Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would it be acceptable in Business (Club World)?
Old May 10, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Passenger brings McDonald's on board... What's the big deal? Last time I travelled in First- burgers and fries were on the BA menu . Admittedly they tarted it up in how it was described and presented, but it was just a burger and fries.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:15 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I think McD nuggets are superb and they don’t smell bad. The fries tend to be more pungent.
I would have no issue at all with the passenger in 1A- I think it’s a much better accompaniment to the pre-departure LPGS than anything BA serves (which I think is nothing anyway). Always good to have some food with an alcoholic beverage.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
McD's not acceptable in biz- Taco Bell !

To the poster who would bring the burger on board- not healthier than BA's but smells better.

I have had some really unacceptable meals in first on BA. If I lived in NYC I would bring my own pastrami sandwich. I have 6 BA first flights coming up later this month. I am in 1A on 5 of them so it won't happen but I'll report back if 1A has a meal on the other (I'm in 1K).
MiraculousM and scfw0x0f like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
In my household we regularly eat McDonald's with a bottle of Krug or Bolly. It's lovely.

As for those of you going on about the smell, get a grip. Nuggets don't smell more or less intrusively than the food served by the crew.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Worrying about what other people do or not do is so middle class... Back to premium economy with you!
sarahuk, Stez, Twickenham and 5 others like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Flying back from Kuala Lumpur recently, the new Queen of Malaysia was last to board. Very pleasant and down to Earth woman she is too, happy to converse with her neighbours. Declined the dinner service offering, saying she had had a Burger King in the airport before the flight !
Old May 10, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
I couldnt care less. The smell doesnt bother me, especially knowing what flying does to my intestine and the unavoidable emissions my tummy can generate once we're in flight!
Stez and PJSMITH0 like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
I agree about the smell, but the air conditioning on a modern airliner should mitigate that. On older models, it might be a different story...

mrow, Stez, muji and 4 others like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
There’s worst smell than Mc D’s for me and that’s fish, the smell makes me heave and on my last flight in Y the second meal read snack was salmon I asked if there was something else and got a firm no nothing! (I would have eaten it a little later) and I spent the next 5 mins trying not to be sick.
John
Magic01273 likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I'm not sure what difference it makes what class the passenger who is bringing on their own food is flying in, but I digress.

I have on a rare occasion brought some fast food on board because I was either starving, and knew I wasn't going to get anything to eat for another 30-45 minutes, or I'd previewed the menu offerings, and realized that none of them were to my taste (picky eater).

I do understand the "smell" factor though, and have tried to be conscientious about that with my choices. On the other hand, I, for example, can not stand the smell of yogurt, yet it seems to be a common offering for breakfast on many western airlines. I just deal with it. Also, I will never forget a Finnair flight I was on in J, where they served the most pungent smelling salmon dish I can recall. It permeated the whole cabin. And I like salmon, but even I was overwhelmed by the oily fish aroma that didn't dissipate for hours.
jgor likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by blueflyer3
Personally, the classiness of the food itself is less of concern to me than the smell. Though it could be worse (read: durian or natto).
If someone brought durian on a plane I would open the exit door and boot them out of it, there's a reason it's banned on all transport in south-east Asia.
Sparkyfletch and TTmex like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Misco60
Hot takeaway food should not be allowed on any public transport (and is, in fact, banned on many bus and train companies) because of the smell.
Why, does hot takeaway food smell more than hot airline provided food? Fish is pretty smelly, so is curry - two major BA staples.
trooper, muji and rickg523 like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Aren’t McD chicken nuggets made with the same stuff they use for breast implants? I’m sure I read that somewhere.

Anyway, 1A sounds like they type who would wear brown shoes with a blue suit...<shudder>.
redrob and champus like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Confession time. I’ve taken a Carl’s Jr on board in F and J a few times on the late flight back from Vegas. There’s one near the gate. Normally cutting it fine at the airport, lounge mediocre and an urgent need to catch up on some sleep make it a logical choice. Certainly was better and quicker than that offered on the plane and it helped with awful hangovers etc.
woglet86 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.