Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Perhaps it was the Loonmander in Chief, who seems to only eat MacD's. You are lucky he wasn't up in the cockpit wanting to show he can fly the plane...
Temedar and downinit like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:01 pm

Absolutely outrageous!!

To think that people on public transport are allowed to do what they want as long as confirming with BA rules. It’s just like when I see a young child in F/J!!

do these people not understand that I’ve paid for my F ticket and I want the full sense of entitlement that comes with a PJ.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lipsum
This incident just proves that money and etiquette don't go hand-in-hand.

I do think the proper response is to overlook this behavior. But it would bother me a bit. I also find it sad so many people have such an eating "culture". This morning, I sat on the tram and a college student apparently had to use the <15 min ride to have breakfast. She had a box prepared with yogurt, muesli, and fruit and make lots of clinging noises as she seemed to aim for cleaning the bowl completely with her (metal) spoon.
I tend to remember that not everyone has the priviledge of eating at home. Many people where I live have to get up at 4.30am to be on the public transport by 5.30am to change bus twice, get on the metro and arrive 8.30am in the office. They then have to work until 8pm, take 3 hours to get home, arrive 11pm and go through the same routine the next day. It's simply not possible for them to have their meals in a fixed place.

I've come to accept that eating in public is a fairly normal thing these days. If she has prepared stuff, great. It's not possible to eat at cafes/restaurants etc every day, especially when some people's wages are so low. Bringing food from home is the logical thing, especially when one is a college student on no money and high fees.

Not meaning to get at you here, just looking at it from the perspective of those who don't have the option to eat 3 meals sat at a table.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by lipsum
This incident just proves that money and etiquette don't go hand-in-hand.

I do think the proper response is to overlook this behavior. But it would bother me a bit. I also find it sad so many people have such an eating "culture". This morning, I sat on the tram and a college student apparently had to use the <15 min ride to have breakfast. She had a box prepared with yogurt, muesli, and fruit and make lots of clinging noises as she seemed to aim for cleaning the bowl completely with her (metal) spoon.
I would take this over people using headphones listening to music that you can hear anyway, people talking loundly on a mobile phone. I really do not see what the issue with if someone decides they wish to eat on a plane or a tram as long as they dont leave a mess behind or use more than their allocated space. Just because it isn't what I woudl choose to do I don't see how it interfers with me at all.

What is the big difference between eating a McDonalds on the plane or eating food served by crew, clearly it is acceptable to eat on the plane and they have no rules about not bringing your own food on. As for etiquette, so what if not using a knife and folk many cultures dont and some of the best tasting food I have ever had is street food in some countries, why because I generally use a crockery and cutlery does that make my etiquette better than someone who does't as long as they don't leave a mess for others to deal with!

More tolerance of things that wouldn't appeal to us but don't have a negative impact on us would gfo a long way in this world rather than looking down our noses at people because we feel they lack certain social etiquette or are somehow beneth us because they choose something they enjoy that we do not and don't know why they do!
Old May 10, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by TheOldMan
I wonder what wine one would choose to complement a Maccie D meal ?
rootbeer?
Old May 10, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
TTmex likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
i suspect there are both generational and cultural issues at play on this thread, especially as highlighted by TTmex.

That said, I wonder what the reaction would be in ‘a fine dining at 0 ft’ restaurant if I brought in my own starter?
muji and TTmex like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
There's special menus for religious reasons served on board, but none for passengers who like plain, ordinary food, so I hat-tip the passenger's enterprise in self-catering their needs.
muji, cme17, PJSMITH0 and 3 others like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
. If he wanted to dine on 2 kilos of haribo, I couldn't care less.
mmmmm now you're talking... Gourmet dining at it's finest 😂
orbitmic and nk15 like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
muji likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie405
Personally I don't give two hoots what other passengers choose to eat, and that includes passengers in F. If someone has a craving for nuggets, so be it. If they also wanted a BrewDog IPA to go with it rather than LPGS then that's fine too. I don't think it's any of the crew's business either. I think people need to wind their neck in and mind their own business a bit more.
I agree with this but for the smell. It can be quite imposing in a confined cabin. Anything that doesn't smell, fill yer boots.

That said, galley smells often waft through too, and if you're waiting to be fed that can get pretty frustrating.
orbitmic, volar and DiamondMile like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheOldMan
I wonder what wine one would choose to complement a Maccie D meal ?
How is that even a question?! A StroopWaffle McFlurry of course!
Old May 10, 2019, 12:49 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
There's special menus for religious reasons served on board, but none for passengers who like plain, ordinary food, so I hat-tip the passenger's enterprise in self-catering their needs.
My kids (in their 30’s) always take a burger on board in first as they just don’t like the “fancy” food on board. I’m a pretty plain eater myself and have taken my own food when there was nothing on the first menu that suited my taste. As for the smell it wouldn’t bother me as I’ll take that over garlic which literally makes me gip
BlueThroughCrimp and MimiB22 like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
This thread has tickled me, one could almost say "I'm Lovin' It"

salut0, IntVic, Stez and 4 others like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Personally I wouldn’t care - live and let live. If it stinks out the cabin then I can see there’s possibly an issue but really nuggets don’t smell too bad.
Gino Troian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.