Not flying the final leg?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
You missed it before
Old May 7, 2019, 1:05 pm

Dropping last leg of TPR

Hey guys

Thoughts on dropping last leg, LHR - INV, of a TPR?

Have we heard any horror stories lately?

It's an AA ticket. Does this reduce the risks?

Thanks
Old May 7, 2019, 1:06 pm

Have a look here for the same (/similar) question:

orbitmic likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Long story short - in my five years on here there’s been one horror story only with Propeller, nothing else!
Old May 7, 2019, 1:17 pm

Thanks.

I am flying HBO. Just worried re. getting asked for money and/or seeing my Tier Points being deleted.

Would this action have to be taken by AA given it's their ticket?

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Have a look here for the same (/similar) question:

Old May 7, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by france77
I am flying HBO. Just worried re. getting asked for money and/or seeing my Tier Points being deleted.

Would this action have to be taken by AA given it's their ticket?
The answer isn't going to change just because you've asked the question again.

This has been asked countless times. It's ok to dump the last leg occasionally, but if you're worried then don't do it.
anniegray likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:02 pm

the thread I was directed to was all about luggage and dropping last leg of TPR.

Also, not everyone is glued to FlyerTalk 24h a day and reads every single post...
Old May 7, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Also, not everyone is glued to FlyerTalk 24h a day and reads every single post...
I suspect Misco60 was trying to suggest using the search function, not being glued to FT 24/7
orbitmic and anniegray like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I suspect Misco60 was trying to suggest using the search function, not being glued to FT 24/7
Misco60 was pointing out that the OP had previously asked the same question
Old May 8, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hey guys

Thoughts on dropping last leg, LHR - INV, of a TPR?

Have we heard any horror stories lately?

It's an AA ticket. Does this reduce the risks?

Thanks
I have had cause to do this a couple of times because of re-scheduling or re-scheduling of other flights. both times I have "informed" them by cancelling the last flight and claiming duty back (once successfully).

Just don't become a serial offender.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by dougzz
That's good information, had no idea of this, thank you.

I think mda03jb was referring to BA pricing policies rather than ADP rules, in regard to the INV returns, but maybe I misunderstood.
Correct!

I always prefer to take the day flights Eastbound TATL but have found this not possible multiple times over past year due to a fare restriction on connection times. The responses I got when querying this with some of the more knowledgeable Manchester call centre staff implied this was a deliberate ploy to make dropping last leg trickier (whether that is an informed opinion or educated guess I do not know). Unfortunately as is often the case, closing an exploited loophole creates collateral damage for some who may have always intended to complete the ticketed itinerary.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mda03jb
I’ve found that most of the attractive ex INV fares recently have prohibited the usual <24 hour connection and insist on <12 hours which prevents an overnight stop and therefore baggage retrieval at LHR & a B2B at INV. It also prevents getting the day flights back from JFK/BOS which are my preferred options.

~18 hr connections are usually possible, maybe not in some cases (unlikely).

Was looking at a ORK-LHR rtn flight yesterday so i could position to my SEZ flight. 500€ on EI. found ORK - ARN 1 way, 110€ was tempted, but then found ORK LHR rtn on an OTA for 126 so went with that. I guess moral of the story is always check OTAs don't rely on matrix or GF

EDIT:

my above post is not fully factually correct, someone posted rationale i.e. 6 hr maxconnect on flights departing before 5pm seems more reasonable to avoid APD

Last edited by W213Sal; May 8, 2019 at 2:19 am
Old May 8, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Personally I always aim to fly the last leg, however I have made a schoolgirl error on an upcoming ex-INV where I've managed to book the INV-LHR leg 24 hours before the LHR-INV... Rectifying my mistake would cost way too much so I'm just going to not take the last leg - but I still feel horribly guilty about doing so because I don't want to a) contribute the airlines removing these cheaper tickets and b) delay the flight leaving because I'm not checked-in/on board.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Tiffywren
Personally I always aim to fly the last leg, however I have made a schoolgirl error on an upcoming ex-INV where I've managed to book the INV-LHR leg 24 hours before the LHR-INV... Rectifying my mistake would cost way too much so I'm just going to not take the last leg - but I still feel horribly guilty about doing so because I don't want to a) contribute the airlines removing these cheaper tickets and b) delay the flight leaving because I'm not checked-in/on board.
If you don't check in, it's very unlikely you would delay the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.