Search

First First queries

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
First First queries

Hi All,

I've just booked my first First on BA from DEN-LHR (the outbound is in CW) and we'll be connecting on to TXL upon arrival in LHR on a separate ticket, as booking from TXL and back more than doubled the price! I realise that our luggage almost certainly won't be checked through from DEN-TXL, that we have to go from T3 to T5 in LHR and that we have CCR access due to arriving in First but I'm not sure about a couple of things so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1. Can we use the First Wing to check in and drop our bags for LHR-TXL even if we're flying Y?
2. Can I contact YouFirst to book a cabana in the CCR if our onward flight is on a separate booking?

Thanks in advance for any insights. I'm very excited about my first BA First, even if some commentators compare it to business class.

P.S. Mods: if these questions have been answered elsewhere, feel free to merge the threads or point me to the correct info and close this thread. I did try to search the boards for the answers but came up blank. Thanks!
Old May 15, 2019, 4:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
1. Can we use the First Wing to check in and drop our bags for LHR-TXL even if we're flying Y?
The access rules for the First Wing mirror those for the First Lounge so if you have access to the First Lounge you will have access to the First Wing. As you're flying into LHR in F and then out again the same day the answer is yes. As you know, you can skip the First Lounge and go straight to the CCR if you wish.

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
2. Can I contact YouFirst to book a cabana in the CCR if our onward flight is on a separate booking?
Yes I don't see why not.

Have a nice trip.

PS. Technically you're not connecting to TXL as you're on separate tickets. This has no bearing on your access to lounges but is just me being a bit of a pedant.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by golfmad
The access rules for the First Wing mirror those for the First Lounge so if you have access to the First Lounge you will have access to the First Wing. As you're flying into LHR in F and then out again the same day the answer is yes. As you know, you can skip the First Lounge and go straight to the CCR if you wish.

Yes I don't see why not.

Have a nice trip.

PS. Technically you're not connecting to TXL as you're on separate tickets. This has no bearing on your access to lounges but is just me being a bit of a pedant.
Wow, thanks for the speedy response and the great news. I'm looking forward to trying the First Wing out in that case. I shall definitely give YouFirst a shout too to see if we can get a cabana to relax and shower in after our overnight flight.

No worries about the pedantry. I am normally a stickler for terminology myself so I realise I could and should have phrased it better. I put it down to my excitement about my first First.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.