Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Old May 14, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Shuttle_Endeavour
I’ve been led to believe this is why you rarely find lamb / mutton on menus in Japan. Having never been there, I can neither confirm nor deny...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I can't recall seeing sheep in Asia. I've seen (live and at least semi-wild) deer in Japan, but I've never noticed venison on the menu except in French restaurants in Tokyo.
I've been to a Chinese restaurant that served lamb. Japanese loved it (all the customers were Japanese in fact).
Definitely lots of sheep in China.
Old May 14, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta, BA, SW
I hate the smell of coffee and it's everywhere!
Old May 14, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
Not going to lie. I was about to bring a WHSmith meal deal sandwich onto my (Tuesday) flight BA7 to HND in First. As it was boarding at C55 near enough right opposite a Smiths. Probably only a cheese sandwich, as the onboard menu didnt take my fancy at all. However arrived during boarding and to be fair I was going to sleep most of the flight, so I could just graze the onboard meals. In all excellent flight with superb crew, with only 8 passengers in the cabin.

Hopefully if I did go ahead with my meal deal. A cheese sandwich, a mars bar and a Dr Pepper would not be too smelly to upset the rest of the cabin. On my return next Thursday is there anywhere at Heneda airport to pick up a bento box? I promise no fish and no curries, i'll pick something non smelly.

Bri
Old May 14, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Centurion, HH Diam
I've asked for something other than the slob they served in F - ended up with a crew sandwich which was decent. Personally I don't give AF what others think when I fly F - I've paid for it - mind your own business.
JMorgana likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I got a bit of a chuckle out of these comments. My wife is the opposite. She LOVES the smell of coffee, the stronger the better, but can not stand the taste. She has fallen for it quite a few times where she will smell the aromas of my espresso, I convince her to try it, and then I get to laugh as she makes a face and goes for a glass of water immediately.
I’m the same way and been there, done that! I love the smell, but just can’t get on with the taste. Last time I tried it was when I got an espresso coffee maker as my anniversary gift from my company a few years back (although I don’t drink coffee, it was the most expensive gift in the service catalog and my Scottish “frugalness” shone through and I wanted to “get my money’s worth” and besides, my wife loves coffee). We brewed up a small cup and it smelled delicious, so I tried a small sip. Blecko, screwed up face, glass of water and then a cup of Earl Grey using the instant hot water feature on the espresso machine!
Old May 14, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
I can't recall seeing sheep in Asia. I've seen (live and at least semi-wild) deer in Japan, but I've never noticed venison on the menu except in French restaurants in Tokyo.
One of the best restaurants in Tokyo is called 'The Sheep Restautant' and it is owned by a Japanese guy married to an HK lady whose family moved to India. Booking is a must.

I presume you mean the Far East, so I will just say lamb is a major staples of Sichuan and Hunan cuisine in Southwest China as well as Peking and Inner Mongolian food in the north. The Lamb from the Southwest is usually dripping in chillies (real Kung Pau Lamb not the timid imitation Chicken style one finds in the US) whereas in the North it is barbequed or roasted. Both are delicious.

For the rest of Asia you cannot get far from sheep anywhere in the Middle East, Iran, and Indian sub-continent.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:40 pm
formerly dave h.

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can SEA it from here!
Programs: SkyMiles, IHG nobody, HH nobody
i'm a extremely picky eater and don't really care for the fancy-shmancy "chef curated" airline meals. a few mains are ok, and i'll usually pre-order a seafood option (on Turkish, yum!) if available, but it's the extras that get to me, the salads, fruit, and cheeses. ugh. my tray usually gets collected with more left on it than was eaten.

i didn't know that bringing your own food on board was even an option, so maybe i'll do that next time.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:36 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I've been to a Chinese restaurant that served lamb. Japanese loved it (all the customers were Japanese in fact).
Definitely lots of sheep in China.
there are several lamb restaurants in Seoul...
Old May 15, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: EK, VA, QF, AC etc
Originally Posted by TomMM
Reminds me of a LH IST-FRA flight a few years ago. The guy in the middle seat next to me, wearing a tank top, upon landing pulled out a stick of deodorant and applied it to his underarms. What's funny is I don't remember him having any noticeable BO.
I've certainly been known to apply it during flight (usually in the smallest room on the plane ), particularly on multi-leg flights and especially after an overnight leg. One just gets a little self conscious after umpteen-mumble-hours since getting on the first flight of the "day".

But the bliss of then landing somewhere like SIN with showers .....

And I've definitely been known to eat before push-back, knowing that it'll be at least an hour between the gate and the food trolley getting to me. But it's usually something from a vending machine at the last petrol station I filled up at.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: Meh
Not reading the whole thread but I have only ever seen this in the States where passengers have brought all kinds of fast food on board. Of course the smell is the annoying part.
If I read this right the 1A passenger was a young person who probably very much wants chicken nuggets over some fancy sounding F dish, so I understand it.
So each to their own, I would have sipped my champagne and enjoyed the view out the window and relaxed before a long flight. The crew's attitude is poor.
This forum always amuses me with the range of views from current to Edwardian.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by stevie
This forum always amuses me with the range of views from current to Edwardian.
Amusing so we go from Politically Correct intolerance all the way back to Socially Correct intolerance,

I guess the 1960s was the midpoint..................................take me back Austin Powers style!
Old May 15, 2019, 5:55 am

Venison is known for being consumed in Hokkaido. Similarly, goat meat is eaten in the southern parts of Okinawa. I would rate goat noodles as the smelliest dish I've ever tasted. As for the whole thread, JAL serve KFC in economy occasionally and this does not stink out the cabin, even though you might expect it to, so I doubt someone's nuggets across the aisle in first would.

I must confess that I once brought a can of Red Bull into the first class cabin on BA and requested some vodka to go with it. One of my relatives would have been appalled because she frequently complains about the smell of such things!
Old May 15, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Maybe it has nothing to do with smells or bringing one's own food or drink on board. Maybe it's more a case that some out there don't like the people who like McDonalds. Is it that "those types of people shouldn't be in First Class?"

(I'm parodying a quote from the TV show "The West Wing" but I just bring up the point for this board's wisened consideration.)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, EK Gold.
I was on an Easyjet from Ibiza to Gatwick a few years ago when a fella walked on with a stinking bag of Burger King. The cabin crew told him he had to eat it before he got on!
Old May 15, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC
I didn’t know McDonalds do food...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.