Reward to/from Johannesburg

Old May 13, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Cape Town is 2x 747 ex LHR, and then a less than daily service ex LGW on a 747.

I believe that the airport is not capable of A380 service, or both BA & EK would be flying A380.
T8191 likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Last week I booked LHR to JNB J in jan on Qatar for 1550 pp. no way a CW fare would get to that price and so we are happy to take the longer route. When we use avios for F or J, then it is at T-355, whether it is September or January....
Old May 13, 2019, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Ex-EU is a good thought, although starting in JER makes it less easy.
I also need to remember that OW won't be essential, as we will already have the TPs needed for gold renewal.
Just hate to lose a 2-4-1 and have to pay for an expensive seat ... and, sorry, we don't do PE
Not being totally efficient in the use of your voucher doesn't mean you should just let it expire. You can still do well out of it. Go on another holiday?

​​​​
T8191 and Pascoe like this.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by cauchy
Not being totally efficient in the use of your voucher doesn't mean you should just let it expire. You can still do well out of it. Go on another holiday?

​​​​
Our solution to most problems!

I do however need to balance the use of the voucher with the relentless pursuit of TPs during the membership year. Fortunately, having just started a new year, we already have 1,600 in MMB so have free rein for the first 4 months of 2020. But ... we have our 40th anniversary in March, and I need a special destination (= expensive!). So the 2-4-1 has added value on this occasion.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You'll get an MIA I would have thought on your 241 with a short hop down to the Carribean ?
T8191 likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You'll get an MIA I would have thought on your 241 with a short hop down to the Carribean ?
I had thought in that way, although preferably NOT via MIA!

Much may hinge on our experience at a new hotel in St. Lucia next month. If it’s as good as we hope, then certainly a 2-4-1 to somewhere East Coast followed by a paid AA flight may fit the bill... despite some probably inconvenient connection times. But the Western Cape is always our favourite!
Old May 13, 2019, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Sure enough, only 12 hours after I started this thread. I receive 4 emails from Redemption Finder this morning about January flights being released!

BA are watching!!
mattyw, T8191 and mikeyfly like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: BA, Virgin, Emirates, SAA, Kenya Airways, Hilton, Radisson, IHG group
Originally Posted by Cris L
Cape Town is 2x 747 ex LHR, and then a less than daily service ex LGW on a 747.

I believe that the airport is not capable of A380 service, or both BA & EK would be flying A380.
I never knew that Cris! I've often moaned about being on that 747 to Cape Town as I think they wheel out their oldest ones for it - but never knew that the airport couldn't accommodate the A380
Old May 17, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Ziggy1
I've often moaned about being on that 747 to Cape Town as I think they wheel out their oldest ones for it - but never knew that the airport couldn't accommodate the A380
I believe (from previous discussions about CPT) that this is being worked on, but it's the sort of project that takes years not months.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.