Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Old May 14, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: Delta
McDonalds, who cares?

I was on a flight from ATL to Argentina on Delta.
My Delta One upgrade did not come through and obviously they did not know who I am.

I knew I would have to suffer the discomfort of Delta Economy Comfort, and the marginal meal service on a twelve hour flight. At Atlanta Hartsfield International Terminal there is a Varsity hamburger stand. I brought two Varsity chili burgers and onion rings as my take-out meal onto the Delta 777. Consumed them in an orderly fashion on board the plane. Only snobbery encountered was from the male Delta FA. Seat belt sign was on and I handed the boxed residue to the gaucho looking dude. His reaction looked like I handed him human waste. Would I have taken my Varsity burgers into Delta One...Probably! Paying a lot of $$$ for the seat and I will eat what I please.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
There was a family friend who used to bring a can of caviar onto the plane into first class. He would give the bottle to the stewardess and ask if she could serve it with his dinner.
When he was often asked by jealous seat mates who hadn't witnessed the initial encounter, why he received this and he hadn't and would reply that he was a special level of traveller.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:11 pm

Smile read to the end of the thread

I read the whole thread--can I have my HappyMeal prize now?
Old May 14, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
With Gatwick advertising that you can take food on board I can't see that any of us can complain...

alex67500 and diburning like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Perhaps if they were called "nuggets de poulet"?
Got me wondering what they call them in French Canadian McD's.

morceaux de Poulet McCroquettes

LOL
Old May 14, 2019, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bambinomartino

LOL
I've no idea, but to the extent that Quebecois tend to be very literal, the most logical would be "Mc Pepites de poulet".
Old May 14, 2019, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by PDXREX62
Let me answer your first question: Yes, you are being snooty. SNOOTY! Let me tell you, I would rather sit in the seat adjacent to the McD's "offender than sit next to you. You might complain that the laces of my sneakers aren't properly tied or that I don't have the proper grasp of my champagne flute.
Are you telling us that you don't know how to hold a champagne glass? OK, just kidding.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:37 pm

If we all followed ur lead internet traffic would collapse (God forbid). Voice of reason is seldom heard over the din.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I've no idea, but to the extent that Quebecois tend to be very literal, the most logical would be "Mc Pepites de poulet".
It is morceaux de Poulet McCroquettes

https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/fr-ca/p...mcnuggets.html
orbitmic and alex67500 like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Jagboi
It is morceaux de Poulet McCroquettes
https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/fr-ca/p...mcnuggets.html
I misunderstood the previous post - I thought the op was asking while indeed he/she was providing the answer! ^ What an ugly translation those Quebecois have provided!! Whether aptly or not, "croquettes" has a bit of a tendency to evoke pet food in French!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bambinomartino

LOL
mais oui, bien sr
alex67500 likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is independent of what we think of his taste or etiquette. AFAIK he's not violating any BA rules although perhaps there should be a no smelly food rule to go with the no smelly people standard.
So no cheese for the smelly?
Old May 14, 2019, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Aren’t McD chicken nuggets made with the same stuff they use for breast implants? I’m sure I read that somewhere.

You are confusing "chicks" with "chickens"
Old May 14, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I misunderstood the previous post - I thought the op was asking while indeed he/she was providing the answer! ^ What an ugly translation those Quebecois have provided!! Whether aptly or not, "croquettes" has a bit of a tendency to evoke pet food in French!
Quebec is... special. Language police there is out of control. A few years ago they went after an Italian restaurant in Quebec for having the word "pasta" on its menu.

Funny how McDonald's in France calls them "Chicken McNuggets", but not in Quebec. Non!

However, not to be outdone, McDonald's French site will NOT reveal its secret content unless I try to access it within France. I get a white background with their logo only and the message: "Le contenu de cette page n’est pas disponible depuis votre position gographique."
orbitmic and wrp96 like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:51 pm
Suspended

I prefer taking KFC instead of McDonalds into First class

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.