FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How soon is a Tier status change reflected on the BA site and app? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1969524-how-soon-tier-status-change-reflected-ba-site-app.html)

DrHalxx May 13, 2019 10:52 am

How soon is a Tier status change reflected on the BA site and app?

Hi all, I'm slightly confused. Tier point collection year ended 8th of May. If someone doesn't maintain his gold status, when the new silver status be reflected on the app/website? Before card expiry date or after card expiry date?

:D! May 13, 2019 11:03 am

You would be Gold until 30 June and then drop to Silver after that.

DrHalxx May 13, 2019 11:11 am

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 31096818)
You would be Gold until 30 June and then drop to Silver after that.

How it shows on the app? Will it show as gold till 30 June?

I got my gold card through a friend who is GGL. It was given to me before card expiry date but after tier point year collection ended in 2018. The card shows to be valid till 30/06 but after contacting GGL line last year they said that it will extend till 2020. I called gold line and they said that their system shows I will be gold till 2020 and that a new card will generate on the 1st of July. Is that correct or false reassurance?

If I was downgraded, will it have shown on the website?

Geo772 May 13, 2019 11:14 am

You would retain status until 30 June. Based on my own experience you will receive your new silver card sometime in mid June. You will still show as Gold on the website and app until 30th June.

DrHalxx May 13, 2019 11:18 am

Discretionary gold renewal, Can call centre stuff see what my status for next year?

I got my gold card through a friend who is GGL. It was given to me before card expiry date but after tier point year collection ended on the 8th of May 2018.

The card shows to be valid till 30/06/2019 but after contacting GGL line last year they said that it will extend till 2020.

I called gold line today and they said that their system shows I will be gold till 2020 and that a new card will generate on the 1st of July. Is that correct or false reassurance? Can call centre stuff see what my status next year will be?

If I was downgraded, will it have shown on the website?

:D! May 13, 2019 11:32 am

Originally Posted by DrHalxx (Post 31096854)
How it shows on the app? Will it show as gold till 30 June?

Yes, it's not like A3 where you would drop to silver straight away if you didn't requalify.

If they say you have been renewed as Gold then I would believe them.

If they are wrong then you are still Gold until 30 June, but you will get a Silver card in a few weeks time.

BA6501 May 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 31096939)
If they are wrong then you are still Gold until 30 June, but you will get a Silver card in a few weeks time.

There's no soft landing for partner cards. You'll drop to whatever card you have earned enough TPs for.

Cris L May 14, 2019 1:59 am

I'm so envious of receiving a Gold card as gift. I will never get to Gold on my own ever.

This year I will struggle to remain Silver, and may need to do a TP run to re-qualify.

If my plans for next year work, I may re-qualify for silver based on no of flights but still not reaching the required 600TP. Let alone Gold!

KARFA May 14, 2019 2:07 am

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 31097951)
There's no soft landing for partner cards. You'll drop to whatever card you have earned enough TPs for.

are you sure? I thought there was some scare stories about this being the case on here maybe 1-2 years ago but then folks posted their experiences that partner cards still soft landed which debunked that.

LondonAndy May 14, 2019 3:16 am

<<Deleted>>

ThatT1Feeling May 14, 2019 4:49 am

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 31097951)

Partner cards do soft land. This rumour needs to be squashed!!

To the OP - if the partner card was received mid-year then you will get the remainder of the current year plus the next year as Gold. Therefore it’s entirely possible that the card will be valid till 2020. My daughter’s silver card (just received) is valid till 2021.

BA6501 May 14, 2019 5:57 am

PM to all

KARFA May 14, 2019 6:31 am

Recent thread for reference https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...t-landing.html

Tobias-UK Jun 2, 2019 6:26 pm

En

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 31099426)

To the OP - if the partner card was received mid-year then you will get the remainder of the current year plus the next year as Gold. Therefore it’s entirely possible that the card will be valid till 2020. My daughter’s silver card (just received) is valid till 2021.

Well, I’m not convinced. Over the last two years, the Gold cards I’ve gifted have hard-landed to the status the member earned during the Membership Year. I’ve just looked at my father’s old account and his status went from Gold to Bronze last August. My daughter, who hasn’t traveled very much this year ended her Membership Year on 8 May, she only had enough TPs to qualify as Blue last year. I shall take a look at her account on 1 July to see what her status is.

Tobias-UK Jul 1, 2019 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 31164188)

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 31099426)

Well, I’m not convinced. Over the last two years, the Gold cards I’ve gifted have hard-landed to the status the member earned during the Membership Year. I’ve just looked at my father’s old account and his status went from Gold to Bronze last August. My daughter, who hasn’t traveled very much this year ended her Membership Year on 8 May, she only had enough TPs to qualify as Blue last year. I shall take a look at her account on 1 July to see what her status is.

As promised here is an update on my daughter’s BAEC status after her gifted Gold Card expired last night. She only managed to acquire 280 TPs during her Membership Year meaning she did not earn sufficient TPs even to achieve Bronze. As I expected she did not soft land to Silver but fell unceremoniously all the way down to Blue!