Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft swap and free changes

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Aircraft swap and free changes

MMB indicating that my LHR-MIA A380 service (BA209) in November has changed to B744.

Travelling in WTP and had specifically chosen A380 for Upper Deck and extra personal storage. I have no issue with the B744 but when offered a choice, I’ll take the A380 as in this case.

The A380 came with a risk of missed connection in MIA (onward to MCO). Now the A380 is gone am I entitled to ask for a free swap to the earlier BA207 to MIA? This would greatly reduce the likelihood of a missed connection at MIA. If not, it’s fine as is.

I’ve searched the forum but can’t find anything. Currently digging through T&C’s but I’m sure someone on here can answer more quickly than I’ll find it.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Try this:

Aircraft swap. Would BA allow me to change flight?

(I entered "aircraft swap change" into the search function)
Old May 18, 2019, 3:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Basically if your timings have not changed and the only change is type, then no you are not entitled to any free changes.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
You can try your luck with an agent on the phone. I have no experience of BA for this, but it did work for AA once (who seem to have a lot more swaps).
Old May 18, 2019, 3:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FeedbirdNiner
You can try your luck with an agent on the phone. I have no experience of BA for this, but it did work for AA once (who seem to have a lot more swaps).
AA do have a policy which allows free changes if the type changes. BA don't have any similar policy.
FeedbirdNiner and DiamondMile like this.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks all, I’ll probably just leave as in this case.

Misco60, thanks for the link. I’ve tried my original search and there is it, top result. I’d better go to Specsavers
Old May 18, 2019, 3:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Also worth considering that you are also ask for a change of departure airport as the MCO route operates from LGW.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
Also worth considering that you are also ask for a change of departure airport as the MCO route operates from LGW.
Thanks madfish. Starting in BHD so would require a transfer from LHR to LGW which I want to avoid. I could have gone from Dublin with one stop on AA but choose the BA option (3 legs as opposed to 2) to guarantee the TP’s required to retain Silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.