FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1969109-bringing-mcdonalds-food-into-ba-first-class.html)

T8191 May 28, 2019 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by DCAFly (Post 31146130)
A&W burger with a DQ Blizzard as a chaser. That's a preview of heaven.

Please tell me you’re not British. :D

enviroian May 28, 2019 12:46 pm

This should really be about bringing on food on to a plane in general as some foods can be very smelly and I find people that bring really greasy and gross food onto a plane 100% clueless and manner less. If I ever bring food onto a plane it's normally a turkey and tomato sandwich that's it.
Having attempted to eat BA food in the past I can at least partly understand why this kid brought a bag on board
LOL

DeathSlam May 28, 2019 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Cloudship (Post 31139781)
So is it then acceptable to take a Five guys burger on board, but not a McDonald's?

No 5G smells much more than McD. Much nicer to eat I will agree.
I searched for 5G near me and I seem to be in a Petri dish exclusion zone, there's a ring of them about 40 miles from where I live.

DCAFly May 28, 2019 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 31146568)
Please tell me you’re not British. :D

I'm what was referred to upthread as a "passenger with a first-class ticket" v. a first-class passenger.

Though, apart from the odd power/cliff/luna bar, I can't remember the last time I brought food onto a plane.

mmxbreaks May 28, 2019 5:09 pm

I hope there was BBQ sauce... Not worth it otherwise.

teddybear99 May 28, 2019 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 31088482)
Just clicked on this thread and seen we’re up to page 7 already, oh goody! 😁

Your post (#94) on this thread is actually on page 3 for me as you can change the number of posts per page up to a maximum of 40/page which saves a lot of time for me loading onto my PC.

^

@:-)

FFlash Jan 6, 2022 7:42 am

Fun thread😁
What if someone buys an F product and is so careless to note there is a lounge included and sinoly buys Mc food thinking he she is not sure if food is available onboard!

TTmex Jan 6, 2022 7:51 am

Ah, this thread has resurfaced. A classic.

To be fair, based on some of the photos that people have been uploading of the efforts in CW, I'd suggest taking fast food on board is more than fair game these days.

Mac&Fries is the new Do&Co :D

IAMORGAN Jan 6, 2022 8:02 am

Anything foes in the new normal. And people should have their face covering on over their nose and mouth so shouldn’t be bothered by the smell either.

A P Yu Jan 6, 2022 8:15 am

Given that the aircraft smells of hydraulic fluid, bacon from this mornings breakfast, body odour and fart - yes even first class has these - food smells are superfluous.

ratechaser Jan 6, 2022 8:21 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu (Post 33876542)
Given that the aircraft smells of hydraulic fluid, bacon from this mornings breakfast, body odour and fart - yes even first class has these - food smells are superfluous.

i wonder if you'd still agree if someone brought
Surströmming or Durian on board to eat :D

EDIT... just noticed that the first of these 'delicacies' has apparently already been banned by BA. Still, at least there's always the chicken tikka masala to fall back on

flight125 Jan 6, 2022 8:41 am

That, to my mind, is excellent service.

RG1X Jan 6, 2022 8:47 am

Originally Posted by FFlash (Post 33876426)
Fun thread😁
What if someone buys an F product and is so careless to note there is a lounge included and sinoly buys Mc food thinking he she is not sure if food is available onboard!

I'll be honest, based on some of the food I've had in (remote) F Lounges, I'd probably take fast food over it (though not McDonalds, it's dire).

Donsyb Jan 6, 2022 8:53 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 33876559)

EDIT... just noticed that the first of these 'delicacies' has apparently already been banned by BA. Still, at least there's always the chicken tikka masala to fall back on

Durian should be banned everywhere - there’s a reason it’s banned on public transport in Singapore 😂

nufnuf77 Jan 6, 2022 10:01 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 33876559)

As much as i hate eating Durian, i dont find the smell quite so repulsive. I would gladly bring it onboard for my wife (indeed should do next time for fun) - she loves it. we keep half the freezer filled with ready to eat Durian in europe...