Often1
Don't ever feel reluctant about pressing your call button or heading to the galley and asking for a refill.
I have yet to use the call bell (except by accident a couple of times).

However, as time goes by I become more inclined to pursue expected standards of service in CW. And ... harrumph!
Old May 18, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Also mine if I did, I can tell that the OP is rightly upset but adding in product differences that would have been known before travel to service failures just in my opinion slightly devalues the post.
In fairness to the OP, the point about laying the table was the only real product comparison. If you’ve never travelled in BA CW, how would you know about a detail like this in advance (BA service on a tray)? If you’ve only been in the business class of (multiple) other carriers where the table is laid by the crew, it’s not really surprising you would expect the same. I’d say the expectation was reasonable, but unrealistic in reality if you really knew the BA product.
Old May 18, 2019, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I sort of understand the imperatives of serving the tray. ISTR it used to be nicer, but I guess that’s ‘progress’. There’s still no room for my bloody bread plate, though!
passy777 likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Possibly, but the OP seems to be a fairly frequent flyer and savvy enough to have done their research before booking, I am in no way condoling the bad service they received.
Old May 18, 2019, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The theme on this thread suggests BA's new ad campaign:
British Airways Club World - Don't Expect Too Much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.