FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA 275 LHR - LAS .... 90min delay onboard because of weather ?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1968797-ba-275-lhr-las-90min-delay-onboard-because-weather.html)

Bophopper May 8, 2019 11:51 am

BA 275 LHR - LAS .... 90min delay onboard because of weather ??

Plane already delayed 90 mins due to “late arrival of onboard craft” but once on board we’re now told another 90min delay due to weather.....

is is there something going on??

Plenty champagne going down so heyho.

flygirl68 May 8, 2019 11:58 am

I’m sure I heard there was thunderstorms forecast today. I wasn’t paying full attention so I didn’t hear when they were forecast. So maybe there is something hanging around. There have been some heavy showers on and off.

Heathrow Tower May 8, 2019 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Bophopper (Post 31080238)
Plane already delayed 90 mins due to “late arrival of onboard craft” but once on board we’re now told another 90min delay due to weather.....

is is there something going on??

Plenty champagne going down so heyho.

Yes, without wishing to sound facile, lots of bad weather on my morning shift, with lots of departure restrictions and weather avoiding.

xtra1 May 8, 2019 12:11 pm

Hail, thunder and heavy rain; interspersed with a bit of sunshine. Here in SW10...on the flightpath into London.

fluffymitten May 8, 2019 12:24 pm

Believe many outstations have also had weather issues, which doesn't help.

ifearn0thing May 8, 2019 12:31 pm

LHR seems fairly hard done today. Sitting on standby on BA1420 right now - not estimated to be on the runway for another half an hour. Noticed several other flights also delayed or cancelled.

Bophopper May 8, 2019 12:38 pm

push back at 1936 .... 2hr and 56 min late ....
any comeback on this?

madfish May 8, 2019 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bophopper (Post 31080404)
any comeback on this?

No, if weather related

Geordie405 May 8, 2019 12:55 pm

Now on the other hand, it's a glorious day here in Las Vegas with the high expected to be 82F and a fair amount of sun!

Often1 May 8, 2019 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Bophopper (Post 31080404)
any comeback on this?

Extremely doubtful. Especially for WX conditions which arise in the moment,

The _Banking_Scot May 8, 2019 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 31080414)

No, if weather related

Hi,

And in addtion any compensation under the EU rules are based on arrival time and not departure time

Regards

TBS

antichef May 8, 2019 2:00 pm

I was on the 662 to LCA this morning and we had “late inbound aircraft “, followed by other reasons for late boarding. Then the usual dozen wheelchairs but prompt boarding. Then were informed of “weather delays” before moving off stand to allow next a/c in. Also informed of French ATC issues. Then an hour of driving around and parking up. Ground staff and air Crew were excellent at keeping us informed.

As we climbed it was very bumpy until we got to a good height.

It is just the normal rough and tumble of public transport!

Had an excellent crew on board who had to put up with some very annoyed pax complaining about things well beyond the ability of the flight attendants to magic better for them. Having dropped to a level that I no longer have a Golden Ticket to issue I thanked them for their good service (which CIHY thinks more useful and personal I believe ��)

flatlander May 8, 2019 2:34 pm

There was some pretty harsh weather - intense rain with lightning - around London this afternoon. Not good flying weather at all.

It's unfortunate that you were delayed but this is circumstances outside the airline's control. I suggest you ask Zeus or Thor for compensation regarding thunderbolts.

Swanhunter May 8, 2019 2:36 pm

Bad weather + insanely busy Heathrow is always going to be painful. There is plenty that BA don’t get right but in that kind of situation there is little they can do.

corporate-wage-slave May 8, 2019 3:31 pm

It was one of those days today when almost all flights have the dreaded 2 lines on the Passenger Information Monitors. The second line giving a revised time. My NCL was one of the better ones (just 40 minutes late), though at the time there was only one cancellation (and Iberia MAD) - now swollen to 8 shorthauls. Only 5 services left on time this afternoon / evening, and the late EDIs and NCL still haven't left Heathrow yet. For some reason BWI was one of the worst service, 4.5 hours late departing, but plenty of services 1 - 3 hours late.