TSA pre at Mia...

Old May 7, 2019, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
TSA pre at Mia...

For the following readers...
The ba check in agent just sent me to checkpoint 4 for security with a fast track stamp on my BP even tho I asked her if there was TSA pre.. There is not. Its an incredibly slow checkpoint with one officer doing normal and FastTrack together.
Asked around and walked 5min to checkpoint 2. That's the only TSApre.. Extremely quick. Anytime again.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:02 am

Where is checkpoint 2 located in retaliation to BA check in desks?
Old May 8, 2019, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by twincheeks
Checkpoint 4 is located 2min to the left...
Checkpoint 2 is located 2min to the right.

Once thru you have to probably walk 5min to the flagship lounge from 2 instead of 2min from 4.
But nothing compared to the ease of TSA pre.

By the way the nice couple I met on the flight was sent to the admirals club instead of the flagship lounge by the check in lady. Disappointing.
Those little things that leave a bad impression on the customer..
Old May 8, 2019, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat

Once thru you have to probably walk 5min to the flagship lounge from 2 instead of 2min from 4.

By the way the nice couple I met on the flight was sent to the admirals club instead of the flagship lounge by the check in lady. Disappointing.
Slightly off topic but can anybody flying in BA First from MIA use the AA Flagship Lounge? I hold status with another airline not OW.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
For the following readers...
The ba check in agent just sent me to checkpoint 4 for security with a fast track stamp on my BP even tho I asked her if there was TSA pre.. There is not. Its an incredibly slow checkpoint with one officer doing normal and FastTrack together.
Asked around and walked 5min to checkpoint 2. That's the only TSApre.. Extremely quick. Anytime again.
...very useful info thanks!
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by jp-mco
Slightly off topic but can anybody flying in BA First from MIA use the AA Flagship Lounge? I hold status with another airline not OW.
BA F qualifies with a guest I think. J also qualifies without a guest...both regardless of status.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
Yeah it was pretty chaotic last time I was there - not only the lack of TSA Pre but one of the security checkpoints was closed so very long waits. Only just managed to have a little chill in the Flagship lounge which is very nice but definitely would have liked more time in there! Despite complete lack of anything there I'd def fly from FLL next time in the area was able to just roll into the airport an hour before my domestic flight and still be at the gate way too early. Though I realise I was lucky to have an early morning flight and that there weren't 3,000 cruise passengers leaving the same time as me!
Old May 8, 2019, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redeyedonkey
Yeah it was pretty chaotic last time I was there - not only the lack of TSA Pre but one of the security checkpoints was closed so very long waits. Only just managed to have a little chill in the Flagship lounge which is very nice but definitely would have liked more time in there! Despite complete lack of anything there I'd def fly from FLL next time in the area was able to just roll into the airport an hour before my domestic flight and still be at the gate way too early. Though I realise I was lucky to have an early morning flight and that there weren't 3,000 cruise passengers leaving the same time as me!
Again.. It's VERY easy if you use checkpoint 2 which is the AA checkpoint so close with TSA. It's a deal of minutes till you are in the flagship lounge and enjoy champagne and they had a well made sword fish filet today.
redeyedonkey likes this.

Last edited by Vasco Pridat; May 8, 2019 at 6:24 am
Old May 8, 2019, 9:50 am

Thumbs up

Thank you for the response.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Wbeest
BA F qualifies with a guest I think. J also qualifies without a guest...both regardless of status.
Brilliant! Thank you.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by twincheeks
Freudian slip?
Vasco Pridat and twincheeks like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Wbeest
If you are in First on BA you can also eat in the flagship lounge first dining, had some fairly decent food and great cocktails there on Saturday.

Old May 8, 2019, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joejet

If you are in First on BA you can also eat in the flagship lounge first dining, had some fairly decent food and great cocktails there on Saturday.

For real? Is that a new for. Miami? Or all flagships? No way..
First dining is supposed to be exclusive for AA first?
Old May 8, 2019, 7:45 pm

For real? Is that a new for. Miami? Or all flagships? No way..
First dining is supposed to be exclusive for AA first?
A bit of further research indicates that admission for BA First passengers to Flagship Dining may be a fairly recent change. Sam Chui wrote about it in this article (https://samchui.com/2019/01/26/revie.../#.XNOFkxbTWEc)

Last edited by jp-mco; May 8, 2019 at 7:53 pm
Old May 9, 2019, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by jp-mco

A bit of further research indicates that admission for BA First passengers to Flagship Dining may be a fairly recent change. Sam Chui wrote about it in this article (https://samchui.com/2019/01/26/revie.../#.XNOFkxbTWEc)
...hmmm...certainly looks worth a visit!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.