A350 to Tel Aviv

Old May 15, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
I flew in CW to TLV from LHR on a 777 at a very decent departure time of 0805. I would never want to fly on the a350 if that ghastly 9pm departure is correct. But that is my opinion.
Be aware that the last 30 minutes of the flight we were mandated by Israel security that we had to remain in our seats with seat belts on. NO excuses granted. I would not want to be awakened on a late night flight to be given those instructions multiple times. And yes it was several times that this was mentioned as a mandate.

It is a bit over a 4 hour flight anyway. Very little chance to sleep if you leave at 2100 hours.

By arriving mid afternoon immigration went fairly quickly. Just remember to keep the blue immigration card they give you to exit the country.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Originally Posted by BA6501
Ah, but no Premium Economy on those - so still a 3 class configuration.
Originally Posted by PETER01
Malaysian do a F cabin on their A350, although it's branded a Business Suites and JAL are doing a F cabin on their A350-900 but I'm not aware of others as yet. China Eastern are doing one too.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...n-september-1/
Interesting, thanks for the information. Given how profitable WTP is for BA, I cant see BA replacing it with a first class cabin anytime soon, so pretty unlikely well see F in a BA A350.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Originally Posted by sweetsleep
I flew in CW to TLV from LHR on a 777 at a very decent departure time of 0805. I would never want to fly on the a350 if that ghastly 9pm departure is correct. But that is my opinion.
Be aware that the last 30 minutes of the flight we were mandated by Israel security that we had to remain in our seats with seat belts on. NO excuses granted. I would not want to be awakened on a late night flight to be given those instructions multiple times. And yes it was several times that this was mentioned as a mandate.

It is a bit over a 4 hour flight anyway. Very little chance to sleep if you leave at 2100 hours.

By arriving mid afternoon immigration went fairly quickly. Just remember to keep the blue immigration card they give you to exit the country.
I flew the 9pm departure last month and I can vouch for how horrible it is - not pleasant at all! And the plane doesnt help either.

That said we werent given any warnings about mandated Israeli security - nothing outside of the normal pre-landing procedures.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ocprodigy

I flew the 9pm departure last month and I can vouch for how horrible it is - not pleasant at all! And the plane doesn’t help either.
Assume that was March rather than last month? Agree it's a terrible departure time (or more to the point, arrival time....), and I wish they changed it back to 22:30 as it used to be.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I flew the 9pm departure last month and I can vouch for how horrible it is - not pleasant at all! And the plane doesnt help either.
Not only that, but the morning departure from TLV has been moved an hour earlier from 7:15 to 6:15. Also pretty tough going, although it does increase the connections available at LHR.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: American Life Time 2 Million Mile Platinum
My wife and I are flying LHR-TLV on December 9th on that late flight (so we can enjoy a full day in London).

Do you think the A350 will be on this route that early in December ?
Old May 16, 2019, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by mnhusker
Yes, as mentioned earlier in the thread, the A350 will operate on the route starting December 1st.

Of course it's always possible the date will slip, if there are any delivery delays from Boeing for any reason.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by clubman
...if there are any delivery delays from Boeing for any reason.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mnhusker
My wife and I are flying LHR-TLV on December 9th on that late flight (so we can enjoy a full day in London).

It's already loaded. You can check with ExpertFlyer:

AnaTravel likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
Nothing to do with VS. This was planned long before VS announced their service, but held back for various reasons.
It may be, but the Israeli press does refer to this move as a direct response to the new VS service.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: American Life Time 2 Million Mile Platinum
Yes, I just checked my bookings and they have us confirmed on the A350 with new seat assignments in WT+.

Looks like it will be fun to check out a new airliner type .
Old May 17, 2019, 11:49 am

Seems like a decent move on BA's part, as I really don't think the 788 has sufficient J seats for the TLV market. I've regularly seen it full or nearly full two+ weeks prior to departure in Club - which is a problem as its the service that best connects to all transatlantic flights from LHR. This past year, I ended up buying two business tickets on other carriers as a result - excited to see the new product!
Old May 21, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M

I dont think any airline operates a 4 class A350 (happy to be told otherwise), its standard configuration is 3 class and I cant see any reason why an airline would move away from that at the moment! Certainly not BA anyway.
why not BA? Arent they the only airline that offer a 4 class 787-9 with F class ?
Old May 22, 2019, 5:26 am

I dont think any airline operates a 4 class A350 (happy to be told otherwise), its standard configuration is 3 class and I cant see any reason why an airline would move away from that at the moment! Certainly not BA anyway.
MH do.
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ma...s_A350-900.php

(They don't call their First Class "First Class" any more, but essentially its the same thing).
Old May 22, 2019, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by ly787

why not BA? Aren’t they the only airline that offer a 4 class 787-9 with F class ?
The 777-9s BA have ordered will be in a four class configuration so that appears to be the way they are going - A350s 331 seats in three classes, 777-9s 325 seats in four classes.
Of course it could change in the future but, as these aircraft were basically ordered to replace the two configurations of 747 that are being retired, it makes sense.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.