Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by dddc
Harsh. But they do say if you have special requirements to bring your own. I've just developed a rare condition and I can only eat McDonalds......
This is where being a vegetarian pays off ! You can get the Beyond Meat Burger !
Old May 24, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
There was a woman on the Jubilee Line this morning eating a Bacon and Egg McMuffin (with BBQ sauce).

The Jubilee line is pretty unpleasant at rush hour, what with having to wait for multiple trains before actually managing to squeeze on one, it's hot, it's crowded and it's sweaty. So add in someone having a McDonald's and it makes for a very unpleasant journey. The young woman next me had to spend the entire journey with her hand over her mouth and nose.

While it's not quite BA F, I would say the woman bringing smelly food on a rush hour tube train on a warm morning was being pretty selfish.

That said on the journey home yesterday, my face was in a man's very stinky armpit. I really couldn't choose which one I'd rather...
Old May 24, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by jdsworld
That said on the journey home yesterday, my face was in a man's very stinky armpit. I really couldn't choose which one I'd rather...
I would have a clear preference for McDonald's over a very stinky armpit, but appreciate we all have our own priorities...
Old May 24, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Independent
Have they recently changed the food at McDonald's in other countries? Given most of the options for on the go food in the US, McDonald's is probably one of the less smelly options. I can't say I have ever eaten at a foreign McDonald's, so maybe they have different aromas over there?
CoweyB likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Have they recently changed the food at McDonald's in other countries? Given most of the options for on the go food in the US, McDonald's is probably one of the less smelly options. I can't say I have ever eaten at a foreign McDonald's, so maybe they have different aromas over there?
I have been very puzzled by this thread and in particular the presumption that Chicken Nuggets are smelly. I declare myself to be a moderate user of McDonalds (probably once a month) and in my experience nuggets barely smell at all, fries smell much more and a burger maybe a bit more than nuggets.

When I am noodled out in SE Asia, or had too many kebabs in Turkey, I sometimes have a McDonalds to remind me of home. What I always notice (or should that be “am frightened by”) is how identical a Big Mac tastes around the world. With the exception of sometimes seeing a different shape of tomato, they all look and taste pretty much identical.

Would that BA service was as homogeneous as the McDonald’s burger!

I have already decided that on my next visit to McDonald’s I shall get nuggets which I will sniff well before eating and I shall report back if this thread is still going strong.
Old May 24, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by CoweyB

I have been very puzzled by this thread and in particular the presumption that Chicken Nuggets are smelly. I declare myself to be a moderate user of McDonalds (probably once a month) and in my experience nuggets barely smell at all, fries smell much more and a burger maybe a bit more than nuggets.
I worked in McDonalds in 1998/1999 as a student and I don't recall nuggets being strong smelling at all, however the accompanying sauces are rather strong smelling. And of course, you cannot eat chicken nuggets alone as they are rather tasteless without sauce (in my view anyway.)
CoweyB likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC "I'm blue Da ba dee da ba di", Skywards Blue, Miles & More (very passive)
I can recommend peppermint for smelly situations (food, not enough deodorant, too much deodorant, sewage). For me usually a Fisherman's Friend in lighter cases or two to three drops of mint oil directly on the tongue in worse cases help a lot.
A bottle of mint oil is most of the time the only liquid I have in my carry-on (in a small zip loc bag for screening and in case of spillage), it also helps a lot when I get a clogged nose on flights.
wrp96 likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Cloudship
lol. no. Chicken nuggets have little or no smell - especially when almost cold (which happens pretty quickly).

Certainly nothing compared to some fish dishes heated up in the galley
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: Free agent
I wonder if I've ever deeply offended anyone when bringing Shake Shack on my TATL flights out of T4 at JFK. I'm always back in steerage so I'm hoping the deadly wafts of delicious meat didn't reach the upturned noses towards the front.
Old May 24, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I wonder if I've ever deeply offended anyone when bringing Shake Shack on my TATL flights out of T4 at JFK. I'm always back in steerage so I'm hoping the deadly wafts of delicious meat didn't reach the upturned noses towards the front.
Who knows a couple of them might hunger for it !
Old May 24, 2019, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HMPS
Who knows a couple of them might hunger for it !
I suspect more than a couple would rather be served fast food instead of a formal type meal service. I certainly wouldn't mind. Time's are changing in premium air travel as it becomes much more affordable.
Old May 25, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
I once brought a burger I got from GoldCoast Dogs stand in Chicago Ohare. Flew Alaska ORD to SEA in Y and the smell of the burger got a comment from an FA of how tasty my burger was judging from the smell of it. Maybe that was a sarcastic comment after all.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by SpeedAdvantage
I once brought a burger I got from GoldCoast Dogs stand in Chicago Ohare. Flew Alaska ORD to SEA in Y and the smell of the burger got a comment from an FA of how tasty my burger was judging from the smell of it. Maybe that was a sarcastic comment after all.
Yes, this is a perfect example of passive-aggressive culture of the Pacific Northwest. CC must have been royally annoyed to go as far as making a comment instead of just covering his/her nose when approaching your seat.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by SpeedAdvantage
What makes you assume the FA was being sarcastic?
Old May 25, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by luitje

Yes, this is a perfect example of passive-aggressive culture of the Pacific Northwest. CC must have been royally annoyed to go as far as making a comment instead of just covering his/her nose when approaching your seat.
To be fair, I opened my burger during the snack service and the crew just happens to serve me my drink when they saw my snack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.