Delay in reissuing Avios tickets

Old May 16, 2019, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Delay in reissuing Avios tickets

I am in the process of adding extra legs to an existing (ticketed) Avios ticket; the amendments are in the queue for ticketing.

I know that this is something that can take some time where the flights are with BA, but in this instance a partner airline is involved. When should I start to worry and what can I do about it?

I am concerned partly because the call centre agent didn't fill me with confidence that he knew what he was doing. Could there be problems if that was the case? What is the process to get something ticketed? Why can't the call agents do it themselves?

Also, I've read that BA can only keep the credit card security code for a short period of time - a week maybe? Do I need to ring back on a weekly basis until the ticket is reissued?
Old May 16, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You won't be adding legs; they'll be new stand alone unconnected tickets.

Which is the partner airline ?
Old May 16, 2019, 3:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And what currency are you using to pay for the ticket?
Old May 16, 2019, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Really? I see the whole itinerary, including the original and added new flights, when I look at the booking on BA.com.

Qantas.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And what currency are you using to pay for the ticket?
Sterling.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For Sterling you don't need to worry about CCV, usually, it's USD and CAD were there were past problems.

For Qantas then usually they don't auto-cancel after 3 days like Cathay can do. Obviously keep an eye on it, but usually that should process normally. Unless you are within 48 hours of travel there isn't a lot you can do, but there was a report of someone successfully using Twiter after waiting a week or so.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:44 am

No you are wrong the existing ticket is reissued to include the new legs.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:02 am
Original Poster

These additional legs are insignificant compared with the already ticketed long haul sectors. I made it clear to the agent that I didn't want to do anything which might jeopardise the existing legs, as I am quite sure that I wouldn't be able to find replacement flights with Avios availability. Can I be confident that they won't come to any harm?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Well the new tickets have finally been issued and all looks fine in the email.... but I have also been on to the Finnair site just in case and the additional flights are not there. What could have gone wrong (assuming something has)? The new ticket numbers are showing so I don't think it's a case of a delay in their system being updated.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Well the new tickets have finally been issued and all looks fine in the email.... but I have also been on to the Finnair site just in case and the additional flights are not there. What could have gone wrong (assuming something has)? The new ticket numbers are showing so I don't think it's a case of a delay in their system being updated.
Do the Finnair flights show on BA MMB and do they show a confirmed status when you click on the flight? As ever I recommend it is worth a call if in any doubt, any problems that could have arisen can be solved if there is availability on the flights and enough time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.