Afternoon tea....without any tea

Old May 16, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: AA EXP
I always enjoy these threads on the BA board - so much better-natured than one can ever hope for on the AAdvantage one...

(in any case, since BoB started, I have refused to even look at the menu - I'm not paying Ł2.50 for a cup of tea.)
DeathSlam and strickerj like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HMPS
T8191 was your bride part of the focus group at BA when they redesigned the afternoon tea ?
She is studiously ignored by BA, being a woman of a certain age. The best she achieves is being "Passenger #2 " on our bookings. Although, that said, she was sent a Nunwood [her first] after our recent trip as Pax2 ... for which I was the lead Pax and had paid for the flights! Even our last Lounge visit had the Agent asking if she was my guest, despite her gold-ness being clearly displayed on her BP.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by T8191
She is studiously ignored by BA, being a woman of a certain age. The best she achieves is being "Passenger #2 " on our bookings. Although, that said, she was sent a Nunwood [her first] after our recent trip as Pax2 ... for which I was the lead Pax and had paid for the flights! Even our last Lounge visit had the Agent asking if she was my guest, despite her gold-ness being clearly displayed on her BP.
Bad form BA. Incidentally, that actually often happens when I travel with my partner (whom you would certainly not characterise as of a certain age). It happens often that people ask if she is my guest despite her being a fully independent GGL/CCR cardholder, to which one of us usually replies that we are guesting each other.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by HMPS
"That will be 7 GBP with a scone, sir ".
"Hahahaha just joking Sir. It'll be Ł7.50."
wrp96 likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:28 am

Would this be deemed a 'Fish Supper' in BA speak?

Old May 16, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by passy777

Those chips look a lot nicer than the scones though! - Although that parsley thinggie looks superfluous to me and distracts from the relevant elements!
origin, passy777 and strickerj like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:49 am

Yep! "A portion of traditional British chips served with a dip. You may choose to add cod, haddock or an espresso martini."
NickB, origin, Sealink and 9 others like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Loved this comment in the Indy:
Pay them with "afternoon cash", A wildly indulgent credit card, for fulfilling your desires. Pair it with a bank account for actual payment.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold

Chippy Chips!!!
Old May 16, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
Loved this comment in the Indy:
That's actually really clever! ^
wrp96 likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:13 am

"We offer a vast selection of options with which you can pair our delicious and popular fish supper including fish, beef or pork!"
passy777 and strickerj like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by _nate
"We offer a vast selection of options with which you can pair our delicious and popular fish supper including fish, beef or pork!"
Hi @_nate, you forgot to add the disclaimer .....

"We offer a vast selection of options with which you can pair our delicious and popular fish supper including fish, beef or pork!" ***

We are unable to offer Kosher or Halal variations of the beef or pork on Euro Traveller flights with the exception of flights to (and not from) Athens, Bucharest, Istanbul, Kiev, Larnaca, Sofia and St Petersburg.
passy777 likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.

I hope not as those look more like french fries and not proper chips. Also you NEVER serve mayonnaise with chips!!!
Old May 16, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by icegirl
I hope not as those look more like french fries and not proper chips. Also you NEVER serve mayonnaise with chips!!!
Isn't mayonnaise actually quite normal with pomme frites?
origin, Sealink and orbitmic like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
So having waded all the way through this thread and given the odds-on chances of their being no scones left anyway on the flight, where is the best place in T5 to get a cream tea (I don't need the sandwiches)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.