Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at Madrid Airport

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
No, this definitely doesn't work - the ladies at the security/transfer desk in T4S won't allow you through with a T4 departing BP - I've tried.
It definitely does work, as all non-Schengen flights departing from T4-main also have a 'gate' at T4S. Pax are taken by bus to the aircraft in T4. In fact, on the departure screens in T4S, you won't see e.g. IB3160 from gate Hxx, you'll see from gate Sxx.

Passengers who don't hold Schengen visas would otherwise be unable to transit non-Schengen to non-Schengen-but-T4 flights (and all others would need to enter Spain only to leave Spain a few minutes later).

Originally Posted by Pascoe
There's a passport check immediately after the lifts up from the link train. Can't remember if it's also a BP check.
It's a passport check - if using the e-gates, then no BP check. If going to a desk, then they'll ask for the BP. That said, I've been through a couple of (quiet) times since they installed the e-gates and they've been off, directing me to a desk instead - where I was asked for my BP.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:29 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by BA6501
It definitely does work, as all non-Schengen flights departing from T4-main also have a 'gate' at T4S. Pax are taken by bus to the aircraft in T4. In fact, on the departure screens in T4S, you won't see e.g. IB3160 from gate Hxx, you'll see from gate Sxx.

Passengers who don't hold Schengen visas would otherwise be unable to transit non-Schengen to non-Schengen-but-T4 flights (and all others would need to enter Spain only to leave Spain a few minutes later).
Sorry, I should have said that it didn't work for me. I have been through twice in the last 8 months or so, non-Schengen T4S arrival, non-Schengen T4 departure, and very firmly turned away from the transit security point in T4S and told to go to T4. In practice, how does that transfer work without having to clear immigration twice? I recall another occasion doing that in reverse, and there is a bus to collect at the arrival gate and take you to the non-Schengen area in the other terminal, but that wouldn't help in getting access to the lounge in T4S...
Old May 10, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Madrid has a lot of hotel space. I would have thought that 65,000 football fans would be a drop in the bucket compared to some of the massive trade fairs that Madrid hosts...
You are making the rational (but in this case incorrect) assumption that only people with tickets to the match will be travelling to Madrid...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.