FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   New 'call' button in the CCR board room (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1969636-new-call-button-ccr-board-room.html)

golfmad May 14, 2019 1:04 am

New 'call' button in the CCR board room

There is now a call button in the CCR board room shown below. I tested it out and as if by magic a person appeared to take my order. Hadn't seen this referenced elsewhere so thought I'd mention it.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5c737ddc9b.jpg

golfmad May 14, 2019 1:25 am

There's one at the other end of the table as well. You should be able to see it in the picture above too just beyond the other monitor.

rossmacd May 14, 2019 1:28 am

I haven’t seen it, but a useful addition ^

Now, more importantly, get out of my seat ;) :p

golfmad May 14, 2019 1:29 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 31099108)
I haven’t seen it, but a useful addition ^

Now, more importantly, get out of my seat ;) :p

Just keeping it warm for you :)

corporate-wage-slave May 14, 2019 1:47 am

I don't think it's exactly new. But I call it the Wilf Button since he is the only one I've seen use it, until now.

It bleeps at the main desk in front of Concorde Dining, along with the other buttons in the cabanas.

DFB_london May 14, 2019 2:25 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31099148)
I don't think it's exactly new. But I call it the Wilf Button since he is the only one I've seen use it, until now.

It bleeps at the main desk in front of Concorde Dining, along with the other buttons in the cabanas.

yes not so new. It’s been there months!
sometimes it works sometimes it gets ignored- requiring a trip to go and interrupt the bar staff’s tv watching.
so totally inconsistent. Plus ca change for BA

golfmad May 14, 2019 2:27 am

Originally Posted by DFB_london (Post 31099203)

yes not so new. It’s been there months!
sometimes it works sometimes it gets ignored- requiring a trip to go and interrupt the bar staff’s tv watching.
so totally inconsistent. Plus ca change for BA

I must be going mad. I have never noticed it before. Then when I checked with the staff here they said it was new so that reinforced my view that it really was a new feature.

Dambus May 14, 2019 2:30 am

Disgraceful. Why is this not an antique brass pull on a purple brushed satin rope? Pfff.

;)

corporate-wage-slave May 14, 2019 2:36 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 31099206)
I must be going mad. I have never noticed it before.

I happen to know it was definitely there the last time you graced the Board Room! You may have been distracted by the loud talkers in the room.

golfmad May 14, 2019 2:40 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31099223)
I happen to know it was definitely there the last time you graced the Board Room! You may have been distracted by the loud talkers in the room.

:D

sxc May 14, 2019 2:59 am

I wish there buttons like this in Galleries First so you can request the dirty plates be cleaned up.

Prospero May 14, 2019 5:05 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 31099260)
I wish there buttons like this in Galleries First so you can request the dirty plates be cleaned up.

And a panic button for when there’s no Diet Coke in the fridges :D

South London Bon Viveur May 14, 2019 6:07 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 31099260)

Or to leave instructions that when there is a full plate or nearly full plate with the cutlery arranged in a certain way it means the person is still eating and does not want their carefully arranged plate taken away (especially with the addition of the new and brilliant salad bar). :)

audio-nut May 14, 2019 12:46 pm

I remember seeing that in 2008

eae May 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by audio-nut (Post 31101046)
I remember seeing that in 2008

There used to be one but it was removed a few years ago, around the same time they replace the Concorde office-chairs with the new less interesting ones.

Glad to see it's back!