Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-ARN CE Trip Report (Inc very odd lounge chancer attempt)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club

Just done a mini trip to ARN for a weekend away in CE. On the way out, we had a good flight with slightly delayed departure, but friendly crew and an excellent yellow chicken curry for light supper went down very well. Lovely flight in with good views of the Baltic and an attentive crew making us feel welcome. Pondered the vagaries of the luggage conveyor though as we'd both checked suitcases in at the same time. Mine was one of the first off, yet my partners was, literally, the very last bag to come out - any ideas how this may happen?

One minor issue with our BA holiday booked hotel was they said 'I see you have a superior room booked' and tried to check us in to that - but we'd intentionally paid extra for a slightly larger Deluxe room. Its definitely worth checking your room type to make sure when checking in that the hotel gives you the room you've paid for and not something which sounds similar, but isnt quite as good.

On the return trip today, again a really nice crew including personalised 'Mr X, Ms Y' greetings and offers of drinks, plus quick meal service (both lamb shanks and salmon plate were excellent) and we had several rounds of drink service. The crew were very good, although the passenger who decided to listen to music videos on his phone speakers during the safety briefing was less so. Got to stand 5 mins early, and luggage quickly off - exactly what we want in a CE flight. Lounge at ARN nothing to write home about, but useful place to pause.

The only odd thing was either the most audaciously blatant lounge entry I've ever seen, or genuine mix up - I just can't decide. Going up to the Galleries south we walked past CCR with a woman in front of us who had been skulking at entrance to the F lounge. The best way I can describe it is that there was something about her that didnt feel quite right - it was as if she knew she wasn't flying with lounge entitlement but wanted it anyway - its really hard to explain till you see it though. She got on ahead of us on the second escalator and when we got to top, both entry desks were busy, so she just walked straight into the lounge without stopping.

I spotted this and discretely said something to the member of staff (I think I said something like 'I don't want to come across as a lounge dragon, but that persons just walked right in). She discretely followed her in, and in a very discrete and appropriate manner, asked to see her boarding pass. I'd walked off at this point, but I did notice her being politely, but very firmly invited to leave and return to the main concourse, which she reluctantly did. I couldnt decide if it was a genuine mistake by an inexperienced traveller, or a very impressive and ballsy effort to get into the lounge. Either way, it was really well handled by the staff.

Overall, a really good little trip and well done BA.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by jimlad48
I couldnt decide if it was a genuine mistake by an inexperienced traveller, or a very impressive and ballsy effort to get into the lounge. Either way, it was really well handled by the staff.
i would bet this was a very deliberate blagging attempt !

i was in my local Little Waitrose recently and saw somebody acting suspiciously ... a few minutes later, she loaded up her shopping bag with packets of steak and walked straight out the door.
makes lounge entry attempts seem quaint by comparison.
jimlad48 likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:07 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Pricelss. Well done you! Most often I wonder why so many see things and don’t say anything. People might say that it as none of your business. Wrong. It is due to the likes of you giving business to BA that makes these sort of places possible. She was gatecrashing and was slung out on her ear albeit politely. Good for you.

I heard a wonderful story from a Flounge Lady that I believe to be true. I’d share it but won’t steal your thunder.
SKT-DK, fluffymitten and jimlad48 like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Pricelss. Well done you! Most often I wonder why so many see things and don’t say anything. People might say that it as none of your business. Wrong. It is due to the likes of you giving business to BA that makes these sort of places possible. She was gatecrashing and was slung out on her ear albeit politely. Good for you.

I heard a wonderful story from a Flounge Lady that I believe to be true. I’d share it but won’t steal your thunder.
PUCCI your words are wise as ever - could not agree more!
jimlad48 likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Pray, do tell! You can’t tease us like that... :-)
tsmnc and alex67500 like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
This comes to mind

Old May 6, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
i would bet this was a very deliberate blagging attempt !

i was in my local Little Waitrose recently and saw somebody acting suspiciously ... a few minutes later, she loaded up her shopping bag with packets of steak and walked straight out the door.
makes lounge entry attempts seem quaint by comparison.
And.........you reported her I hope? She got stopped I hope. Please don’t tell me you did nothing!
Old May 6, 2019, 10:38 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by salut0

Pray, do tell! You can’t tease us like that... :-)
OK. You win.

This occurred at a Lounge guarded by one of my sister's friends (which is why I have a problem with the word Dragon but then that's me) . It would appear that some female pitched up with a man in tow. Literally. She was holding his tie like a lead. The somewhat astonished Lounge Lady was taken somewhat aback and aked for their Boarding Passes. She was Gold. He was in Club. She was Hermes crossed with Louis Vuitton. He was carrying most of it.

"I take it" said she" That he may enter with me ?"

"Of Course Madam" she replied.

I have paid for him" she said "in America I do not have to"

"Indeed Madam ?" inquired my Sister's friend " that's odd"

"Simple" said Heart of Stone " I put a collar and chain on him and tell them that he is my Emotional Support Animal"

"But Madam, he isn't an animal" Said Sister's Friend

" You've not had him in a bedroom with the lights off" She replied

" I see Madam"

The animal in question spoke for the first time

" That's what I call her too!"

"Get in and get me two glasses of Champagne, they've got two different sorts, and you'd better be quick about it" said Madam

" Yes Madam. Right Away Madam"

The Lounge Lady literally was left with her mouth dropping. This happened at a BA Lounge so it's not utterly OT
msm2000uk, S_W_S, jimlad48 and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.