SIlver Status. Am i losing my status?

Old May 17, 19, 8:36 am
Original Poster

SIlver Status. Am i losing my status?

HI, I am currently Silver i am flying in July.My Their points have expired and my car expire on 30th June. But in the Their points section still looks as if i am silver will this change in 1st July or am i keeping Silver.

Thanks

Old May 17, 19, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold & honoured with a Mucci des Zones de Tranquilité . Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
You will drop to Bronze on the 1st of July and remain silver until then.
Old May 17, 19, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
Originally Posted by sunshinebob View Post
You will drop to Bronze on the 1st of July.
Unless you request a 2-week extension, and do a tier point run in the next few days? I think?
Old May 17, 19, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob View Post
You will drop to Bronze on the 1st of July and remain silver until then.
Rookie question but do you only ever drop one tier? So if you were Gold and didn't travel at all in that year, would you drop to Silver regardless?
Old May 17, 19, 8:52 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Coffeemadman View Post
Rookie question but do you only ever drop one tier? So if you were Gold and didn't travel at all in that year, would you drop to Silver regardless?
Yes, referred to as the "soft landing", you drop down one tier each year if you stopped flying or reaching the TPs needed. There's a good explanation in the stickies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30593331-post4.html

Note that Gold Guest List is not a separate tier in this respect, they drop to Silver the same as the common-or-garden Goldies.
rockflyertalk and EDIwanderer like this.
Old May 17, 19, 9:04 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BA (Silver) Asiana (Silver) Hllton (Gold)
How many tier points did you have before the reset? That is what's important to decide if you maintain silver, not the number when the card expires.
Old May 17, 19, 9:19 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by DeathSlam View Post
How many tier points did you have before the reset?
I would presume less than 600. If it was 600 or more they would have retained silver and the card expiry should have updated to Jun 30th 2020, no?

I think it is just the 7 or so weeks after the end of the collection year which is the cause of the uncertainty here. Unfortunately as others have said, the OP is headed to Bronze on July 1st, tho if they very close to 600 as ttama indicates perhaps they could do a quick flight in the few days of grace left to them if they so wanted.
Old May 19, 19, 1:39 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BA (Silver) Asiana (Silver) Hllton (Gold)
Originally Posted by BertieBadger View Post
I would presume less than 600. If it was 600 or more they would have retained silver and the card expiry should have updated to Jun 30th 2020, no?
Apparently not. I have requalified for silver through 2020 but my card expiry still shows 2019 (although I have yet to get to the TP year end, so I admit this is not proof).

I'm not sure we have enough info from OP to know for sure they will drop to Bronze. I agree it's likely because if they knew they had earned enough points they probably wouldn't have posted, but the 0 TP after the reset appears to be a red herring that might cause needless anxiety to someone who thought that it was *those* TPs that counted at the card year end, rather than the TP before the collection year end and reset.
Old May 19, 19, 2:28 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by BertieBadger View Post
This is correct. My tp end date was also may 8, I did requalify for silver, and my card expiry date has updated to June 30 2020.

OP is bronze as of July 1...
DeathSlam likes this.
Old May 19, 19, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by ttama View Post
Unless you request a 2-week extension, and do a tier point run in the next few days? I think?
Small but relevant detail. If you want to credit TPs to the previous year you don't need to request an extension, you just call them up within the two following weeks once the points have credited your account.

Search this Thread