Community
Wiki Posts
Search

using 2 lloyds upgrade vouchers

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
using 2 lloyds upgrade vouchers

Does anyone have experience of using 1 Lloyds upgrade voucher to book 2x one ways then using another voucher (arriving a few months later) to add return leg?
I know you can do this using a 2-4-1 voucher but was unsure on Lloyds rules.
Thanks.
Old May 11, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Do you need the bookings to be linked. Where are you going, because the only reason to want them linked is different carrier surcharges (a penalty if it’s the Americas).

Their systems aren’t very flexible so I think it would be unlikely.
Old May 12, 2019, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Yes I would like the bookings to effectively form return tickets for 2.
On BA metal.
Old May 12, 2019, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by AleTrail
On BA metal.
I believe this isn’t possible.
A voucher can be used by one person for a return trip OR by 2 people to book one way journey.
Old May 12, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I did exactly this a few months ago. Ex INV to HKG outbound for 2, to avoid APD was one voucher. HKG to ABZ inbound for 2, to avoid YQ was second voucher. Ended up with 2 PNRs since it was two one ways and not a return journey per se.
As I recall total was just over 90k avios and Ł600.
All done on phone with very competent agent
Old May 12, 2019, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by AleTrail
On BA metal.
But just to be clear: you can absolutely use one voucher for UK-XXX and another for XXX-UK, 2 people each way. They will be two separate trips but is that a problem for you? The only downsides are that cancelling will mean two lots of cancellation fees, and to some destinations (west) the fees will be higher (but generally east they are lower).
Old May 12, 2019, 7:40 am

The OP was clear on the fact that he wants it to be on one ticket not 2 separate.
Old May 12, 2019, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
The OP was clear on the fact that he wants it to be on one ticket not 2 separate.
So the best answer is a flat “No” when there’s a work around that usually works fine?

In particular the website makes it appear that you cannot book a one way, so it’s quite reasonable to think the OP doesn’t know their options.
Old May 12, 2019, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Depending of course on the route and dates, two one way tickets (out and back) are usually much more expensive than one round trip.
Old May 12, 2019, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Depending of course on the route and dates, two one way tickets (out and back) are usually much more expensive than one round trip.
To the best of my knowledge, only the Americas are “much more expensive” so that’s about 60 of 200 destinations, hardly “usually”.

And even then one still might use a voucher and pay Ł400 extra if they haven’t got the 50k+ miles potentially saved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.