FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   “We need to confirm your identity” (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1969858-we-need-confirm-your-identity.html)

A13 May 15, 2019 12:24 pm

“We need to confirm your identity”

Does anyone else keep having their BAEC account locked when they try and log in? Had it three times now in the past couple of weeks...

We need to confirm your identity

• To ensure the security of your account, please reset your password.
  • We'll send you a code for you to use to log in and ask you to choose a new password.

really annoying...

hsmall May 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by A13 (Post 31104637)
Does anyone else keep having their BAEC account locked when they try and log in? Had it three times now in the past couple of weeks...

We need to confirm your identity

• To ensure the security of your account, please reset your password.
  • We'll send you a code for you to use to log in and ask you to choose a new password.

really annoying...

Me too. It's driving me up the wall. There is no need to change my password

UKtravelbear May 15, 2019 12:59 pm

It could be someone using the wrong account number by transposing some digits in their BAEC number or have a similar email address and they are equally frustrated that they can't get into 'their' account!

AlastairM May 15, 2019 1:39 pm

It's been happening to me as well, most recently this afternoon.

bhbloke May 15, 2019 1:42 pm

The website has been a mess all afternoon, been trying to book a simple Paris return and it keeps failing at the last stage.

Finally got it booked about 10 minutes ago, after giving up after lunch.

Palmer May 15, 2019 1:49 pm

I’ve had to confirm my identity and reset my password twice in the last week. I’m not sure how BA confirmed my identity, other than sending a text message to my phone but that somehow satisfies the test.

Palmer

pennineuk May 15, 2019 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Palmer (Post 31104949)
I’ve had to confirm my identity and reset my password twice in the last week. I’m not sure how BA confirmed my identity, other than sending a text message to my phone but that somehow satisfies the test.

Palmer

Same here. They are using two-factor authentication....sending a code number to your registered phone number which you then use to authenticate.

Definitely something up with the systems though.

aidy May 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Happened to both me and the wife twice in the last few weeks, also getting very fed up with this

hsmall May 16, 2019 5:30 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31104785)
It could be someone using the wrong account number by transposing some digits in their BAEC number or have a similar email address and they are equally frustrated that they can't get into 'their' account!

Not in my case: it's remembered (correctly) by Chrome.

UKtravelbear May 16, 2019 5:40 am

Originally Posted by hsmall (Post 31107043)
Not in my case: it's remembered (correctly) by Chrome.

But I'm saying what if someone else was erroneously typing in your email thinking it was theirs?

so their address is hsmEll@whatever and they enter hsmAll@whatever (your address) in error. they enter their password, BA systems say 'wrong' they try a couple more times but end up blocking your account

That's is what is likely causing the issue not what your browser is remembering - it's what someone else is doing likely in all innocence

chris1922Mk2 May 16, 2019 5:51 am

Yup, second time in two weeks for me, and takes numerous attempts before my code arrives, either by text or email. Very annoying, and inconvenient.

mastutio May 16, 2019 6:27 am

Are you also using AwardWallet or similar? In my experience that can trigger these identity checks

hsmall May 16, 2019 6:29 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31107068)
But I'm saying what if someone else was erroneously typing in your email thinking it was theirs?

so their address is hsmEll@whatever and they enter hsmAll@whatever (your address) in error. they enter their password, BA systems say 'wrong' they try a couple more times but end up blocking your account

That's is what is likely causing the issue not what your browser is remembering - it's what someone else is doing likely in all innocence

I see what you mean thanks. but I am sceptical whether it's that or a basic IT error :)

alex67500 May 16, 2019 7:16 am

Originally Posted by mastutio (Post 31107191)
Are you also using AwardWallet or similar? In my experience that can trigger these identity checks

Yeah I wondered if Award Wallet was the trigger. It's probably on the back of the data leak from last year. Good on them, even if it's a bit annoying...

daftboy May 16, 2019 7:40 am

Originally Posted by mastutio (Post 31107191)

The same thing has been happening to me, very irritating - but I suspect AwardWallet might be the cause. I will probably just take my BA Exec Club off AW, I check my account frequently enough that it doesn't add much value.