Wiki Posts
Search

T3 to T5 airside bus without boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

T3 to T5 airside bus without boarding pass

Hi,

I will be arriving from BCN with lands at T3 but need to meet a colleague at the Sofitel. I believe the quickest way to do this would be to take the airside Flight Connections bus to T5 and pass through Immigration there.

I've taken the bus many times for connections and don't recall them checking boarding passes, but this time I really won't have one and wanted to make sure it won't be a problem!
Old May 14, 2019, 2:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
You will be fine. I've done this a few times without issue.
Markie likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes. they don't check boarding passes unless you look totally lost and need assistance. The only issue here would be if you had luggage to recover at T3, since that won't be transferred to T5, but if HBO or through checked to somewhere beyond LHR then I see no issue. I often use T5 Flight Connections to get to T2 if I'm in a Bath Road hotel overnight, it's easier to get to the Bath Road TfL buses from T2.
armouredant likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old May 15, 2019, 1:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Just one warning: If you are a third-country national you may get some extra questions from UK immigration.
Why someone, who landed on Air India from Delhi, just turns up at UK Immigration at T5?
Old May 15, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
Originally Posted by warakorn
Just one warning: If you are a third-country national you may get some extra questions from UK immigration.
Why someone, who landed on Air India from Delhi, just turns up at UK Immigration at T5?
Why?
Old May 15, 2019, 4:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There shouldn't be an issue with Non Visa Nationals (or indeed Visa Nationals). The Border Force officers rotate around the LHR estate all the time, and sometimes would need to stop and think which terminal they are working at. In terms of their questioning of people, it makes no difference to entry criteria, the criteria actually doesn't give the officers much discretion and the Chief Immigration Officer handles more difficult case. If an officer asks it would only be out of idle curiosity. East of getting to a hotel would seem entirely sensible to me.
frandrake and IAMORGAN like this.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
1. In case UK Immigration rejects entry, then Air India would be on the hook transporting you back. There is no Air India at T5. It will complicate the removal process.

2. Exiting via a different terminal might cause suspicion that the bag is collected by someone else.

3. Immigration agent may assume that the third-country national is trying to find a weak spot in the immigration checkpoints.

4. For Immigration Agent it is clear that the third country national is travelling HBO. If the traveller wants to stay 2 weeks in the UK for holiday - it's a very weird thing to travel so light.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Except that the truth is always the simplest and most effective explanation.
Truthmonkey likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
1. In case UK Immigration rejects entry, then Air India would be on the hook transporting you back. There is no Air India at T5. It will complicate the removal process.

2. Exiting via a different terminal might cause suspicion that the bag is collected by someone else.

3. Immigration agent may assume that the third-country national is trying to find a weak spot in the immigration checkpoints.

4. For Immigration Agent it is clear that the third country national is travelling HBO. If the traveller wants to stay 2 weeks in the UK for holiday - it's a very weird thing to travel so light.
Have you got any experience of this or is this just speculation on your part?
Old May 15, 2019, 6:31 am

Did Delhi move to Spain recently?
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:45 am

Ding ding ding! We now have proof that half of FT is very weird!
Old May 15, 2019, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Have you got any experience of this or is this just speculation on your part?
A member of my university many years ago fell asleep after collecting his bag before going through customs. He was coming back on a TATL red eye and hadn't slept on the flight. He woke up a couple of hours later and decided to leave. He allegedly had the third degree from customs because he hadn't gone through with the rest of the passengers on his Jamaica flight. They assumed it was to try and "import" something undetected.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
A member of my university many years ago fell asleep after collecting his bag before going through customs. He was coming back on a TATL red eye and hadn't slept on the flight. He woke up a couple of hours later and decided to leave. He allegedly had the third degree from customs because he hadn't gone through with the rest of the passengers on his Jamaica flight. They assumed it was to try and "import" something undetected.
I think the odds of being stopped by customs are very small in the UK so that seems a little unusual. I am surprised he was just left to sleep in the baggage hall and someone didn’t wake him.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: *A
A border officer did tell me once that they are aware of the flights coming in, and would be surprised / suspicious of a non confirming answer. But I think that it is more how you answer rather than what you answer, and a logical explanation would be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.