Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at Madrid Airport

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Lounge at Madrid Airport

I understand the T4S Lounge is open 24 hours. If I’m travelling from T4 will I be able to access it ?
Old May 9, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Which airline are you flying?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19761529-post31.html

As per the main lounge thread It is indeed 24 hours
Old May 9, 2019, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
No, unless you are connecting from a non-Schengen flight arriving into T4S and departing on a non-Schengen flight departing T4 (UK, Ireland & Croatia essentially).
Old May 9, 2019, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BA6501
No, unless you are connecting from a non-Schengen flight arriving into T4S and departing on a non-Schengen flight departing T4 (UK, Ireland & Croatia essentially).
Thanks. Thought that might be the case.

Going to the Champions League final and can’t find accommodation so was going to crash in the lounge.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I suppose it's worth a try, now that there are automated gates (and therefore you're not asked for a boarding pass any longer at immigration) - though they might be turned off, or the lounge might not admit you.

I believe the Priority Pass lounge in T4S is also 24 hours though, if you have access.

Otherwise, maybe worth changing your flight to a BA operated one (first one around 10:55)?
Old May 10, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Otherwise, maybe worth changing your flight to a BA operated one (first one around 10:55)?
Over Champion's League weekend the BA flight will probably be as pricey as the accom the OP doesn't want to pay !
Old May 10, 2019, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you are flying IB from T4 you won't be allowed into T4S.

Madrid has a lot of hotel space. I would have thought that 65,000 football fans would be a drop in the bucket compared to some of the massive trade fairs that Madrid hosts. I suspect that rooms will open up as people start releasing room reservations. (Barcelona and Ajax supporters might have logically booked something last weekend...)
Old May 10, 2019, 1:42 am
Suspended

Last year my IB flights were AGP-MAD-LGW, I arrived at T4 from AGP, went to T4S and visited the lounge, then went back to T4 to get the flight to LGW. I remember going through security.

The rest area in T4S is not very big, you’d probably need to get there early to get a bed.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you are flying IB from T4 you won't be allowed into T4S.

Madrid has a lot of hotel space. I would have thought that 65,000 football fans would be a drop in the bucket compared to some of the massive trade fairs that Madrid hosts. I suspect that rooms will open up as people start releasing room reservations. (Barcelona and Ajax supporters might have logically booked something last weekend...)
On checking 1st June overnight stay - airport rooms + £1000 a night, and ropey hostels over £600
Old May 10, 2019, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
On checking 1st June overnight stay - airport rooms + £1000 a night, and ropey hostels over £600
I'm not suggesting booking today. I'm suggesting checking hotels again the week before the match. Rates will drop once hotels know they aren't selling out...

But if it's truly that bad then you could book the cheapest one-way T4S flight you can find, or use Avios... Morocco or somewhere... go to the T4S lounge and then head back to T4 for your actual flight.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
Thanks. Thought that might be the case.

Going to the Champions League final and can’t find accommodation so was going to crash in the lounge.
I might be able to put you up on a couch in the center.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I'd say just stay out. Spain runs super late on a Sat night anyway and you may as well just spend the money on nice food.

Or..... (real wildcard thinking here)

Just buy a tent from a local camping shop and sleep in a park in your disposable tent. Then, next day, pack it up, and go find a rough sleeper and offer them your tent for free.
HNL1K and sirkay like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:09 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
No, this definitely doesn't work - the ladies at the security/transfer desk in T4S won't allow you through with a T4 departing BP - I've tried.

Originally Posted by richardwft
Last year my IB flights were AGP-MAD-LGW, I arrived at T4 from AGP, went to T4S and visited the lounge, then went back to T4 to get the flight to LGW. I remember going through security.

The rest area in T4S is not very big, you’d probably need to get there early to get a bed.
So I'm amazed that richardwft managed - maybe the route from T4-T4S isn't so closely monitored...
Old May 10, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
No, this definitely doesn't work - the ladies at the security/transfer desk in T4S won't allow you through with a T4 departing BP - I've tried.

So I'm amazed that richardwft managed - maybe the route from T4-T4S isn't so closely monitored...
There's a passport check immediately after the lifts up from the link train. Can't remember if it's also a BP check.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Pascoe
I'd say just stay out. Spain runs super late on a Sat night anyway and you may as well just spend the money on nice food.
Of course, it's not for everyone, but this is exactly what I'd do if the prices for hotels remain ridiculous.

You won't have any trouble at all finding places in Madrid that stay open all night. If Liverpool win , start at Triskel Tavern near Metro Tribunal and go from there, as most of the regulars will be in the mood for an all-night celebration. It's usually open until well after 3, if memory serves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.