Search

Gold, postponing flights

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Gold, postponing flights

I'm sure you knowledgeable people can advise me, I can't find any info

I am unable to fly to Boston tomorrow due to investigative medical tests, and my insurance not willing to cover me without diagnosis.

I called BA to cancel and a very nice lady said as we are gold instead of cancelling we can postpone the flights.
I have up until December to rebook then a year to fly from the booking date.
My question is
Do I have to rebook the exact same flights?
Same departure and destination?
Of course I could have asked her but I didn't think at the time.

Thankyou
Old May 4, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / ITA Volare Executive
I had to postpone a set of flights post surgery earlier this year and was given exactly the same option. I was only a silver at the time.

when rebooking a few weeks ago they were happy to put the value towards any destination, in any class. I had to pay fare difference for new dates, but that’s it.

Cheers,
Ben
anniegray and Telecasterman like this.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to offer my sympathy to you anniegray, you must be hugely disappointed, but sometimes it's impossible to avoid health problems. Though you won't get a refund (unless via insurance), apart from that I think you will find BA will be fairly flexible about this going forward. I hope things get fixed quickly and you can go off and enjoy some travelling.
anniegray likes this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; May 4, 2019 at 6:25 am
Old May 4, 2019, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by anniegray
I'm sure you knowledgeable people can advise me, I can't find any info

I am unable to fly to Boston tomorrow due to investigative medical tests, and my insurance not willing to cover me without diagnosis.
Good luck with your tests, the waiting for results can be the worst bit.
anniegray likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hope all works out well.

BA to be fair are as generous with Blues as well in these circumstances. My boss postponed a NYC family trip for bereavement and was able to rebook up to a year later to anywhere paying the difference. They went to California and only cost couple hundred extra (five pax)
anniegray likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Don't forget that as soon as you have a diagnosis, your insurance ought to be willing to reimburse the cost of the ticket. Whether that is better or worse for you depends on the fares for the trip you wish to take. Price things at that time and make a decision.
anniegray likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just to offer my sympathy to you anniegray, you must be hugely disappointed, but sometimes it's impossible to avoid health problems. Though you won't get a refund (unless via insurance), apart from that I think you will find BA will be fairly flexible about this going forward. I hope things get fixed quickly and you can go off and enjoy some travelling.
Very timely thread for me - I was about to ask a similar question.

i was due to have surgery yesterday and the surgeon wasn’t happy about something wanting a new MRI , albeit an urgent new referral it’s now thrown out my planned Mid East trip later this month.

I have been able to postpone my trip and reschedule. Flyertalk at its best for me. Thanks
Old May 5, 2019, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Thankyou so much everyone. I'm sure I will be fine and off on my travels again soon. Good to know I don't have to stick to exact same.
iamnibblypig likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.